Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-19-2007   #1
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Playing the waiver wire

I need a decent #4 WR or somebody that'll score as a Flex WR/RB. Here are my choices.

Dwayne Bowe
Dennis Northcutt
James Jones
Roydell Williams
Jason Avant

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Mr. White; 09-19-2007 at 08:59 AM.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #2
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Playing the waiver wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I need a decent #4 WR or somebody that'll score as a Flex WR/RB. Here are my choices.

Dwayne Bowe
Dennis Northcutt
James Jones
Roydell Williams
Jason Avant

What do you guys think?
I'd go Northcutt. He is the number one option in Jax and you figure the Jags will need to throw the ball some. Matt Jones hasnt stepped up as that number one receiver they were hoping, so Northcutt is filling that gap right now.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #3
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

kinda hard not knowing who is available in your league. Is Wes Welker available? If so i would go with him or Ronald Curry (thanks Vinny).
Old 09-19-2007   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Welker and Curry have been on rosters since our draft. Anyone available in my league has to get picked up based on sleeper potential at this point.

I went with Bowe. Seems like he's the best athlete out of all these guys and he'll start putting up some numbers when the offense starts clicking. I don't really need him until weeks 5 and 6 anyway.
Old 09-19-2007   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 180779 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked up Roydell, because some WR has to become the #1 in Tennessee. Right?
Old 09-19-2007   #6
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post

Dwayne Bowe
Dennis Northcutt
James Jones
Roydell Williams
Jason Avant

What do you guys think?
I'd say Bowe or Northcutt are your best options, but both offenses look pretty putrid in terms of passing. Another option you might want to think about is picking up the RB Wynn from GB. He had a good showing last week with 2 TDs, and it's being reported that he'll be seeing an increased role in the offense. With Jackson off to a shaky start it's a good bet that Wynn will get the majority of carries near the endzone.

Bowe was just recently made the starter, but looks to hold on to the job even when Kennison comes back. He should be a good redzone threat if the Chiefs ever get anywhere near the redzone.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #7
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I picked up Roydell, because some WR has to become the #1 in Tennessee. Right?
That same line of thinking had me picking up Eric Moulds before week 1. I should have known if the Texans cut him and it takes him so long to end up somewhere else, then he's just not a very good WR anymore.

He wasn't on the roster anymore when week 2 came.

I think Bowe's picking up steam right now. Hopefully he'll pay off by weeks 5-6 when none of my scorers will be playing
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2007   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Northcutt or James Jones, IMO. Bowe won't end up doing anything of note this year. Avant and Roydell Williams won't see the ball enough to have any real impact. Northcutt will get targeted consistently, and James Jones seems to be on the rise, and has a good WR opposite him to take double teams.
Old 09-20-2007   #9
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Northcutt or James Jones, IMO. Bowe won't end up doing anything of note this year. Avant and Roydell Williams won't see the ball enough to have any real impact. Northcutt will get targeted consistently, and James Jones seems to be on the rise, and has a good WR opposite him to take double teams.
My only issue with Jones is that Greg Jennings is coming back & Driver is still a favorite target of Brett. If I'm going to use a rookie WR it's definately going to be one who's going to see more snaps as a starter.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
My only issue with Jones is that Greg Jennings is coming back & Driver is still a favorite target of Brett. If I'm going to use a rookie WR it's definately going to be one who's going to see more snaps as a starter.
Well, I didn't say any of the five were good options, LOL.
Old 09-20-2007   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Id go with Roydell
Old 09-21-2007   #12
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Avant. I think he has a good chance of getting in the endzone.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #13
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd go Bowe because they'll be playing from behind and throwing a lot of passes late. I don't like Northcutt because the Jags run the ball SO much, and they don't figure to be too far behind against Denver who also runs the ball a ton.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read