Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2007   #1
pgitta
Rookie

Default Congratulations Texans

I created an account here last year since we played you guys. (Redskins)

I said then, you guys are great sports, and I just wanted to stop back by and say congrats on a great start this season.

We're not doing too bad ourselves, but I don't think any of us should hold our breath about being recognized anytime soon.

You guys have a great opportunity for recognition though this week. I really think you have a great chance to knock off the Colts and maybe we won't have to be subjected to so many Dopey commercials.

Good luck. Kick their ass. You've been waiting a long time, and I hope your fortunes continue.

Die hard Redskin.
pgitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #2
real

Default Re: Congratulations Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgitta View Post

I said then, you guys are great sports, and I just wanted to stop back by and say congrats on a great start this season.

We're not doing too bad ourselves, but I don't think any of us should hold our breath about being recognized anytime soon.

You guys have a great opportunity for recognition though this week. I really think you have a great chance to knock off the Colts and maybe we won't have to be subjected to so many Dopey commercials.

Good luck. Kick their ass. You've been waiting a long time, and I hope your fortunes continue.

Die hard Redskin.

Thanks for the well wishes.

I haven't seen much of Campbell....is he looking like the real deal ?
Old 09-19-2007   #3
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I grew up in Va rooting for the Redskins. I still have a soft place for them in my heart - when they aren't playing the Texans.
Old 09-19-2007   #4
pgitta
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by real View Post

Yeah, you probably won't. Usually the only hightlights you see of the Skins are ones where one of our guys is sliding off someone elses running back as they cross the goal line. But we're getting used to it.

Campbell is getting everyone excited. Last week was only his 9th start, but he's showing signs of greatness. He's missing some easy throws, but making a lot of hard ones. Weird.

At least he has legs unlike

We,ve lost our entire right side of the O'line already to season enders, but the backups seem to be holding their own.

We'll see what happens. Maybe we'll see you in the SB?
Old 09-19-2007   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by real View Post

He who has re-made himself, I watched Campbell Monday night. Wasn't stellar, BUT he managed the game pretty well. You can definitely tell that he's getting it figured out and that it will bode well for the skins through the rest of the season....
Old 09-19-2007   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Welcome to the board pgitta.

We'll promise to take down the Colts as long as you guys do some damage to the Cowgirls.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #7
pgitta
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Welcome to the board pgitta.

We'll promise to take down the Colts as long as you guys do some damage to the Cowgirls.
Well, as you probably already know.

That is always a high priority for us.

Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2007   #8
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, you probably won't. Usually the only hightlights you see of the Skins are ones where one of our guys is sliding off someone elses running back as they cross the goal line. But we're getting used to it.

Campbell is getting everyone excited. Last week was only his 9th start, but he's showing signs of greatness. He's missing some easy throws, but making a lot of hard ones. Weird.

At least he has legs unlike

We,ve lost our entire right side of the O'line already to season enders, but the backups seem to be holding their own.

We'll see what happens. Maybe we'll see you in the SB?
LOL! Great pic!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #9
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:

Die hard Redskin.
Thanks for the kind words. I hope all ends well in Washington. I'm enjoying watching them win this season. We all hate the Cowgirls too, so we're all practically brothers. O_O
Old 09-19-2007   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Good luck this season, man. Campbell really looks like he's been making some strides forward. Kid's got a cannon.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 208960 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We are still trying to dig ourselves out of a hole. I don't expect playoffs this season, but I do next season. The Texans are up and coming, and will get the respect we want soon enough.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #12
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
We are still trying to dig ourselves out of a hole. I don't expect playoffs this season, but I do next season. The Texans are up and coming, and will get the respect we want soon enough.
Its obvious we're getting some recognition though.

I mean, NFLN is featuring reasons why the Texans can win tomorrow on Playbook's comercials.

I'm hearing good things from many media outlets.
Old 09-19-2007   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 208960 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are getting recognition for their very obvious improvement this year. And thatís a good thing, because we deserve it and itís true. As to whether we are a playoff caliber team yet is still to be determined.

This Sunday will say a lot to that.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #14
pgitta
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
LOL! Great pic!
Thanks, I had a lot of time on my hands last year.

Old 09-20-2007   #15
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

This guys has some great pics.... LMAO!

You should photoshop our old qb with a tunnel coming out of his helmet.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #16
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80155 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Rock Cartwright still the KR for the Skins? Only reason I ask is because I grew up with him in Conroe and knew he would be in the NFL or MLB someday.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #17
pgitta
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
Is Rock Cartwright still the KR for the Skins? Only reason I ask is because I grew up with him in Conroe and knew he would be in the NFL or MLB someday.
Yes sir. Sure is.

One of the more popular guys. Hasen't broken any this season yet, but is pretty much money to get a good return.
Old 09-21-2007   #18
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

My buddy from Conroe said he knew him and that they hung out alot. Great guy.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read