Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-25-2007   #41
2ToneBlue
Veteran

Default Re: VY not perfect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
I disagree, with your disagreement.

IMO, it's not so much because of his height, but more his ability to sidestep and find openings and angles downfield. There were a couple of passes he threw last night that, when replayed in slo-mo, you could really see how low the ball is thrown.

I just figure that the lower trajectory ball would have a greater chance of being batted down or picked.

I think the stats from last year show he had more int's than td's, but I do wonder if many of those were from linebackers or more d-backs.
2006:
Andre Dyson, DB
Bradie James LB
Aaron Glenn DB
Mike Doss DB
Asaunte Samuel x 2 DB
Rasheed Mathis x2 DB
Scott Starks DB
Ed Reed DB
Jason David DB
Marlin Jackson DB
Your boy Faggins DB

I see one non-Defensive Back in the 13 int's...
2ToneBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #42
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

A few were end of half ducks too.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #43
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ToneBlue View Post
2006:
Andre Dyson, DB
Bradie James LB
Aaron Glenn DB
Mike Doss DB
Asaunte Samuel x 2 DB
Rasheed Mathis x2 DB
Scott Starks DB
Ed Reed DB
Jason David DB
Marlin Jackson DB
Your boy Faggins DB

I see one non-Defensive Back in the 13 int's...
Heck...maybe vy is just the evolution of qb'ing! Maybe one day a junior football camp will be run by vy and the Uncle Rico throwing motion will be emulated by hundreds of young kids wanting to learn "the best way" to chuck a ball.

</end dripping sarcasm>
Old 09-25-2007   #44
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Heck...maybe vy is just the evolution of qb'ing! Maybe one day a junior football camp will be run by vy and the Uncle Rico throwing motion will be emulated by hundreds of young kids wanting to learn "the best way" to chuck a ball.

</end dripping sarcasm>
I would disagree with your sarcasm but my Super Bowl rings keep messing up the post....

Old 09-25-2007   #45
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I would disagree with your sarcasm but my Super Bowl rings keep messing up the post....

Blazing Arrow is Brett Favre!Blazing Arrow is Brett Favre!Blazing Arrow is Brett Favre!

Just for the record Favre only has 1 Super Bowl Ring.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 09-25-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #46
1337texanfan
Rookie

Quote:

it would be "super bowl ring". seeing as the packers only won 1 superbowl with farve at the helm.
1337texanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #47
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Is one more then zero .... I forget

Sponsored links
Old 09-25-2007   #48
1337texanfan
Rookie

Quote:
user:
1337texanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #49
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Appearantly you forgot that one is less than the plural form of ring when you stated rings.
Old 09-25-2007   #50
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Appearantly you forgot that one is less than the plural form of ring when you stated rings.
You are avoiding my point ... you forgot this goon

anyways .....

Who will Shammy throw to next time you guys play? I think you should sign that pepsi machine from last season. Seems like a solid player. Kind of faided out there at the end but who knows this fancy Texans team might ......

Old 09-25-2007   #51
Tourist
Rookie

Quote:
That ugly sidearm motion of vy's is going to result in some batted down balls and int's over the long haul though.
Y'know, people have been saying this for two years. When exactly is this supposed to start happening?

Of course, the folks who are saying this are the same people that said he wouldn't be able to run against the bigger, faster defenders in the NFL.

And that it would be 2-3 years before he was ready to play.

And that he was too dumb to learn an NFL playbook.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

But I'm sure they're right about the whole throwing motion thing.

Last edited by Tourist; 09-26-2007 at 12:17 AM.
Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #52
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

BA...you live in California, follow the titans as your team, and profess to be the bearer of SB rings on your hand?

Get a mental evaluation quickly my man.
Old 09-26-2007   #53
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

throwing motion actually has very little to do with balls being batted down. it's mostly about finding the right passing lanes. young can do that. someone who can't do that, yet has a fine overhand throwing motion (and is pretty tall), is Chris Simms. he gets more balls batted at the line than anyone i've seen.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #54
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
BA...you live in California, follow the titans as your team, and profess to be the bearer of SB rings on your hand?

Get a mental evaluation quickly my man.
Sorry I did not deliver the lame joke that floats on TT. I should have put it

Signed,
Mr. Farve

Can you comprehend that?

Old 09-26-2007   #55
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
throwing motion actually has very little to do with balls being batted down. it's mostly about finding the right passing lanes. young can do that. someone who can't do that, yet has a fine overhand throwing motion (and is pretty tall), is Chris Simms. he gets more balls batted at the line than anyone i've seen.
Then why the year in, year out knock on short (less than 6') qb's?
Old 09-26-2007   #56
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Some things never change...

VY saying "um" or "dey"(instead of their) in his pressers & BlazingArrow talking sh*t to Texans fans.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #57
2ToneBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Then why the year in, year out knock on short (less than 6') qb's?
It's a lame excuse to knock players, Drew Brees is 6' and doesn't get very many batted down. I'm sure there's a little more technique involved. If lineman can get up to block kicks then passes shouldn't be much of a problem. The extra 3"-5" the ball comes out doesn't make a huge difference.

Pump fakes help short QB's too, get the lineman up and pass when they're on the way down before they can jump again.

A lot of that should fall on the lineman too, if the defense gets too close to any QB no matter the size they can bat the ball down.
2ToneBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #58
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post

VY saying "um" or "dey"(instead of their) in his pressers & BlazingArrow talking sh*t to Texans fans.

If it makes you feel any better this is my most frequented non Titan board.

Old 09-26-2007   #59
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Arrow,

Catch me up... How did you get on the Bret Favre thing???
Old 09-26-2007   #60
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post

Thats a Texas education for you...
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read