Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Yellow & Orange Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2007   #1
bpe3
Veteran

Rep Power: 352 bpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This board is dead, so I started a new thread...

Gee, I'm a poet and didn't even know it.

Come on Yellow Lotters!!! Let's liven this place up!!!

bpe3
bpe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #2
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This board is dead, so I started a new thread...

Old 09-19-2007   #3
bpe3
Veteran

Rep Power: 352 bpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respected

OK... Now we're getting somewhere. Quality conversation at its finest. I love this board.

bpe3
Old 09-19-2007   #4
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I posted this earlier today on another yellow lot thread, maybe it will do better here.

My husband can't make the game so our tailgating group will consist of 3 teenage boys and 3 moms. We need some good food suggestions - we are cooking on a camp stove - no one has a portable grill. Last week we made breakfast tacos - that was great - but are looking for some new ideas for this week.

One of the moms is Irish, so she has the drinking beer thing down - but her football knowledge is based on a rugby background. We were at our middle schoolers football game last night, her son made some great tackles. The rugby thing doesn't hurt there. She was thrilled when I explained tailgating to her and that it was ok to bring beer.
Old 09-19-2007   #5
bpe3
Veteran

No offense, but you know it's possible to start your own thread right??? That's what people usually do when they want to discuss a brand new topic.

How about Lobster omlettes for everyone in the Yellow Lot? Eggs benedict?It's hard to get good breakfast food at a tailgate party. We have a gas griddle and used to cook up bacon fresh at every home game. Haven't had it in a while though. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

bpe3
Old 09-19-2007   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I did breakfast tacos before the KC game (eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns, onions, peppers w/ home made flour tortillas courtesy of our friends, hot picante) etc., all made fresh on my Coleman stove. It's one of my favorite tailgate b'fasts.

This week it's an egg bake, made at home and transported in a hot bag for the 25 minutes it takes me to get to Reliant from my house. More time for me to socialize while grilling Chappel Hill jalapeno sausage and other tasty nibblings.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #7
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpe3 View Post
We have a gas griddle and used to cook up bacon fresh at every home game. Haven't had it in a while though. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.
I still have it...if you want me to bring it...
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2007   #8
bpe3
Veteran

I want fresh bacon, but I want someone else to cook it. It would be a great condiment for Doug's famous tacos.

bpe3
Old 09-20-2007   #9
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Breakfast tacos this week? They were great for the Chiefs game.
dskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #10
bpe3
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah. Bring that bacon cooking machine. Bacon rules.

bpe3
Old 09-20-2007   #11
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
I did breakfast tacos before the KC game (eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns, onions, peppers w/ home made flour tortillas courtesy of our friends, hot picante) etc., all made fresh on my Coleman stove. It's one of my favorite tailgate b'fasts.

This week it's an egg bake, made at home and transported in a hot bag for the 25 minutes it takes me to get to Reliant from my house. More time for me to socialize while grilling Chappel Hill jalapeno sausage and other tasty nibblings.
Man that sounds good aj!

mmm Home made flour tortillas...........

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #12
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i vaguely remember eating some delicious breakfast tacos before the kc game.
Old 09-21-2007   #13
bpe3
Veteran

Whoever invented the taco should be given a Noble Prize.

Also, go ahead and give one to the first guy who ate a pig and declared, "Damn, bacon tastes GOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!"

bpe3

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Yellow & Orange Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read