Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2007   #1
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default John Fox on NFLN last night

Did anyone else catch the segment where John Fox commented on the game? He said we executed better than they did for 60 minutes. What got me to smiling was when he said that the Panthers weren't that bad on run defense after he went back and looked at the tape - we just executed better. So, a.) He didn't try and make excuses - props to him, and b.) we won in the running game with our game plan, not because of mistakes on their part.

I've been looking for a video clip or article to get the exact quote, but no luck so far.
Old 09-18-2007   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: John Fox on NFLN last night

I still thought Jake Delhomme downplayed our talent at his press conference. I watched it on tv, but it seemed like he said that there was no pressure on defense whatsoever.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I still thought Jake Delhomme downplayed our talent at his press conference. I watched it on tv, but it seemed like he said that there was no pressure on defense whatsoever.
Jake needs to take some speech lessons.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #4
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

First it was LJ, now its Jake.

I hope we add another player to the list of whiners on Sunday.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #5
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
First it was LJ, now its Jake.

I hope we add another player to the list of whiners on Sunday.

Right, someone named Peyton.
Old 09-18-2007   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Those sacks hurt him so bad he forgot about them ?
Old 09-18-2007   #7
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Right, someone named Peyton.
Peyton is not a whinner, he's got to much class. You will never hear him put down an oppossing team, not even the Patriots. If he did not play in our division, I woud actually root for the guy.
gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2007   #8
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yea he wasn't giving us much credit, but I also got the feeling he wanted to call some of his own people out but was fighting it. Especially when asked about Steve Smith's play when he broke all the tackles. He basically said he wished some of the other guys played with as much passion as Steve.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #9
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmac2 View Post
Peyton is not a whinner, he's got to much class. You will never hear him put down an oppossing team, not even the Patriots. If he did not play in our division, I woud actually root for the guy.
except when he throws his oline under the bus when they "have protection problems"
Old 09-18-2007   #10
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730 View Post
except when he throws his oline under the bus when they "have protection problems"
you beat me to it.
Old 09-18-2007   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
accountability is a beach....leaders are going to piss a few guys off. Strong people have to tell the others how it is sometimes....Sometimes you just gotta to tell them how the cow ate the cabbage. I'd rather have that than everyone pretending nothing is wrong like we did here for half a decade.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #12
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Noblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNoblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
accountability is a beach....leaders are going to piss a few guys off. Strong people have to tell the others how it is sometimes....Sometimes you just gotta to tell them how the cow ate the cabbage. I'd rather have that than everyone pretending nothing is wrong like we did here for half a decade.
I remember it being a big deal that he called them out at the time. There was a question of how they'd block for him after that.

The next season they won the Super Bowl.

Sometimes a leader can't say the popular things.
Old 09-18-2007   #13
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblesse Oblige View Post
I remember it being a big deal that he called them out at the time. There was a question of how they'd block for him after that.

The next season they won the Super Bowl.

Sometimes a leader can't say the popular things.
Well here's hoping the "protection problems" return this Sunday.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #14
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to defend Delhomme but he is a good ole Boy from the swamps of Louisiana. I though he was pointing out the Texans did not do anyting special and did not bring extra pressure from Safties etc to stop the Panthers. I could have misunderstood but he seemed perplexed in the press conference as to how our front four took control and stopped both the run and pass. I think Jake was buying into all the hype they heard after week one about having a stout o-line and was surprised how our young guys whipped their tails!

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 352717 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just to agree with HTownSportsFan, I think Jake was saying that we weren't blitzing.

Because...

Well...

We were getting pressure without "bringing" pressure.

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I agree with the other posters. Peyton was being nice when he said that, not throwing his teammates under the bus. Those guys sucked when they played Pittsburgh that day(I think it was Pitts, might have been Denver).

He wanted to say, "Well if those fat b@$%rds would hold a block for half a go@#%mn second, we wouldn't have lost that F@$#% game now would we??"

But he didn't. He said they had protection issues.

I hate that he's in our division, but it's hard to hate a player like Peyton. He's one of the greatest of all times, and we should enjoy being able to watch him play.

Now I do hope that we'll whup his Arse twice a year, and I enjoyed watching him pout of the field last December.

Old 09-18-2007   #17
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree with the other posters. Peyton was being nice when he said that, not throwing his teammates under the bus. Those guys sucked when they played Pittsburgh that day(I think it was Pitts, might have been Denver).

He wanted to say, "Well if those fat b@$%rds would hold a block for half a go@#%mn second, we wouldn't have lost that F@$#% game now would we??"

But he didn't. He said they had protection issues.

I hate that he's in our division, but it's hard to hate a player like Peyton. He's one of the greatest of all times, and we should enjoy being able to watch him play.

Now I do hope that we'll whup his Arse twice a year, and I enjoyed watching him pout of the field last December.

Manning had trouble that day because of poor gameplanning by the Colts and an execellent defensive scheme peformed with perfection by the Steelers.

The offensive line can only play the play they are told. If they are bad plays, they can't turn vinegar into wine.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
Manning had trouble that day because of poor gameplanning by the Colts and an execellent defensive scheme peformed with perfection by the Steelers.

The offensive line can only play the play they are told. If they are bad plays, they can't turn vinegar into wine.
What was I thinking?? Silly of me to expect an Offense to make line calls, and pick up a blitz.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read