Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2007   #1
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rick Smith at it again!

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Transactions.asp

Quote:
Released quarterback Jared Zabransky from the practice squad. Signed wide receiver Devin Aromashodu to the practice squad.
Mr. Aromashodu was a recent injury settlement with the Colts. He had been IR'ed after pulling a hammy. He was drafted in the 7th round of the 06 draft by the Dolphins. Played his college ball at Auburn. He's 6'2" and 200 lbs. Joins Okoye and Kalu in the growing Nigerian born Texans club.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: Rick Smith at it again!

I wish we had of released a different player, but someone with knowledge of the Colts playbook is nice.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Rick Smith is God.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #4
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

I just have to giggle with glee whenever Rick makes moves because they seem to pan out. With Casserly, my giggles were the type a person in a looney bin would make cause he drove me crazy.

I do hate to see Z go. He didn't show much in preseason, but you just had to pull for the guy. Maybe he can go somewhere were he actually has a chance to play. Sage is an extremely solid #2 and I didn't see Z beating him out anytime soon.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #5
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

So who's our third QB now?
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #6
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Probably Daniels.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If we get into a problem, we can probably re-sign Zabransky or Quinton Porter.

Let me just say that I am the founding member of the Anybody But Van Pelt club just in case he rears his ugly head again.

But our in-game emergency QB is probably Owen Daniels.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2007   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 87466 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Position: WR
Class: Sr
School: Auburn
Conference: Southeastern
Ht., Wt.: 6-2.5, 201
40 Time: 4.38
Selected by: Miami Dolphins
Round 7, pick 25 (233 overall)
Grading System

BIO: Two-year starter who totaled 26/494/4 as a senior after junior numbers of 24/513/4.

POSITIVES: Explosive receiver with an unpolished game. Quickly releases off the line, sharp running routes and gets separation from opponents. Comes back to the ball using his frame to protect the pass and adjusts to the errant throw. Possesses a burst of speed, playing faster than his 40 time and beating opponents in a foot race.

NEGATIVES: Constantly lets the pass get inside him and body catches. Lacks a sense of timing and anticipation. Rarely catches the ball cleanly and drops too many passes.

ANALYSIS: A solid athlete who can stretch the field, Aromashodu projects as a third receiver for a vertical offense. Needs to fine-tune his game and work harder to reach the level of expectation NFL scouts have for him.

PROJECTION: Late Seventh Round
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...yers/2494.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44115 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I beleive we're back to the classic two QB system Kubiak & Smith employ

seems each week he picks a former player of the team they are about to play off waivers

Texans fans your not going to believe this but he was graded out talent wise according to NFL Draft Scout as a 2nd-3rd pick but to probably slide to 2nd day based on work ethic & intangilbles. Aromashodu has Jerome Mathis speed 4.35. I would not be surprised to see him switch roles since Jerome knows the Texans scheme already & split return duties while Jerome focuses on his route running with the 2nd team offense. might also be an indication that Andres injury is more severe than thought & could be out 3-4 weeks (specualtion on my part). regardless a move made by Rick Smith that addresses need @ a critical time. I tell you what while other GM's are standing still he is doing circles around the entire league- don't look now Indy theres a new sheriff in town

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #10
whiskeyrbl

Rick Smith is Heaven sent
Old 09-18-2007   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

He's another with a track history as well as basketball and football. He's also a kick returner.............a speedster that runs a 40 of 4.4.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #12
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't look too much into this pickup. I think it is only due to Davis being actived for this game. They needed to fill a practice squad spot and they replaced that need with another WR. Having prior insight to how the Colts offense runs is just an added benefit.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
I wouldn't look too much into this pickup. I think it is only due to Davis being actived for this game. They needed to fill a practice squad spot and they replaced that need with another WR. Having prior insight to how the Colts offense runs is just an added benefit.

Is Killings being moved back to the PS?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #14
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Is Killings being moved back to the PS?
I think that depends on what happens with TJ. If his ankle or foot is healthy then he would be activated and Killings would go back to the PS.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

1) This signing actually kind of excites me. I'd like to see us develop him a little more and hopefully he can produce for us.

2) I really have no feelings for Zabransky, no offense to him or anybody who likes him a lot. I thought he had a 'must win' attitude but never saw him giving the texans anything on the field. I wanted us to develop him and try and trade him to some team for a draft pick.

3) This WR was drafted in the 7th round of the 2006 draft? I don't see that he has an intimate knowledge of the colts playbook that will help us out too much.

Von Hutchins was a DB for the colts, he can probably help us out more than this new wr.

Go Rick Smith, yayuuhh!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #16
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Z-man played with gusto, but not very well IMO. Porter seemed much more polished and would likely be the guy we sign if there ever arises a need. Sure hope that need stays away.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree. In all likelihood, he'll probably just be another guy on the roster.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #18
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think that depends on what happens with TJ. If his ankle or foot is healthy then he would be activated and Killings would go back to the PS.
Killings wasn't on the practice squad. He was an outright release and then resigned when Travis was hurting. Dreessen was released at that time.

Andre Davis is on the active roster, not on the practice squad either. He'll be active this week if Andre can't go, but it has nothing to do with the ps.
Old 09-19-2007   #19
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm curious as to why Mr. Smith wouldn't go back and get one of the guys that have been through camp to fill that spot. Did someone pick up Bethel or David Anderson? If it were as simple as just filling a roster spot for the practice squad then I think he would have grabbed one of them. I thought Bethel Johnson looked pretty good in camp. At least good enough to be on a practice squad. I guess he's inelligible. Obviously Keenan wouldn't fit there. As I"m typing this I think I'm answering my own question.

go Ricky go!
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #20
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

That makes a total of 4 Nigerians on the Texans, now. Who is next, Hakeem Olajuwon?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read