Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2007   #21
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: It's Jacoby TIME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
This year's number for the Texans is 12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDm0PqjAF78
trippy.
Old 09-20-2007   #22
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I think it may be Daniels who steps up against Indy, although there will be a lot of running.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
At least there's not a lot of game film for the Colts to study on JJ. I have a feeling Kubiak DOES have a few surprises in store for our division opponent. Truthfully, I'm not that worried about our receiver's, BUT, I am concerned about our secondary. Dunta cannot cover both Harrison and Wayne, and both are huge threats with PM tossing the ball. The rest of the guys have got to step it up, or this game will be over before the gates open.

There will be NO room for errors in this game!! If my gut feeling serves me right, which it does quiet often, I think our D will score more points than the O. Whoever wins the turnover battle will win this game. JMO!!
Both ar every good observations. The main challenge will be using alternate receivers and holding off Peyton's receivers. I am hopeful that the run game will continue to open up the passing game, and I think OD will be used to split the Colts down the middle of the field.

Defensively, the key will be putting Mario where he needs to be to hassle Peyton. If the line can hassle Peyton - which is the reason the line was built up in the first place - then the ball won't be getting into the hands of Harrison and Wayne. If the d-line is unsuccessful, there is no way the Texans' anemic defensive secondary can keep up with Harrison, Wayne, and Clark.

Time for the d-line to man up.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish JJ well also, but I think surprises such as passes to Breuner when a run is expected and passes to Leach will be part of the game. I'd like to see a quick score on our first posession, a quick stop to Colt's and then a long drive by Texans for a TD to show them it can be done. This is why coming from behind last week will be of help. Schaub will fake an end around to Mathis at some point and throw for long yardage to a WR. See? I have it all planned.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #24
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I wish JJ well also, but I think surprises such as passes to Breuner when a run is expected and passes to Leach will be part of the game. I'd like to see a quick score on our first posession, a quick stop to Colt's and then a long drive by Texans for a TD to show them it can be done. This is why coming from behind last week will be of help. Schaub will fake an end around to Mathis at some point and throw for long yardage to a WR. See? I have it all planned.

That would be......

YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #25
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 474 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
No it isn't. Every one knows that "IT'S PEANUTBUTTER JELLY TIME! PEANUTBUTTER JELLY TIME! WHERE YA AT? THERE YA GO! WHERE YA AT THERE YA GO! PEANUTBUTTER JELLY TIME! PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! THAT'S RIGHT IT'S PEANUTBUTTER JELLY! PEANUT BUTTER JELLY! PEANUTBUTTER JELLY WITH A BASEBALL BAT!"
Hah! I knew it was peanut butter and jelly time! Finally....confirmation.
kcdoubleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #26
whiskeyrbl

Everybody remember to whistle for JJ. Sunday is his day to make a statement, and I personally could not have thought of a better scenario.
Old 09-20-2007   #27
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
This year's number for the Texans is 12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDm0PqjAF78
I see your "Electric Company" and raise you a "Schoolhouse Rock"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l2NP6K_iuk

otherwise known as "The Ballad of Antonio Alfonseca"
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2007   #28
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

lets be cautiously optimistic, remember he is still pretty lean & needs to bulk up to absorb hits, cause you know Sanders & Co. are gonna be headhunting. with our #1 playmaker on the sidelines because of a cruel hit expect the same treatment from Indy.

personally I hope Daniels has the breakout game with a big dose on Leach to soften up the underneath, stretch the field with speed on the outside allowing Jacoby to work the 20 yard routes without getting in a high low situation.

I know Jacoby can do it I'm just a little concerned for his health

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read