Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2007   #21
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Cold Shower from ESPN

Hey I just calls it how I sees it.

I am not going to sit on the fence and say "Well we may make the playoffs."

I am saying we should unless 9 or 10 wins isn't enough to get us in.

Thats my prediction, and I am sticking to it.

Everyone else predicited 8-10 wins, why do I get flack for doing the same thing?

I just added the 'P' word in there and thats the truth, I think we'll get 9 or 10 wins, and if that isn't enough to get us in then it just isn't.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #22
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

Guys, this is just my gut feeling but......

If we win more games, we won't lose as much.
Old 09-19-2007   #23
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post

Everyone else predicited 8-10 wins, why do I get flack for doing the same thing?

I just added the 'P' word in there and thats the truth, I think we'll get 9 or 10 wins, and if that isn't enough to get us in then it just isn't.
I am on your side. The AFC has come off to a slow start. If we can win two games that we arent "supposed" to (Indy, @Indy, @Titans, @Chargers) and play consistently, I don't see why the playoffs are out of reach, other than mere disbelief by those of us who are accustomed to losing.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #24
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

the titans are not better.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #25
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The only way we don't make the playoffs IMO is if another team wins more games than we do...

See our schedule, we should win 9-10 games.
Quote:

It's your keen eye for the obvious that I find funny. Of course if other teams win more games they'll go to the playoffs. It's like saying if my feet were bigger, I would need bigger shoes.

We're all with you though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #26
Southern Lion
Rookie

I like John Clayton, but I think he's wrong on two counts: 1- The Texans will make the playoffs, probably as a Wild Card. As I predicted over at Battle Red Blog, I think they'll finish second behind Indy. 2- Tennessee is NOT better than Houston. We are 2-0 and they are 1-1. Records aside, Tennessee has VY, and that's about it. The Texans' D will dominate them I think. I'm looking forward to the two Titan games this year. I think we win both those.

John Clayton does look like Beaker, and when put up against Sean Salisbury, he's a genius.

SL
Southern Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #27
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
this is who Clayton reminds me of:

Performance enhancing drugs are bad, mmmm-k?
Mmmm-k.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2007   #28
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 127 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The only way we don't make the playoffs IMO is if another team wins more games than we do...

See our schedule, we should win 9-10 games.
I also believe we can win these games if we score more points than our opposition.
John Madden

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #29
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownsportsfan View Post
I also believe we can win these games if we score more points than our opposition.
John Madden

Well lol I was just saying I thought we were going to win 9 or 10 games but it may not be enough in the AFC is all. If we beat the Colts though, that'd be the second game we were not supposed to win IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
I am on your side. The AFC has come off to a slow start. If we can win two games that we arent "supposed" to (Indy, @Indy, @Titans, @Chargers) and play consistently, I don't see why the playoffs are out of reach, other than mere disbelief by those of us who are accustomed to losing.
Those all sound pretty tough but I had the Carolina game a loss for us. Titans don't scare me as much at home, since YKW basically did everything he could to lose us that game.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #30
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Welcome to the board John Madden.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #31
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Welcome to the board John Madden.
He can't be John Madden, because at no time in his post did he mention Brett Favre, and everyone knows that it is impossible for Madden to make a comment that doesn't include Favre. I heard that he had to do extra takes during the filming of those Tinactin commercials because he kept inserting Favre into the lines he was supposed to say.
Old 09-20-2007   #32
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 30516 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
furthermore, I think we'll beat the Colts if we score more points than they do...
We might also have a shot at winning if they score less points than us.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #33
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

Quote from some real idiots:
... the Colts and Titans are better at the moment.

Ok, I get the Colts bein better thing but WHERE in all their infinite wisdom **cough LMAO cough** do they get that the tight-ones are? Someone please enlighten me.
Old 09-20-2007   #34
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
best post of the thread.
Old 09-20-2007   #35
TexansSB07
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I like Clayton, he's a straight shooter, and pretty level headed. Doesn't generally get caught up in the hype and all.

But, the Colts have to play NE & Baltimore, we don't. If Jax & Tenn split their games with Indy, we may end up winning the division with our light schedule.
John Clayton picked Cowbabies last year and this year to win it all...not caught up in hype..LMAO. He would be hard pressed to pick a winner in a ONE horse race
TexansSB07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #36
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSB07 View Post
John Clayton picked Cowbabies last year and this year to win it all...not caught up in hype..LMAO. He would be hard pressed to pick a winner in a ONE horse race
cowboys weren't hyped much year at all..
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSB07 View Post
On paper, that was a great team. In the preseason, it looked like all the pieces fit, and they began last year(the first5 maybe six games) pretty well.

They weaknesses were exposed by the Saints, whose HeadCoach just happen to have been the Cowboys OC the three years prior to becoming the Saints head coach.

Still, they made it to the play-offs and lost because of a botched snap.
Old 09-20-2007   #38
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
These guys must not listen to their competition. I've heard at least two commentaries on NFL Network saying that we were wise to choose Mario over Bush because we needed a solid pass rush in the AFC South. (Matter of fact, I think it was Terrell Davis that said it last night.)
Terrell Davis, Adam Schefter, and Rich Eisen were in agreement.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #39
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Who cares what anyone says?

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Consultant Dan Reeves told Bob McNair that David Carr wasn't the problem.
The national media told Texan fans that they should have drafted offensive linemen in 2007 (despite the thinness at that position in the draft), and said that Schaub was going to get destroyed with the Texans line.

Check out what *the experts* said about the Texans 2007 draft. It is pretty funny in retrospect: "Texans Draft Grades: 'Experts' Full of It Like I Have to Tell You That"

Very few people writing about the Texans have actually seen much of their play. They see stats, they see meager highlights and say what they are going to say.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I don't know what this Texans team has in store, but what I do know is that them 'experts' don't know much about these Texans. Mostly because the Texans don't know who they are yet. They are still figuring that out, learning what happens through hard work, adding and subtracting parts, and believing in themselves, but what we've seen so far looks like they are on the right track.

It's more fun to cheap shot the Texans than admit you don't really know much about the team, nor have to learn it.

Doesn't matter what they say, what I say or what anyone says. You play the game well and that will stop all that talk.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 09-20-2007   #40
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Thinking about this weekend and the new found media attention we are getting made me realize something that normally would be common sense. This game against INDY is quite possibly the worst trap we could set ourselves up for. At the end of the year if we had won this game but didnt make the playoffs we would look inadequate, if we had lost this game but didnt make the playoffs we would still look inadequate. we do not HAVE to win this game to have a chance at the playoffs. the only time this would become important is in a tie-breaker situation between 2 wildcard teams. What I am trying to say is , how well we play the game , the effort and gusto etc, are most important. I firmly believe we are really really close to an "any given sunday" type team and every win or loss is equally important. IMHO

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read