Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-19-2007   #1
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Fight Song...a suggestion

I've got no problem with the proposed Texans song, but it seems to be lacking a little something. I like the overall feel...but I have a song that I think would be PERFECT!
The Miami Dolphins had a song that had sort of an oom-pah band feel to it...and it became the Houston Oiler fight song. We all know the words to it. The Oilers (RIP) are no more. Bud Adams stole that songs from the Dolphins...LET'S STEAL IT BACK! Change the word "Oilers" to "Texans" and it works PERFECTLY!

"Houston has the TEXANS the greatest football team. We take the ball from goal to goal like no-one's ever seen. We're in the air. We're on the ground. Always in control, and when you say the TEXANS...YOU'RE TALKING SUPERBOWL! "Cause we're the Houston TEXANS! Houston TEXANS! Houston TEXANS # 1."

I say we get a petition going. We can sing it in the stands...what's Bud Adams gonna do? Sue us?

Five, six, seven eight...We're the best in the lone star state!

Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #2
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Fight Song...a suggestion

I think the issue I have with the new fight song is that it's 'wordy'...
We need something quick, catchy and to the point.
I will admit, the old oiler song was fun, but it needs to stay buried with the oilers.

I just wished I was clever enough to come up with something...
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #3
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude, rewording the old Oiler song would be the perfect way of flipping Bud the bird anytime he and the Traitors...I mean Titans came to Reliant to play...thinkaboutit!
Old 09-19-2007   #4
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

The Oilers are gone.

We have a new team in Houston that is no way related to the old.

We need our own song/theme, not some re-hash of the old.
Old 09-19-2007   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

We do not need a fight song. We do not need a nickname for our defense, offense, team, or stadium. We don't need a different quasi-mandatory dress code for every single home game (though obviously Battle Red days work and are a great idea).

We need to win games. We need to win games more often than we lose them (and we seem to have finally gotten the knack of that).

Everything else will come in time. The Texans need to stop trying to cram 40-50 years worth of tradition, marketing, and gimmicks into a 6 year old franchise. They need to just sit back and let it come to us at a normal pace.
Old 09-19-2007   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBnkJ...elated&search=

Write some lyrics and adapt it to the above.

You want something that will whip 70,000 people into a frenzy. Put that on Reliant Stadium's speakers, and turn up the base.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
Five, six, seven eight...We're the best in the lone star state!

It's one-five-seven-eight, not five-six-seven-eight! Get it right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2007   #8
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBnkJ...elated&search=

Write some lyrics and adapt it to the above.

You want something that will whip 70,000 people into a frenzy. Put that on Reliant Stadium's speakers, and turn up the base.
Hell, let's just adopt the actual song. Don't change anything. The place would be getting down.
Old 09-20-2007   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 290612 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I can name several Pantera songs that would work great.
Old 09-20-2007   #10
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

We could adapt D*ck in a Box to be like...

"We Put 8 in the Box"
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #11
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXm5fVNVZzw

DB, would this be something you were refering to?
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 290612 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXm5fVNVZzw

DB, would this be something you were refering to?
I've thought about that one, but the whole "Cowboys" thing didn't sit right.

So I'd probably pick:

Primal Concrete Sledge

Mouth for War

13 Steps (the video/audio is horrible. The studio version is awesome!)

F'n Hostile (not politically correct, tho')
Old 09-20-2007   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

There ya go DB!! Anything Pantera.... Maybe someone could do a voice over from "Cowboys from Hell" to "Texans from Hell"

Texans From Hell:

Under the lights where we stand tall
Nobody touches us at all
Showdown, shootout, spread fear within, without
We're gonna take what's ours to have
Spread the word throughout the land
They say the bad guys wear black
We're tagged and can't turn back

You see us comin'
And you all together run for cover
We're taking over this town

Here we come reach for your gun
And you better listen well my friend, you see
It's been slow down below,
Aimed at you we're the Texans from hell
Deed is done again, we've won
Ain't talking no tall tales friend
'Cause high noon, your doom
Comin' for you we're the Texans from hell

Pillage the village, trash the scene
But better not take it out on me
'Cause a ghost town is found
Where your city used to be
So out of the darkness and into the light
Sparks fly everywhere in sight
From my double barrel, 12 gauge,
Can't lock me in your cage

You see us comin'
And you all together run for cover
We're taking over this town

Here we come reach for your gun
And you better listen well my friend, you see
It's been slow down below,
Aimed at you we're the Texans from hell
Deed is done again, we've won
Ain't talking no tall tales friend
'Cause high noon, your doom
Comin' for you we're the Texans from hell
Old 09-20-2007   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

I like it, TB!
Old 09-20-2007   #15
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Agreed, but they are Cowboy fans.

It's not an issue with me adapting a Pantera song, but some people would take that issue very seriously around here.

Actually, Pantera made a little ditty for the Dallas Stars, check it out here http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=27057263.

I was living in Dallas when the Stars won the Cup and went to many games during the season, including a couple playoff games. I remember the Pantera song they adapted was "Cowboys from Hell", but I was really drunk at those games.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #16
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Walk makes me wanna punch a horse!
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
Walk makes me wanna punch a horse!
"Are you talking to me......?"

Nice, I like that!!!
Old 09-20-2007   #18
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
"Are you talking to me......?"

Nice, I like that!!!
GO HOME BOY!!!!!
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #19
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

We don't need a song at all. Clay Walker when we score is good enough.

Keep playing Clay for 50 years and then we will have this tradition that people and the Texans keep trying to create.
dskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #20
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
We could adapt D*ck in a Box to be like...

"We Put 8 in the Box"
"Christmas."

" Eight in a box! "

" Chanuka"

"Eight in a box!

"Kwanza."

"Eight in a box! Christmas at your parents place eight in a box! Mid day at the grocery store eight in a box! BACKSTAGE AT the C.M.As 8 in a box...well well well well well well!"

I like it. God help me I like it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read