Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2007   #1
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Genius is Back!

Just some thoughts I'd like to share with the class......

Ahman Green is listed as "Limited Practice" with a knee? Whutupwitdat?

I know Faggins has taken some grief for his play Sunday, but I'm going to stick my neck out and defend him. On the first play to Smith, he slipped and fell down. Whatchagonnado? On the TD pass to Smith, he had him covered and when he turned to the ball it boinked him on the helmet and Smith got a lucky bounce. On the other TD to Smith, he just wiffed on the tackle. So really, I just fault him on the missed tackle. He ain't D-Rob but I think he's capable of being a decent corner. I also would not be surprised to see us bringing in another CB next year (draft or FA) to replace him. Especially with Smith's mandate to only rush four DL.

Again I ask! Where's the love for Kris Brown? He's been deadly on his FG's, but the most impressive stat is his kickoffs for touchbacks. Field position is so extremely important and I think he had at least 3 kickoffs that weren't returned. That is huge. Turk also has been a great addition.

Great start to the season and I can't remember the last time a Houston team so dominated a game. Was this game a turning point? I think every game this season will be a turning point for this team.

The Bottom Line - This team will win some games as long as they stay healthy.

Prediction - Sunday, JJ catches 9 passes for 150+ yards and 2 TD's and a punt return for a TD. This guy is going to be awesome. If he gets some playing time, I wouldn't be surprised if he got OROY.

"Genius since 1952"
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Genius is Back!

based on those numbers, it looks like Jones will have about 300 yards total. i'm having trouble believing that.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #3
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120415 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: The Genius is Back!

Well I wouldn't call myself a GENIUS...but thanks.
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
Again I ask! Where's the love for Kris Brown? He's been deadly on his FG's, but the most impressive stat is his kickoffs for touchbacks. Field position is so extremely important and I think he had at least 3 kickoffs that weren't returned. That is huge. Turk also has been a great addition.
This is something a lot of fans don't often think about. In fact, we've been taking this for granted for a long time now. I'm glad to see someone puts this forward.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #5
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
based on those numbers, it looks like Jones will have about 300 yards total. i'm having trouble believing that.
So will the Colts.

TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #6
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
Even a genius can dream........
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read