Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-18-2007   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default David Carr the best thing for the Texans?

this past week was satisfying beyond anyones wildest dreams & we have david carr to thank. all the negative pub, the unleashing of pent up anger & frustration released, don't we all feel a whole lot better now? thanks david

if not for David Carr the Texans would not have still been selecting 1st overall 5 years latter, hence no Mario Williams. thanks david

if not for David Carr Andre Johnson would have already been injured as teams looked for ways to knock him out of the game, as it was they were happy to leave him in double coverage with little consequence towards the outcome of the game. thanks david

if not for David Carr Matt Schaub would be the starting QB for the Atlanta Falcons. he would not be a Texan tearing holes in defenses like an opener on a can of tuna. thanks david

if not for David Carr the braintrust of Kubiak/Smith would not have focused extra emphasis on the offensive line to insure the QB is protected in a scheme that releases the ball in 1001, 1002, 1003, thanks david

so the next time y'all go bashing david carr stop yourself & think about how the Texans got to here & why? you'll be pleasently surprised

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #2
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: David Carr the best thing for the Texans?

I don't care what anyone says. I still like David Carr. He's class act who became the gun-shy scapegoat for a lacklustre offensive line, a mediocre coach and a pathetic GM. Quit bashing the guy already he's moved on. BTW...how do you start a thread? I've been here for a year and still don't know how to start a thread.
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

David took a lot for this team. People do need to give him some respect.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
BTW...how do you start a thread? I've been here for a year and still don't know how to start a thread.
Top left of the forum is a New Thread button.
Old 09-18-2007   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't care what anyone says. I still like David Carr. He's class act who became the gun-shy scapegoat for a lacklustre offensive line, a mediocre coach and a pathetic GM. Quit bashing the guy already he's moved on. BTW...how do you start a thread? I've been here for a year and still don't know how to start a thread.
DH.. where ya been man?? Japan??

By the way - go into whatever forum you want to start the new thread in and look at the top left corner. It kinda looks like a Texas Flag, but says "New Thread"
Old 09-18-2007   #6
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68452 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
....BTW...how do you start a thread? I've been here for a year and still don't know how to start a thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

By the way - go into whatever forum you want to start the new thread in and look at the top left corner. It kinda looks like a Texas Flag, but says "New Thread"

Old 09-18-2007   #7
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

...the small buxom Japanese one and I are currently estranged. We may work out our differences...we may not. She hit me with more drama than Julliard.
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2007   #8
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
I'm clickin that button you posted but it aint workin

Old 09-18-2007   #9
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
BTW...how do you start a thread? I've been here for a year and still don't know how to start a thread.
You sound like Carr reading defenses!

You are priceless.

I hope you hang around because I am sure I will find it very amusing.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can see a Second Honeymoon rant coming real soon.
Old 09-18-2007   #11
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I can see a Second Honeymoon rant coming real soon.
In 5...4...3...2...
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #12
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post

LOL

Yep, he took our time, money and dreams for 5 long years.

Good Riddance.

I believe this is the site you and Dread are looking for:
http://www.panthers.com/home/
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Respect? For what? He got paid. That's all that matters to him, the money, but not gaining our respect. I doubt he gives a rat's behind what Houston fans think of him.

He took a lot from this team, too. If he can admit now that he didn't want to be here, then why sign an $8 million extension? He openly admits that he stopped having fun years ago. So it's not love of the game, not be a champion or lead a new franchise to a winning season. It's about the money.

It was never his fault that he failed. Never once did he accept full responsibility for his play. And guess what? It's now obvious that it wasn't the line's fault, either. So it's nobody's fault that he's the Happy Backup.

iiwii.

Respect is earned, IMO. As a human being, I afford him the respect that I give any good person.

But as a football player, we owe him nothing, the least of all our respect.
Old 09-18-2007   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Respect? For what? He got paid. That's all that matters to him, the money, but not gaining our respect. I doubt he gives a rat's behind what Houston fans think of him.

He took a lot from this team, too. If he can admit now that he didn't want to be here, then why sign an $8 million extension? He openly admits that he stopped having fun years ago. So it's not love of the game, not be a champion or lead a new franchise to a winning season. It's about the money.

It was never his fault that he failed. Never once did he accept full responsibility for his play. And guess what? It's now obvious that it wasn't the line's fault, either. So it's nobody's fault that he's the Happy Backup.

iiwii.

Respect is earned, IMO. As a human being, I afford him the respect that I give any good person.

I'm going to 2nd this.

By the way, what does iiwii mean?
Old 09-18-2007   #15
bpe3
Veteran

Rep Power: 352 bpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Respect David Carr??? Never. Stop blaming his shortcomings on the rest of the team. He had five years to show EVEN A FLASH of brilliance and he showed us NOTHING. Good riddance. Take your millions and get lost, Carr. Don't let the gates of Reliant Park hit you on the way out.

If anyone needs a primer on how David Carr can turn an EASY Texans first down into a six point score by the Raiders defense, click here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMd3FdudDH0

bpe3
bpe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
By the way, what does iiwii mean?
It is what it is.
Old 09-18-2007   #17
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

iiwii = it is what it is. In this case, Carr is who he is, and it's nobody's fault.

My 2c on Carr. He is exactly where he deserves to be. A backup. He played his way there. Every team in the NFL had a chance to sign him and make him a starter. None did so, so that shows you how the NFL percieves his talent. He wasn't THE problem with Houston, obviously. The defense has completely remade itself, particularly up front, and Green is a far better option than Carr had the last few years when he was REALLY bad. Carr is simply not a good quarterback though, and apparently there's not a team in the NFL that would argue.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #18
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 39634 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
iiwii = it is what it is. In this case, Carr is who he is, and it's nobody's fault.

My 2c on Carr. He is exactly where he deserves to be. A backup. He played his way there. Every team in the NFL had a chance to sign him and make him a starter. None did so, so that shows you how the NFL percieves his talent. He wasn't THE problem with Houston, obviously. The defense has completely remade itself, particularly up front, and Green is a far better option than Carr had the last few years when he was REALLY bad. Carr is simply not a good quarterback though, and apparently there's not a team in the NFL that would argue.

IMO, I think Carr's problem is that under pressure, he just couldn't see the field and make a determination of what to do under pressure. In college, you play against comparative players on average, with the occasional exception regarding NFL caliber players. In the NFL, you're playing against the college's 'cream of the crop'. The level of play is stepped up dramatically, and the transition needed to make those judgment calls is ramped up dramatically. I don't think he had it in him to play at this level.

Again, all this is of my opinion...
Old 09-18-2007   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
It is what it is.
Ah, thanks
Old 09-18-2007   #20
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BCarrFree View Post
LOL

Yep, he took our time, money and dreams for 5 long years.

Good Riddance.

I believe this is the site you and Dread are looking for:
http://www.panthers.com/home/
I love the Texans. If David was not the fit, then he wasn't the fit. Do not ever attempt to make me look like the kind of person who would bail on my team because of one player. EVER.

Quote:

iiwii.

Whatever, DB. I think you have been drinking in the anti-Carr sentiment a bit too much for your own good. I am not defending him in saying that he was a good player, but I am saying that he was a Texan, nonetheless. I don't think he was "doing it just for money", considering the whipping he took. Sure, last year could have been about money, but not the first few years. The fact is we DID have a dismal Offensive line, and he DID get his a** handed to him.

David Carr is the product of this franchise, just like the franchise was a product of him. We have moved on now, and that is what is important. You don't see me lurking around Carr threads defending him anymore (with this one being a rare exception).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read