Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2007   #1
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected
Default It's Jacoby TIME!!!

No doubt we all saw what he can do in the pre-season, so now I just have a feeling he is really going to step up on Sunday and deliver.
One TD on a punt return and another on a TD pass from Schauby.

The young man has talent, the drive and the skills!

Texans 27
colts 17
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It's Jacoby TIME!!!

It's JJ time!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #3
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

jj just has to let the game come to him and not force the issue, i think owen and ahman will open things up for him
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #4
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

No it isn't. Every one knows that "IT'S PEANUTBUTTER JELLY TIME! PEANUTBUTTER JELLY TIME! WHERE YA AT? THERE YA GO! WHERE YA AT THERE YA GO! PEANUTBUTTER JELLY TIME! PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! THAT'S RIGHT IT'S PEANUTBUTTER JELLY! PEANUT BUTTER JELLY! PEANUTBUTTER JELLY WITH A BASEBALL BAT!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #5
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i wish i could hit that banana with a baseball bat, just kidding
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: It's Jacoby TIME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Machine View Post
Texans 27
colts 24
I corrected you ;-)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it may be Daniels who steps up against Indy, although there will be a lot of running.
Old 09-19-2007   #8
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142254 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

If Jacoby blows up against the Colts on Sunday and we put a whuppin' on them, I fear my head will explode from all the excitement.

I felt like such a homer at the beginning of the season when I felt that this year was going to just kick ass and be a HUGE turning point for our Texans, and I'm starting to feel justified now. A win on Sunday would get this town rockin'.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #9
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I think it may be Daniels who steps up against Indy, although there will be a lot of running.
I'll agree with you on that one. I think Daniels will be heavily involved in the Indy game. It'll be time to get the Dayne train rolling once again as well.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #10
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets just hope Supaman can run his routes like AJ has shown him.
If so it will be a nice game for the kid.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #11
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

go jj
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #12
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

I hope the Colts don't know about Jacoby Time, I'd rather it be a suprise.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #13
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see JJ have a breakout game this Sunday. You know, score 2 or 3 TD's, 100 plus yards receiving and maybe another 100 plus on punt returns. But mainly, I just want them all to play a good solid game together as a team. If they can do that, it won't matter if AJ is missing or JJ doesn't have a breakout game, they can still win with solid team Defense and solid team Offense. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #14
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
I hope the Colts don't know about Jacoby Time, I'd rather it be a suprise.
I've seen Jacoby's highlights on ESPN. ESPN. I am absolutley sure that Dungy is aware of Jacoby time.

However, I do want to see what the kid can do when the the opposing defense or special teams know who he is and what he does. If he can still make plays when everybody knows what he's capable of, then that is where he'll make his money.

I want this player to succeed in the worst way, and I think he's exhibited the tools to do so, but he's really gotta execute in gametime I think. I'm kind of shocked he hasn't gotten more looks during the games. I only hope that coach Kubiak was maybe saving him for a time when he could possibly take a team by surprise.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #15
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I've seen Jacoby's highlights on ESPN. ESPN. I am absolutley sure that Dungy is aware of Jacoby time.

However, I do want to see what the kid can do when the the opposing defense or special teams know who he is and what he does. If he can still make plays when everybody knows what he's capable of, then that is where he'll make his money.

I want this player to succeed in the worst way, and I think he's exhibited the tools to do so, but he's really gotta execute in gametime I think. I'm kind of shocked he hasn't gotten more looks during the games. I only hope that coach Kubiak was maybe saving him for a time when he could possibly take a team by surprise.
dungy cant stop my man jacoby...
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #16
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

At least there's not a lot of game film for the Colts to study on JJ. I have a feeling Kubiak DOES have a few surprises in store for our division opponent. Truthfully, I'm not that worried about our receiver's, BUT, I am concerned about our secondary. Dunta cannot cover both Harrison and Wayne, and both are huge threats with PM tossing the ball. The rest of the guys have got to step it up, or this game will be over before the gates open.

There will be NO room for errors in this game!! If my gut feeling serves me right, which it does quiet often, I think our D will score more points than the O. Whoever wins the turnover battle will win this game. JMO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #17
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think JJ is going to have a good game, but the key for him is not forcing the issue. I hope we don't try and replace AJ with JJ because he's just going to get frustrated.

Start him off with a nice 5 catch, 60-80 yard day.

Honestly, I think Daniels is the guy who is going to step it up the most. I have seen nothing but positives from this guy, and with all the 2 TE, 1 WR sets we are going to run (so we can force it up the Colts gut), he is going to get open on some play fakes
Old 09-20-2007   #18
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Dungy isn't reading this...but, I think we'll see that fake handoff to Anhman and then the handoff to Jacoby coming around the outside...we didn't run it once last week at carolina. With the speedy guys the colts have on defense, they'll all over pursue to get Ahman and Jacoby sprints down the field for a quick 6!
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #19
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Time to grow up JJ!
Old 09-20-2007   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

This year's number for the Texans is 12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDm0PqjAF78

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read