Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2007   #1
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63030 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre Isn't the Only One Out

Dallas Clark, who has had a phenomenal start to the season, is doubtful for Sunday, as is Indy's RT Ryan Diem. This could mean a great game for Mario, and losing Clark definitely hurts Manning's ability to stretch our defensive secondary.
Dan B. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #2
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Andre Isn't the Only One Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
Dallas Clark, who has had a phenomenal start to the season, is doubtful for Sunday, as is Indy's RT Ryan Diem. This could mean a great game for Mario, and losing Clark definitely hurts Manning's ability to stretch our defensive secondary.
Okay now I am smelling a upset.

Dallas Clark does a lot for that team though, they still have about 4 other weapons on offense though...I think we have a lot of playmakers on defense though.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #3
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans go 3-0
Old 09-21-2007   #4
fritz145
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 fritz145 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotfritz145 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Don't rule Clark out just yet:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6360/news

Sep 20 Clark (neck) is expected to play on Sunday against the Texans, the Terre Haute Tribune-Star reports.
fritz145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #5
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

An Indy game without Dallas Clark would be kinda nice
Old 09-21-2007   #6
TooManyWeapons
Rookie

Dallas Clark is great. If he doesn't take the field it will definitely affect the game.

But, unlike some other teams in the league, the Colts do still have a few other superstars to throw the ball to.

I can't wait for this game. If I was predicting a blowout this wouldn't be the case.

To Houston: Thanks so far for not sucking. I may be cursing you for the same on Monday but right now I'm in a positive mood.
TooManyWeapons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #7
Indy Skinnz
Veteran

Rep Power: 1277 Indy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
Texans go 3-0
Just a touch premature on that prediction. You do know that Manning is playing, right?
Indy Skinnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2007   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Skinnz View Post
Just a touch premature on that prediction. You do know that Manning is playing, right?
I'm sure he knows it. We're just too excited to think straight.

IF we beat the Colts and go 3-0, there may be people crying happy tears in the stands. OK, not a lot, but a few.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #9
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh you mean, Eli's brother. What's his first name again?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We are all aware. We are also very aware that when Manning is sitting on the sidelines he is least effective.
Old 09-21-2007   #11
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Damn and I thought he got skeered and was goingto sitout so he could film another commercial.
Old 09-21-2007   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyWeapons View Post
Dallas Clark is great. If he doesn't take the field it will definitely affect the game.

But, unlike some other teams in the league, the Colts do still have a few other superstars to throw the ball to.

I can't wait for this game. If I was predicting a blowout this wouldn't be the case.

To Houston: Thanks so far for not sucking. I may be cursing you for the same on Monday but right now I'm in a positive mood.
Yeah, well we have superstars in the making! heeehhee. Mathis, Jacoby Jones and Owen Daniels will be names you are going to remember. You are still the team to beat, but we are coming after you like you were wearing a red flag.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure we all know by now that 1/3rd of the Colts roster on any given week seems to be listed as doubtful or questionable. They almost all, always play and play well.
Old 09-21-2007   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Andre Isn't the Only One Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyWeapons View Post

I think Gonzo can fill the slot quite nicely. He's still young, but watch out for him in the future. And that's NOT just the Buckeye in me talking. IF Clark is out (he'll play), Manning can look to Gonzo over the middle.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #15
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I think Gonzo can fill the slot quite nicely. He's still young, but watch out for him in the future. And that's NOT just the Buckeye in me talking. IF Clark is out (he'll play), Manning can look to Gonzo over the middle.
Exacty the guy I'm most fearing going into this game. Who's going to be covering Gonzo across the middle. #59 is going focused all over Addai, Wanyne and Harrison are going to get theirs at various times, but it's Gonzo that I think is going to be the key. He is going to be Mannings release valve, I think the less we hear from him the better.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Damn and I thought he got skeered and was goingto sitout so he could film another commercial.
I actually think those commercials are pretty funny.

Especially the one where he says something like "Nah, we don't do that. We just find the smallest guy on the team and duct tape him to the goal post"

Here's a SNL clip that's hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZpPf-q2_es
Old 09-21-2007   #17
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
Clark, Diem miss second straight practice for Colts

September 20, 2007

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Indianapolis Colts tight end Dallas Clark, right tackle Ryan Diem and outside linebacker Rob Morris -- all starters -- missed their second straight practice Thursday, and coach Tony Dungy has not said whether they will play Sunday at Houston.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #18
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exithios View Post
Clark, Diem miss second straight practice for Colts

September 20, 2007

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Indianapolis Colts tight end Dallas Clark, right tackle Ryan Diem and outside linebacker Rob Morris -- all starters -- missed their second straight practice Thursday, and coach Tony Dungy has not said whether they will play Sunday at Houston.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
yeah i have a feeling he's going to have a breakout game sooner, rather than later.

but really, the texans need to focus on stopping the run. once that's shutdown, manning's options are limited, and his play-action is taken away, and that's what you wanna do with manning. don't worry whether dallas clark is in there or not, if Addai is getting big yards, so will manning, to WHOEVER.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #20
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
yeah i have a feeling he's going to have a breakout game sooner, rather than later.

but really, the texans need to focus on stopping the run. once that's shutdown, manning's options are limited, and his play-action is taken away, and that's what you wanna do with manning. don't worry whether dallas clark is in there or not, if Addai is getting big yards, so will manning, to WHOEVER.
I disagree. I say the Texans should concede the running game and dedicate themselves to stopping the pass. Play pass defense first and let the front 4 get pressure up front.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read