Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2007   #21
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson expected to be out 5 weeks

The only thing Matt is missing is healing powers!
Old 09-20-2007   #22
fritz145
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 fritz145 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotfritz145 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Thanks for passing the link along, TC. You're right, of course. As much as we all want the diagnosis and time frame RIGHT NOW, there's just no way to know what's going on in AJ's knee and when it will allow him to return.

If there's one thing I've learned about doctors over the years, it's that for all the great medical advancements that have been made over the years, there's still far more we don't know about the human body than what we do.
fritz145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #23
real

I think he'll be back by next week. JMO.
Old 09-20-2007   #24
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

With a sprain like this you'll get micro tearing in the ligament and the MRI will show the extent of the tearing. I'll go on record as saying it will depend on how the sub receivers looked in practice and whether or not AJ has a greatly increased chance of making the injury worse or sustaining a different injury to another part of the knee by playing this Sunday before Kubiak makes a decision. I guess we'll just have to wait til game time. If he's out Sunday and we play well on O, he might miss a couple of weeks.
Old 09-20-2007   #25
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Isn't that the network Casserly works for??
Yep, he took your old job as our head janitor!
Old 09-20-2007   #26
AZwhoopr
Rookie

Well he's definetly out for one week as most of you know, but as for 5 weeks, I don't think so. I've had a similar sprain before and it took about 3 weeks to heal(BP also stated this). Sure, maybe his sprain is more serious, but that's my insight that I have to offer on that subject. I think our real concern going into this game vs. the Colts would be the health of other players such as Green and TJ. Any word on these two yet? If we are without green AND Aj this week, things could get ugly(unless dayne runs them over like he did last year). And I'd love to have TJ bringing that inside heat to PM too.
Old 09-20-2007   #27
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's my write up about it:

How Many Games Will Andre Johnson Miss?

Lots of people who read PFT also read FanHouse, so I figured I try to put out there everything that we know right now so people would know what the deal is and not just go panicking through the streets shreiking 5 weeks 5 weeks aaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!
Old 09-20-2007   #28
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I am more on the idea he'll miss closer 2-3. But we all know for sure he'll be out this week and we'll learn more on friday. Personally i think Kubiak and Co will err on the side caution.

Here's hoping for the best.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #29
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

If it is all gossip over there why don't they slap a "National Sports Enquirer" banner on it and sell it at grocery store checkouts?
Old 09-20-2007   #30
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
If it is all gossip over there why don't they slap a "National Sports Enquirer" banner on it and sell it at grocery store checkouts?
Actually, they put that information in a section called "rumor mill."

There is so much information and misinformation out there that it is hard to sort out the difference.
Old 09-20-2007   #31
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Try five days.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #32
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Westbrook had an MRI for a knee sprain is supposed to play this Sunday. "Knee Sprain" means nothing. its a case by case basis
Old 09-20-2007   #33
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I choose to take the "glass is half full" approach to AJ being hurt. It will give JJ or KW or someone else the chance to stand up and make some plays.

Also, Schaub has had a week to have practiced with the guys who will be on the field Sunday, so timing will have been worked on as well.

That said...get well soon AJ! I rarely break out the jerseys, but I'll be wearing my #80 Steel Blue jersey Sunday for you!
Old 09-20-2007   #34
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am in the crowd of 1-2 weeks. I think there is a small glimmer of desperate hope on my part he will be back this Sunday, but that's my hope talking. I think by Atlanta maybe Miami at the latest. But hey, that's just me speculating.

He needs to get one of those hypobermic (or however the heck you say and spell it) chambers.
Old 09-20-2007   #35
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Hey, I actually appreciate that report.

If there is scuttlebutt out there to be had, I want to hear it. And the PFT guy really made a point of saying hey, this might be a load of crap, but this is what the gossip is. He didn't report it as fact.

Personally, I am not sure that the scuttlebutt is correct. Today is the day they are suppose to take his knee out of the immobilizing thing and see how it is feeling. Given that there was no immediate swelling, it suggests no tear, and so I would think that his return would be based on how it is feeling and not some sort of guestimate. The injury I heard that he had is one that has no specific time frame for return--that it differs from person to person.
Exactly. If you actually read what PFT said, is that this is what is being reported, but it could be a bunch of crap. It didn't say that he will definitely miss 5 weeks and that he has a serious injury. Eli was supposed to miss a month and didn't miss a game.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #36
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
Profootballtalk.com can't make it more obvious that they hear a rumor a basically just print it with little no confirmation of facts.

1) the section is called rumormill
2) they call themselves rumormongers
3) the Andre Johnson article uses schuttlebutt

Effectively, they go beyond what National Enquirier does in letting you know we are not a "real" or "legitimate" news source. ESPN, FOx etc, use "insiders" who are basically sports gossip columnist, but attempt to pawn these guys off as doing journalism. Which one do you want?
ArlingtonTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #37
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I am in the crowd of 1-2 weeks. I think there is a small glimmer of desperate hope on my part he will be back this Sunday, but that's my hope talking. I think by Atlanta maybe Miami at the latest. But hey, that's just me speculating.

He needs to get one of those hypobermic (or however the heck you say and spell it) chambers.
Hyperbolic and i was thinking that might come in useful as well.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #38
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

hyperbaric? a hyperbolic chamber would have a lot of exaggerated maths.
Old 09-20-2007   #39
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
Pro Football Weekly = the football equivalent of the World Weekly News. They get people's attention by posting BS that catches people's attention. This is the same site that said Amobi Okoye was already being called a bust in July, take what they say not with a grain of salt, just dismiss it. He'll be back in a week or two, wait til he's re-evaluated.

Sad thing about it, it works.
Old 09-20-2007   #40
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Why would they be so public about his injury? Could we consider it to be something like Eli Manning's? People were saying that he was out for a month and then BAM he was out on the field last Sunday.

Think about it. He has a sprained knee with no swelling. He was walking around fine after the game. The world champs are coming into town.

Now he is going in to be re-examined on Friday. For what??? To get authorization to play maybe, I don't know, this Sunday?

He might play this weekend. I don't mean to give false hope to Texans fans or anything, but it might be a game planning ploy. Maybe we are trying to catch the Colts off guard.

Or... "Maybe I'm Craaaazzyyy..."

I swear no one reads my posts sometimes...

Does anyone feel the same way about this?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read