Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2007   #1
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881
Angry Andre Johnson expected to be out 5 weeks

From ProFootballTalk

JOHNSON IS EXPECTED TO MISS FIVE WEEKS

Although the injured knee of Texans receiver Andre Johnson is scheduled to be re-examined on Friday, the current scuttlebutt is that he'll miss five weeks.

We're not saying he'll miss five weeks -- we're only saying that that's the scuttlebutt. (It's the same thing as Mort saying that his report about Eli Manning missing a month wasn't wrong because his sources truly thought he would miss a month, but in this case we're disclosing that fact before, not after, the story is proven to be wr-wr-wr-wr-bullcaacaa.)

If he misses five weeks, he'll be back for the October 28 game at San Diego.

Jacoby is really going to have to step up, and the same with Kevin Walter. With Andre we could easily win 4 of the next 5, hopefully we can still salvage without him.
Old 09-20-2007   #2
TexansSB07
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: Andre Johnson expected to be out 5 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881 View Post
Jacoby is really going to have to step up, and the same with Kevin Walter. With Andre we could easily win 4 of the next 5, hopefully we can still salvage without him.
If you want to know the WRONG information trust Pro Football Talk guy, I would rather trust the #1 Texans haters BSPN then PFT
TexansSB07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #3
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a team and personal fantasy nightmare.
Old 09-20-2007   #4
real

I doubt AJ is out 5 weeks.
Old 09-20-2007   #5
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Pro Football Weekly = the football equivalent of the World Weekly News. They get people's attention by posting BS that catches people's attention. This is the same site that said Amobi Okoye was already being called a bust in July, take what they say not with a grain of salt, just dismiss it. He'll be back in a week or two, wait til he's re-evaluated.
Old 09-20-2007   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Five weeks takes us to the Titans game, which is right after the Jags game. If we win without him this week I would expect him to be shut down until he is healed. If we do not win I expect him to be back by the Jags game.
Old 09-20-2007   #7
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

What a load of BS!

Why write something without any info to back it up? Is this rag just for rumors? Is anything they write real? Are they affiliated with Western Onion?

I don't even want to waste my time with that.
Old 09-20-2007   #8
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

With reports like that, Jerome Solomon could do well over there.
Old 09-20-2007   #9
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll worry about AJ this time next week. We KNOW he's missing the Colts game! The rest is just speculation on the part of id*ots who want to stir the pot! Who cares what they write! I care what KUBIAK says period!! Most wedsites, and the local ragsheet, just like to express THEIR opinion, which I could care less about!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

He's back by ATL. ya' heard it first from DBN (Double Barrel Network)!
Old 09-20-2007   #11
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would they be so public about his injury? Could we consider it to be something like Eli Manning's? People were saying that he was out for a month and then BAM he was out on the field last Sunday.

Think about it. He has a sprained knee with no swelling. He was walking around fine after the game. The world champs are coming into town.

Now he is going in to be re-examined on Friday. For what??? To get authorization to play maybe, I don't know, this Sunday?

He might play this weekend. I don't mean to give false hope to Texans fans or anything, but it might be a game planning ploy. Maybe we are trying to catch the Colts off guard.

Or... "Maybe I'm Craaaazzyyy..."
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #12
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I'll worry about AJ this time next week. We KNOW he's missing the Colts game! The rest is just speculation on the part of id*ots who want to stir the pot! Who cares what they write! I care what KUBIAK says period!! Most wedsites, and the local ragsheet, just like to express THEIR opinion, which I could care less about!
Exactly..Until Kubiak comes out and announces it, the rest is nothing but trying to break the story first. They were so wrong in Manning's problem with him missing a month yet he still played and had a pretty decent game even though they lost. I guess they think that AJ's injury is usually a 5 wk. thing they think they need to say it...As long as the Texans are winning, I don't see a need to rush him back..If he misses 5 games due to the team winning and to get him back 100%, I will take it !! That means a well rested and ready to go AJ for the home stretch !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #13
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
What a load of BS!

Why write something without any info to back it up? Is this rag just for rumors? Is anything they write real? Are they affiliated with Western Onion?

I don't even want to waste my time with that.
Hey, I actually appreciate that report.

If there is scuttlebutt out there to be had, I want to hear it. And the PFT guy really made a point of saying hey, this might be a load of crap, but this is what the gossip is. He didn't report it as fact.

Personally, I am not sure that the scuttlebutt is correct. Today is the day they are suppose to take his knee out of the immobilizing thing and see how it is feeling. Given that there was no immediate swelling, it suggests no tear, and so I would think that his return would be based on how it is feeling and not some sort of guestimate. The injury I heard that he had is one that has no specific time frame for return--that it differs from person to person.
Old 09-20-2007   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

Ditto. I think that these guys don't know anything and are just trying to pull in some traffic with an "over the top" non-story.
Old 09-20-2007   #15
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Isn't that the network Casserly works for??
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #16
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Ditto. I think that these guys don't know anything and are just trying to pull in some traffic with an "over the top" non-story.
Like him or not, the PFT guy gets ton of traffic and doens't have to make up stuff. Not everything he reports turns out, but he gets lots of leads , and he has often been the first to report stuff.

It's a football gossip site. Like a lot of gossip, sometimes it turns out and sometimes it doesn't.
Old 09-20-2007   #17
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Five weeks takes us to the Titans game, which is right after the Jags game. If we win without him this week I would expect him to be shut down until he is healed. If we do not win I expect him to be back by the Jags game.
I have a problem with that, KT. I would expect him to be shut down until he's completely healed, no matter what. I know we need him that bad, but we don't need that bad to where he's not 100%, and at the risk of further injury.

As for the 5 weeks thing, yeah someone is pulling that out of his ass, but that aside, I have a feeling Kubiak and company is going to err on the side of caution as to when he does return. I don't expect him back for at least another month.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #18
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Why would they be so public about his injury? Could we consider it to be something like Eli Manning's? People were saying that he was out for a month and then BAM he was out on the field last Sunday.

Think about it. He has a sprained knee with no swelling. He was walking around fine after the game. The world champs are coming into town.

Now he is going in to be re-examined on Friday. For what??? To get authorization to play maybe, I don't know, this Sunday?

He might play this weekend. I don't mean to give false hope to Texans fans or anything, but it might be a game planning ploy. Maybe we are trying to catch the Colts off guard.

Or... "Maybe I'm Craaaazzyyy..."
seriously does anyone feel the same way???
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #19
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

As a side note, when he first got the injury, it was announced as a PCL sprain.

Then he got the MRI, and then the Texans were non-specific about the type of injury, just calling it a knee sprain. If you look at the Manfull report, she makes that distinction by saying that they originally called it a PCL sprain.

The Boselli Rule: You can't trust anything you hear about any Texan players injury and their expected return.

Everybody pray for Andre. Yeah even you atheists and agnostics and such. Why not? You might get an answer.
Old 09-20-2007   #20
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

From the Pittman, Houston Press article:

Quote:
JCF: What is Andre’s mood like right now? Is he fairly optimistic that he’ll be able to return soon?

BP: Well, I haven’t talked to him personally, but from what I gather, it shouldn’t be a lengthy injury. Three weeks at the most, I think. But you never know. Everyone reacts differently when it comes to healing time.
link

See, GOSSIP! IS! EASY!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read