Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-18-2007   #1
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Leftwich signs with Atlanta

per www.kffl.com/hotw/

Quote:
Falcons | Leftwich agrees to terms
Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:00:16 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Atlanta Falcons have agreed to terms with unrestricted free-agent QB Byron Leftwich (Jaguars) on a two-year deal that could be worth up to $7 million, according to sources. Leftwich will likely be given the opportunity to compete for the starting job.
I just hope they don't expect Leftwich to solve thier sack issues.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #2
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 7167 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Leftwich signs with Atlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
per www.kffl.com/hotw/

I just hope they don't expect Leftwich to solve thier sack issues.
Yup. I know that our front four are excited for the Sunday after next.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #3
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

This is a new Falcons team that we will see come Sunday....

They will have the pride in knowing that there will little waste at the end of every team luncheon.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 26880 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

byron leftwich just called me. he wanted to know if i knew of any cracker barrels around atlanta.
Old 09-18-2007   #5
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

I hear he got a mall security job at one of the local malls as well ... wait I think that was someone else.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #6
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I hear he got a mall security job at one of the local malls as well ... wait I think that was someone else.
Oh, that's hilarious. GC references are always $.

Gotta hand it to Atlanta. They sure know how to manage that QB position.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #7
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Breaking News...

Falcons | Team lobbying for a new ball
Tue, 18 Sep 2007 11:35:10 -0700

The Atlanta Falcons are lobbying to have the ball switched to a bottle of Xenedrin when the Falcons offense takes the field. Unrestricted free-agent QB Byron Leftwich (Jaguars) will not be in the know on this matter until the first snap of Sundays game where he is expected to see the weight loss suplement and immediately throw it hard toward the end zone, according to a source. If the NFL does not approve of the change in game ball then they are expected to make an attempt at moving Leftwich to defensive tackle, arming the linebackers with Snicker's bars to hurl at the opposing quarterback.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2007   #8
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

I prefer going against Harrington than Leftwich.
gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #9
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 26880 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmac2 View Post
me too.
Old 09-18-2007   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

He's not that bad.

I'm not a big fan but I respect him. I remember the game he played in college where his lineman were carrying him to the line of scrimmage because he was hurt.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm happy he has overcome his struggles since his days on Different Strokes. Here is a good picture when Arnold got to meet Billy Zabka....ahhhh...Chad Pennington

Old 09-18-2007   #12
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Leftwich signs with Atlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmac2 View Post
Really? I think we're fine if AJ needs to sit another week with Lefty in there. He's one of the few guys we own.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I getta make my first start in a week and a half against the Texans??

Old 09-18-2007   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

How soon would we expect to see him out there? I mean, he missed all of TC/preseason

I would much rather face Joey than Byron, personally
Old 09-18-2007   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Given our track record against Sandwich, it wouldn't bother me - whoever started.
Old 09-18-2007   #16
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

There might be a nice familiarity factor if Manwich started. The Texans D certainly hasn't been scared of him in the past. But I doubt he's starting by then, if at all.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

We need our photo choppers experts (TD & Diapher), to fix all the Gary Coleman.. errrrrrrrrrrrr Byron Sandwich pictures to a Falcons uni now...

Old 09-18-2007   #18
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
We need our photo choppers experts (TD & Diapher), to fix all the Gary Coleman.. errrrrrrrrrrrr Byron Sandwich pictures to a Falcons uni now...

I know. My pic above was the only good one I could find of Heftwich making a goofy face and I loved it with Pennington.
Old 09-18-2007   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I'm happy he has overcome his struggles since his days on Different Strokes. Here is a good picture when Arnold got to meet Billy Zabka....ahhhh...Chad Pennington

We are Marshall?? Doesn't have the same ring to it...
Old 09-18-2007   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I know. My pic above was the only good one I could find of Heftwich making a goofy face and I loved it with Pennington.
Oh shoot, there are a lot of pics with a goofy look on his face. He's a googler's dream for images.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read