Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-19-2007   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mario Williams on Rome

set your dial to 610 (11:00-2:00) for tomorrows Jim Rome show because Mario Williams is going to be a guest. just fyi don't want y'all to miss

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #2
datchapin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2013 datchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Williams on Rome

Thanx for the heads up.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

*bump*

(as a reminder)
Old 09-20-2007   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Reminder for those that listen to Rome.... Coming up soon.
Old 09-20-2007   #5
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mario will be on Rome today...things change

Just heard that Rome will have Mario on today. Go to 610 and stream up if you can.
Old 09-20-2007   #6
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Rome just said Mario up after this break.

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

He is on NOW!
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2007   #8
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mario on Rome

Right now!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario on Rome

I got it below but it got moved...to anothwer thread that announced it..lol
Old 09-20-2007   #10
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

-Seems like a really good teammate.
-Doesn't want Okoye to go through what he did in rookie year.
-Matt Schaub is a general, defense has whole lot of faith in him.
-Likes Carr, but didn't talk down on him.
-Stressed fundamentals for Colts game, also bringing the hat to Manning. Used the word disruption several times.
-Feels like the tide will be turned by the end of the season but not now.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #11
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
-Feels like the tide will be turned by the end of the season but not now.
Thanks for the recap. I'm kind of fuzzy on what the above might mean.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Thanks for the recap. I'm kind of fuzzy on what the above might mean.
I think he meant when it came to "people getting off his case." He was realistic when it came to how fans treat him and he said a few bad games will have people saying the bad stuff again. He was positive about it but realistic as to how it changes game to game. He said you will have to wait a year to see if the tide turns.
Old 09-20-2007   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Ya know..... Work ****ing sucks!! I was all ready to act like I was working - but listening to Mario on Rome and then........ I had to take a FREAKIN' phone call!!!
Old 09-20-2007   #14
real

Not a whole lot of substance in the interview, but it was a good interview for Mario's image...

If you weren't a fan of his, or didn't know much about him, it'd be hard pressed not to root for him to succeed after hearing that interview...

He represented himself and the organization really well.
Old 09-20-2007   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Ya know..... Work ****ing sucks!! I was all ready to act like I was working - but listening to Mario on Rome and then........ I had to take a FREAKIN' phone call!!!
Let me call ya right back I have to go to the john.

OK yeah I know I could not do that but what the hell.
Old 09-20-2007   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

not taking anything for granted & waiting until the end of the season to awknowledge the change in fan support. also taking Amobi under his wing to help him avoid the same mistakes he made (I wonder what they where? did not expand). overall just got to play through all the hype, continue to improve & help the Texans win

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #17
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hate how bitter he is about the whole Vince/Reggie thing. You can hardly blame him, but I get the feeling he just doesn't like us fans very much. I was okay with the pick... I never really wanted VY - as much as I love the guy - and I was never convinced that Reggie was going to be a great NFLer... I really hope he takes a liking to the fans, because he's VERY aware of how the bandwagon is filling up, both for him personally and the team.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #18
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
(I wonder what they where? did not expand)
Probably pressing; not relaxing and playing his game...thinking too much..changing too much from wht got him there...

I dunno...just a guess...
Old 09-20-2007   #19
real

Wow...

Texans getting love from all over the country....
Old 09-20-2007   #20
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoa! A Carolina Panthers fan just called the show and propped the Texans and Mario. Man, the Panther fans are the most gracious fans ever.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read