Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2007   #1
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default USA Today Front Page

USA Today has jumped onto the Texan bandwagon with a front page picture and article.

Link

This is a nice little article - nothing new, but some more positive press as the media continues to jump on our ever growing wagon.

Quote:
With Schaub under center, Texans are 'relevant' now.

Second-year Houston general manager Rick Smith readily acknowledges being nervous about whether Schaub could be an effective starter immediately.

Another original Texan, guard Fred Weary, admits being leery of handing over the offense to Schaub.

"That's what everybody questioned coming in — how can he lead a team, having just two starts?" Weary says. "But he's got the eye of the tiger. When he's in the huddle and you see that look in his eye, it speaks for itself."
As nice as this article is, I noticed not one of their sports guys predicted a Texan win. I guess they haven't fully committed to believing just yet. After Sunday, there will be a veritable plethora of believers.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #2
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: USA Today Front Page

Good find. Right now, we're kind of a novelty, maybe this years "Cinderella" team. I'm not surprised that not too many national media are picking us to win. Only us would actually wager any serious $$ on the Texans to win. We can change all that with a win, or at least a close game like the Tacks had with them last weekend. If we at least hang in there with the Colts this weekend, I see the bandwagon overflowing. I, for one, am enjoying the bandwagoneers. It's awesome to see our team mentioned nationally with no joke attached to it.
Old 09-21-2007   #3
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

I dreamt last night that the Texans shut out the Colts. I hope that it becomes a reality on Sunday.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
I dreamt last night that the Texans shut out the Colts. I hope that it becomes a reality on Sunday.
I sh*t you not. I had the very same dream. Although, I'm kind of in hot water with the girlfriend. I actually woke up at 4:30am with unbridled excitement and I just HAD to wake her up and tell her all about it. She is NOT a morning person. Especially when it comes to football.
Old 09-21-2007   #5
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Great read by UsaToday.

I liked Chester's comments about Carr. Seems right on the money.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #6
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That visible change, Texans placekicker Kris Brown says, is most attributable to the verbal report cards Kubiak issues after every practice.

"If a guy didn't have a good practice, he'd let you know. He'd let the whole team know," says Brown, another of the original Texans. "On the flip side of that, if some guy worked his butt off in practice, he'd tell you that."

Having operated in an uncertain atmosphere for so long, Brown says, it was important for the Texans to start acknowledging their obvious flaws while celebrating progress.

"He'd say the things guys obviously were thinking in their heads, and I think that's important," Brown says. "It's important for guys to understand there's an accountability every time you step out on the field, whether it's practice or it's Sunday."

Kubiak says he picked up that habit as an assistant under George Seifert in San Francisco and Mike Shanahan in Denver.

"You've got to be able to look at each other and be able to say, 'I'm doing my job, or I've got to do it better,' " Kubiak says. "You've got to have accountability, and you've got to have it on a daily basis."

And when you do, you finally become relevant.
This is something I liked. Having each guy bemore accountable and the way it is worded, it just does not seem like that was the case with the old staff.

Old 09-21-2007   #7
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I sh*t you not. I had the very same dream. Although, I'm kind of in hot water with the girlfriend. I actually woke up at 4:30am with unbridled excitement and I just HAD to wake her up and tell her all about it. She is NOT a morning person. Especially when it comes to football.
HA! Funny, my girl is the same way. I don't think she'll ever understand me as a Texans fanatic.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2007   #8
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys, what are we going to do when people praise us all of the time? Don't you think that we will want to be underdogs all over again?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Guys, what are we going to do when people praise us all of the time? Don't you think that we will want to be underdogs all over again?
hasn't hurt the Colts or Patriots. to me, any team that's affected that much by hype probably doesn't deserve to win anyhow.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #10
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
hasn't hurt the Colts or Patriots. to me, any team that's affected that much by hype probably doesn't deserve to win anyhow.
I meant the fans, but thanks for playing!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #11
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Good read . Thanks for the link .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #12
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post
As nice as this article is, I noticed not one of their sports guys predicted a Texan win. I guess they haven't fully committed to believing just yet
To be fair, they are the defending Super Bowl champs and have given no reason to believe they're not just as dominant. It's just a sensible pick. However, it's the wrong one, too!
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #13
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Now I am even more pumped for the game.

I'm going to go line up on Holly Hall shortly.
Old 09-22-2007   #14
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
sweet
Old 09-22-2007   #15
Southern Lion
Rookie

It's good to see the national media talking about the Texans in a positive light. I became a fan of the Texans before they were even called the Texans. I was an Oiler fan until Adams yanked the team to Tennessee, and when I heard that Houston was awarded an expansion team I had a team to root for again.

Living in San Antonio, where everything is Dallas, Dallas, and more Dallas, the Texans were hardly ever even on TV here. Now that they're winning I can see them on TV here regularly. Sweet.

This is by far the biggest game in Houston NFL history. Even without Andre I like our chances. He only caught 4 passes in last year's game at Reliant, so I see no reason why we should not win this game. We have a top 5 legitimate defense and the Baby Horses only beat Tennessee by 2 last week. It's gonna be a great game.

SL
Southern Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #16
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Lion View Post
This is by far the biggest game in Houston NFL history.
Biggest game in Texans NFL history.
Old 09-22-2007   #17
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 39634 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Last night, our kid's high school, Southwestern Heights Mustangs, won their game with a 41-8 victory making them 4-0! When Megan told me of the victory and the score, the random thought popped into my head that the Texans' win will be very similar.

Now THATS wild!

I was feeling that this game would be very close with a victory either way, but being high teens or low twenties. Now, I just don't know. Winning has a tendency of snowballing for those whose time as been slow coming and hard fought.

Here's to MY team, the Houston Texans!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read