Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Colts/Titans ratings in Austin

DiehardChris

You betcha!
Sigh. Austin just can't remove itself from VY's jock. Sunday's Colts/Titans game was the highest rated Titans game (not involving the Texans) since VY was drafted. 80,000 households.

David Barron's blog on Chron.com It's in the comments section in bold.

I'm very, very interested to see how Colts/Texans does this Sunday. If you need me, I'll be driving the Texans Bandwagon around Austin. Though I'm not sure yet if I'll be stopping to make pickups - or if I'll be running some fairweather fans over.

stevn8r

Zombie
There was no other game to watch unfortunatly.

We need to have a good showing this week! this is going to be the game of the week!
GO TEXANS!!!!!:fans:

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
That's deceiving because there was no early FOX game. CBS had the double header and the Cowboys held the 3PM slot on FOX. So basically, it was the Titans and Colts or something other than football.

BTW, all my VY jock sniffing buddies around here are all talking about the Texans now. Titan fever will cool in Austin if the Texans keep winning.

Rasputin

Mystic
Actually, with being the only NFL game on at the time, that rating should be pretty disappointing to KEYE. Should have had 100,000+

ATRAIN

ATX TEXANS FAN
As much as I love what Vince did for us at UT, when is the madden curse going to kick in? LOL

hookinreds

Veteran
That was the reasoning for my post the other night...make that early morning. Titans can have great ratings when the schedule is in their favor. Having no game and/or not the Cowboys to go up against is great for VY fans and KEYE.

I felt like looking at the 2006 schedule and comparing it to what KEYE broadcast and the projected KEYE schedule. I just can’t believe that they are the “good guy” that they claimed to be. Turns out the NFL schedule was their best friend last year and allowed them to create this beast without much repercussion. Reason being is that there was little to no conflict for KEYE on picking between the Texans or the Titans for the first 12 games of the season. They showed the Texans 8 times in the first 12 weeks. There were only 3 true conflicts with the Titans during that stretch and KEYE chose to show the Texans 2 out of 3 of those conflicts (the other conflict was that the Texans v Cowboys, and even VY isn’t going to take the Cowboys off the TV). The first 8 games of the season, (including the Cowboy game) KEYE didn’t have to call the ball on whether to show the Texans or the Titans, the choice was made by the NFL when they created the schedule. By then we were 3-9 and basically Titans football in weeks 13,14,15,16, and 17 (14 was against the Texans).

Given that there are VY fans that are Texan fans and those that are also Cowboy fans and those that are just VY fans, VY is going to get viewers when there is a conflict with a Texans game but not when there is a Cowboy game (Austin is still more DAL than HOU), there are few “true” Titan fans that sold their self to The Devil a decade ago and can’t let go that will watch as well. Taking that into account, let’s look at what VY fan had to contend with last year. Let’s look at the scheduling conflicts that the VY fans had to work around. Should they watch the VY game or the DAL game? I’m going with the fact that VY followers are DAL fans as long as DAL isn’t playing at the same time, Texan fans as long as Texans aren’t at the same time. Problem is that VY had limited conflict with the Cowboys but matched up nearly week for week with the Texans schedule (albeit not necessarily on the same network).

VY conflicts with Texans 13 out of 17 weeks (2 of the 4 non conflicts were because of each teams BYE week the other 2 are because they play each other).
In contrast VY fan only had conflicts with the Cowboys in 3 of the 17 weeks, playing the Cowboys in week 4 doesn’t count.
That being said, if VY fan is also a Cowboy fan, they are obviously saying put the Titans game on instead of the Texans game, so they get two games they want to watch on those weeks. Being that Austin is a more of a Cowboy city than a Texan one, you can see how easily the numbers are in VY fans favor. What KEYE doesn’t realize is why, just that they are what they show on paper.

This season, KEYE only has to call the ball on 6 games where HOU and TN conflict, two of which have already gone to the Titans. One other game has the DAL playing NE on CBS which will be a conflict with HOU and TN, which I’m sure they will show DAL (Austin can’t be without a Cowboy game). Texans play two games against the NFC which will be on FOX, and one game on NFL network. That means that out of the 16 games that the Texans will play this year 13 have the opportunity to be televised on KEYE. KEYE has to call the ball on 7 of the 13. They have already chosen TN for the first 2, so that leaves 5 of the remaining 11 that are still in KEYE’s hands. The Cowboys play on CBS for week 6 and conflict with HOU and TN…they will pick DAL. So that makes 3 of the 7 that you can lock up as not being Texan games with the remaining 4 limbo games having HOU going in the same time slot TN in tow of the weeks (give those to HOU with KEYE knowing they will choose the TN games when they have the early games), and TN with 2 games early with HOU being the late game (chalk those up for TN).

If it works out this way…which doesn’t look to farfetched, KEYE will show 2 HOU games of the 6 where KEYE has to choose between HOU or TN…and then the 7th opportunity will go to DAL instead of HOU or TN.

VY conflicts with Texans 7 out of 17 weeks (2 of the 4 non conflicts were because of each teams BYE week the other 2 are because they play each other).
VY fan only has conflicts with the Cowboys in 4 of the 17 weeks. (15 possible weeks taking out the BYE weeks)
That being said, if VY fan is also a Cowboy fan, they are saying put the Titans game on instead of the Texans game, so they get two games they want to watch that week. Being that Austin is a more of a Cowboy city than a Texan one, you can see how easily the numbers are in VY fans favor.

Here’s a breakout of the schedule with “0” being a game KEYE didn’t have to pick; “-1” where there was a conflict and they picked TN “1” where they picked HOU in the conflict.

1 Titans (Texans on FOX; Cowboys not a conflict) 0
2 Texans (Titans were late; Dallas was night game) 0
3 No game (Texans on FOX; Titans not shown; Dallas was no conflict) 0
4 Texans (Titans played Dallas on FOX but game was a conflict) 0
5 Titans (Texans BYE; Titans played the Colts; Dallas no conflict) 0
6 Texans (Texans played Dallas; Titans conflict) Not going to miss a Dallas game in Austin 0
7 Texans (Titans BYE; Dallas was night game) 0
8 Texans/Titans (Dallas night game) 0
9 Texans (Titan conflict; Dallas conflict) 1
10 Titans (Texans conflict; Dallas no conflict) -1
11 Texans (Titans conflict; Dallas no conflict) 1
12 Texans (Titans and Dallas night games 0
13 Titans (Texans late game but not show; Titans played Colts; Dallas no conflict) -1
14 Texans/Titans (Dallas night game) 0
15 Titans (Texans conflict; Dallas night game) -1
16 Titans (Texans conflict; Dallas night game) -1
17 Titans (Texans conflict; Dallas conflict on Fox) -1

1 Titans (Texans conflic; Cowboys not a conflict) x -1
2 Titans (Texans conflic; Cowboys not a conflict) x -1
3 Texans (Titans played Dallas at night on another station, no conflict) 0
4 Texans (Titans BYE; Dallas on FOX but game was a conflict) 0
5 Texans (Titans on FOX conflict; Dallas on Mon not a conflict) 0
6 Cowboys (playing NE on CBS; conflict with Texans and Titans) x -1
7 Texans play Titans; Dallas conflict on FOX 0
8 Titans (Titans early; Texans late; Dallas BYE) x -1
9 Texans (Titans on FOX early; Texans late; Dallas night game 0
10 Titans (Texans BYE; Dallas not a conflict) 0
11 Cowboys (Texans playing NO on FOX conflict; Titans late 0
12 Texans Titans conflict on CBS; Dallas no conflict x 1
13 Texans play Titans; Dallas not a conflict 0
14 Cowboys (Texans playing TB on FOX conflict; Titans early) 0
15 Texans (NFL on Thur; Titans early; Dallas late 0
16 Titans (Titans early; Texans late; no conflict; Dallas no conflict) x -1
17 Texans Titans conflict on CBS; Dallas conflict on FOX x 1

stevn8r

Zombie
all I can say is WOW!!! you've done some thinking about this!
It pisses me off as well I am a season tix holder so I miss too many games when im here in A-town....This week though, I hope all 400 of the neilson boxes are on the Texans vs Colts game!

GO TEXANS!

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
That's deceiving because there was no early FOX game. CBS had the double header and the Cowboys held the 3PM slot on FOX. So basically, it was the Titans and Colts or something other than football.

BTW, all my VY jock sniffing buddies around here are all talking about the Texans now. Titan fever will cool in Austin if the Texans keep winning.

everyone knows I'm A Texan and everyone was congratulating me on the 2-0 start like i just had a child, there is is a buzz in the ATX and everyone will be watching this weekend. GO TEXANS!