Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2007   #41
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson expected to be out 5 weeks

From Kubiak's presser:

Quote:
(on if there’s any further information on WR Andre Johnson) “No, just that you guys know he won’t play this week. I mean, we were hoping for a miracle and we’ve still got time for one, but it doesn’t look good. You know, like I said, the good news is he’s going to be fine. The question is how long’s it going to be? Is it going to be a week, three weeks, five weeks? I don’t think we know until they kind of get him out of the thing that he’s in right now and really test him out, and the plan is to do that tomorrow.”

(on a report that says that WR Andre Johnson will miss five weeks) “Well, I think that would definitely be the worst scenario. And I’m very optimistic, especially with a guy like him who’s a really hard worker and very well-conditioned player. If anybody should make it back quicker than the doctors think that he can, it’s probably that guy. So I’m going to be on the optimistic side.”
About Ron Dayne:

Quote:
(on if RB Ahman Green and RB Ron Dayne are OK) “Ahman’s fine. Ronnie, there’s a little bit of question on Ronnie. He did practice some today. He did not put on his pads with the rest of the guys, so we’ll push him tomorrow and we’ll make that decision. If not, Samkon (Gado) will go.”

(on what the question is on RB Ron Dayne) “Just got some bruised ribs, and coming out of the game just in general, beat up. Eighteen tough carries and 15 of them in the fourth quarter. But he did do some things today, he just didn’t get in the banging with everybody else.”

Why Kubiak rocks:

Quote:
(on if there was a game that QB John Elway missed and Kubiak came in and won against all odds) “Every time he missed they said we had no chance. When I got a chance to play, it was probably a lot of, ‘Oh, crap.’ But that’s part of football and I think what it does is it makes everybody just reach down a little deeper. Everybody on this football team knows what kind of player we’re missing this weekend, everybody knows that and I think it just makes everybody dig a little deeper. Every coach, everybody. So when our team comes out of this, we should be a better football team. Do we have to replace a great player? You dang right we do. But it should make us all better.”
Old 09-20-2007   #42
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
From Kubiak's presser:

About Ron Dayne:

Why Kubiak rocks:

For what Kubiak said in your last quote is why I think we have a better chance than people think, everyone will play that much harder, and maybe they drop their guard just a little. Every unit will have to play very well as a whole but it can be done.

Old 09-20-2007   #43
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

All I know is, if we can beat the Colts without Andre Johnson, then he'll definitely take his time to heal.
Old 09-20-2007   #44
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to voice my skepticism. My concern is that a Posterior Cruciate Ligament injury is not very difficult to diagnose on physical exam. Now after an MRI which is accompanied by no "report," it makes me feel that someone knows much more that is being revealed. A number of members of the board have eluded to trusting Kubiak and the front office on their statements on injury status Sorry, but following that track has not been very reliable in the the past......not just occasionally, but regularly. AJ today made a telling statement today that he will have to take it day to day............or week to week. Why would it be so difficult for someone to confirm the injury?...........If by now, team physicians don't have a definitive diagnosis, it's time to look for new physicans. "Smoke screens" aren't a good explanation for the pattern that we've seen over the years............. You just have to ask yourself how many "nebulous" injuries sustained by Texans players have ended up as lesser than than greater severity? For the answer, you can use the fingers of your non-dominant hand while using the dominant side of your brain.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #45
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
For the answer, you can use the fingers of your non-dominant hand while using the dominant side of your brain.
Only three things scare me in life - nuclear war, Carnies and a Dominatrix with a Cleveland Browns' tattoo.
Old 09-20-2007   #46
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I swear no one reads my posts sometimes...

Does anyone feel the same way about this?
FORGET IT......................
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #47
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have to voice my skepticism. My concern is that a Posterior Cruciate Ligament injury is not very difficult to diagnose on physical exam. Now after an MRI which is accompanied by no "report," it makes me feel that someone knows much more that is being revealed. A number of members of the board have eluded to trusting Kubiak and the front office on their statements on injury status Sorry, but following that track has not been very reliable in the the past......not just occasionally, but regularly. AJ today made a telling statement today that he will have to take it day to day............or week to week. Why would it be so difficult for someone to confirm the injury?...........If by now, team physicians don't have a definitive diagnosis, it's time to look for new physicans. "Smoke screens" aren't a good explanation for the pattern that we've seen over the years............. You just have to ask yourself how many "nebulous" injuries sustained by Texans players have ended up as lesser than than greater severity? For the answer, you can use the fingers of your non-dominant hand while using the dominant side of your brain.
I posted something very similiar on a fantasy message board Monday or Tuesday.

With the evasiveness and track record of this organization in handling serious injuries I think we have legitimate cause for concern.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2007   #48
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They definitely aren't reporting everything.

There was the initial diagnosis of the knee as being a PCL sprain. Then they weren't specific after the MRI.

The Texans report after the MRI says good news, no swelling, but today, the Hashmarks guy calls the Texans training staff and is told "the swelling has gone down." Wha?

Okay. So I got curious and have been thinking about this some more. In 2005, Andre Johnson missed 3 games and was hampered for most of that season with what was talked about today in the Chronicle as a calf injury. I couldn't remember which one, so I looked it up and apparently it was his left calf.

The knee that is bothering him now is his left knee.

And originally, his injury was described as a strained PCL. Since then they just generically call it a sprained knee which can mean a whole lot of things.

Okay, I'm not a doctor, but here is some rememberances with some doctor questions. In 2005, I met Andre Johnson the night he came back from outta town from meeting with a doctor about his condition (the reason why this sticks with me). And he doesn't say much but at the time, I was talking with some other people and was told that his calf injury was sort of a quirky injury. That what he had was really a knee issue. That the pain he was having was in the back of the knee as it connects into the calf.

And he really tried to play through that. It messed with him throughout 2005.

And similar to the current situation, they never really identified publicly what was wrong with him other than he was having issues with his calf. And AJ's frustration with how long it took him to come back made him visit with a doctor in a different state. (He was late to the event I was at because he had just come from the airport).

I am pretty sure I am remembering right but does anyone remember the same about the nature of his 2005 injury?

And would that be similar to what a PCL strain is?
Old 09-20-2007   #49
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
They definitely aren't reporting everything.

There was the initial diagnosis of the knee as being a PCL sprain. Then they weren't specific after the MRI.

The Texans report after the MRI says good news, no swelling, but today, the Hashmarks guy calls the Texans training staff and is told "the swelling has gone down." Wha?

Okay. So I got curious and have been thinking about this some more. In 2005, Andre Johnson missed 3 games and was hampered for most of that season with what was talked about today in the Chronicle as a calf injury. I couldn't remember which one, so I looked it up and apparently it was his left calf.

The knee that is bothering him now is his left knee.

And originally, his injury was described as a strained PCL. Since then they just generically call it a sprained knee which can mean a whole lot of things.

Okay, I'm not a doctor, but here is some rememberances with some doctor questions. In 2005, I met Andre Johnson the night he came back from outta town from meeting with a doctor about his condition (the reason why this sticks with me). And he doesn't say much but at the time, I was talking with some other people and was told that his calf injury was sort of a quirky injury. That what he had was really a knee issue. That the pain he was having was in the back of the knee as it connects into the calf.

And he really tried to play through that. It messed with him throughout 2005.

And similar to the current situation, they never really identified publicly what was wrong with him other than he was having issues with his calf. And AJ's frustration with how long it took him to come back made him visit with a doctor in a different state. (He was late to the event I was at because he had just come from the airport).

I am pretty sure I am remembering right but does anyone remember the same about the nature of his 2005 injury?

And would that be similar to what a PCL strain is?

TC,

Classically, the knee is stabilized by the 2 side (collateral) ligaments and a front (anterior cruciate ACL) ligament and back (posterior cruciate PCL) ligament. The cruciate ligaments connect the lower portion of the thigh (femur) bone with to the upper surface of the shin (tibia) bone, each crossing the knee joint (thus the name cruciate).

The PCL functions mainly in preventing the tibia from traveling backwards on the femur, known as posterior drawer sign. PCL tears are graded I- III with III being the worst. These grades are classified by the amount of backward tibial movement observed when the knee is bent at 90 degrees. Mild injury does not cause instability. More serious injury leads to knee instability with the shin bone having a tendency to slide backwards when the knee is bent at 90 degrees...............The main pain secondary to this injury is felt in the CALF. Once injured the PCL NEVER completely heals and must be doubly protected by strengthening of the quadracep, hamstring and calf muscles. Repeated injuries can lead to the need for surgical intervention.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #50
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I swear no one reads my posts sometimes...

Does anyone feel the same way about this?
Yeah, I agree.

No one reads your posts sometimes.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #51
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 474 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
TC,

Classically, the knee is stabilized by the 2 side (collateral) ligaments and a front (anterior cruciate ACL) ligament and back (posterior cruciate PCL) ligament. The cruciate ligaments connect the lower portion of the thigh (femur) bone with to the upper surface of the shin (tibia) bone, each crossing the knee joint (thus the name cruciate).

The PCL functions mainly in preventing the tibia from traveling backwards on the femur, known as posterior drawer sign. PCL tears are graded I- III with III being the worst. These grades are classified by the amount of backward tibial movement observed when the knee is bent at 90 degrees. Mild injury does not cause instability. More serious injury leads to knee instability with the shin bone having a tendency to slide backwards when the knee is bent at 90 degrees...............The main pain secondary to this injury is felt in the CALF. Once injured the PCL NEVER completely heals and must be doubly protected by strengthening of the quadracep, hamstring and calf muscles. Repeated injuries can lead to the need for surgical intervention.

GO MARIO WILLIAMS!!!! Oh..sorry wrong thread.....I guess all this genius talk is getting me confused.
kcdoubleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #52
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
TC,

Oooh. So it could be possibly the same thing as 2005? And chronic.

Sigh.
Old 09-20-2007   #53
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
FORGET IT......................
LMFAO, it happens to everyone.

I actually was conjuring up the same suspicion the other day. Why else would Andre himself say he would'nt be ready? If I were a Texans player, I'd say. "If coach says I can play, I'll play." He didn't even give himself two days. That's what I find fishy. And actually, I hope so fishy that it's a Landry's Coupon Give-A-Way this Sunday.

Now, they have declared him "OUT" on the ticker on the bottom of NFLN. So, I don't know.
Old 09-21-2007   #54
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I am in the crowd of 1-2 weeks. I think there is a small glimmer of desperate hope on my part he will be back this Sunday, but that's my hope talking. I think by Atlanta maybe Miami at the latest. But hey, that's just me speculating.

He needs to get one of those hypobermic (or however the heck you say and spell it) chambers.

2 week out club-member here
Old 09-21-2007   #55
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I think something has been fishy going back to Monday when they didn't reveal the results of the MRI.

MRIs are the king kong of diagnostic tests. They, except in the most extreme cases, tell whether it is, or is not.

Now, I don't know what is going on behind the scenes, or why they have decided not to tell the whole story, but Cloak has pointed out the history of this team doing this.

There hasn't been a day that has gone by where a statement or comment hasn't been made that 'preps' for future bad news.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #56
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Well if he is out five weeks, then he will be back just in time for us to make our push for the playoffs. I hope they don't rush him back. I think we can go 3-2 with out him. That would put us at 5-2 with our best player coming back from injury. I'll take that.
Old 09-21-2007   #57
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its easy to get all worked up about this kind of thing, but the reality is there is no reason to. Yet.

When cloack mentioned that PCL injuries never "fully" heal, thats a little misleading and is going to cause a lot of chicken little reactions.

A non-surgerical requiring injury does not cause knee instability, and therefore while the PCL may not recover to its original strength, muscle strengthening and rehabilition over both short and long term allows for a "100%" recovery. It may not be exactly the same, but functionally it works.

Also, don't think of this injury as chronic. His 2005 injury was never fully diagnosed. A LOT of injuries result in calf pain, including direct calf injuries. He played the entire 2006 season at 100% (103 catches, thats a lot of tackles). If he was suffering from a chronic condition, we would have noticed some pain or limping from him after being hit in 2006.

Furthermore, he took a SHOT in the Panthers game. Its not like he was running, planted, and then came up limp. He landed from catching, planted his feet, and then got completely knocked. If you heard the interviews, everyone saw his knee bend in a non-natural way. If he had suffered a previous PCL injury, the current injury may have been much more serious.

Finally, players injure their knees all the time. Many, many players with NO history of knee injuries can tear their ACL just by taking an awkward step. Look at Lawson just a few days ago.

The fact is, conditioning is the only way to help prevent injuries, as football is a violent sport. AJ's condition is not "chronic" in the way that a lot of players have "chronic" knee problems. He is probably just as likely as anyone else of developing an injury. He played all of 2006 injury free, and so I would hardly get all worked up. Yet
Old 09-21-2007   #58
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
Yeah, I agree.

No one reads your posts sometimes.
LOL! Good one...

I can take solice in the fact that you read it though.
Old 09-21-2007   #59
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
LMFAO, it happens to everyone.

I actually was conjuring up the same suspicion the other day. Why else would Andre himself say he would'nt be ready? If I were a Texans player, I'd say. "If coach says I can play, I'll play." He didn't even give himself two days. That's what I find fishy. And actually, I hope so fishy that it's a Landry's Coupon Give-A-Way this Sunday.

Now, they have declared him "OUT" on the ticker on the bottom of NFLN. So, I don't know.
Someone answered my question... AMEN!!!

Between doctor cloaknnndagger and TC my posts were lost in the shuffle. I would repost and then bam, texans_chic spits out another 5 paragraph post.

However, I have just had this weird feeling that they are making it look worse than it really is. I mean, how tough is it to play on a sprain? I played three years of varsity football without an ACL in my right knee.
Old 09-21-2007   #60
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Someone answered my question... AMEN!!!

Between doctor cloaknnndagger and TC my posts were lost in the shuffle. I would repost and then bam, texans_chic spits out another 5 paragraph post.

However, I have just had this weird feeling that they are making it look worse than it really is. I mean, how tough is it to play on a sprain? I played three years of varsity football without an ACL in my right knee.
Does anyone else hear something?

Just kidding. It is really easy to get lost in the shuffle in here, as some posters seem to only read each others messages. I guess clicks form even on internet messageboards.

As to your comment about the ACL, I think you'll find that 0% of NFL players will risk permanent damage to play an extra game. Playing with no ACL is no only dangerous, but frankly, sort of stupid. You could end up SERIOUSLY injured, and when your career rests on the health of your knees, you don't risk millions in my opinion

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read