Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Getting a lot of press lately..

hobie

All Pro
Seems that alot of people are writing about the Texans as of late, and most of it is really good. This quote is taken from Gregg Easterbrook on the Page 2 section of ESPN.com.

"And in other football news, I don't wish to alarm anyone – but next week's Indianapolis at Houston matchup is a monster contest!"

Hey now ......

4Texans

Veteran
Seems that alot of people are writing about the Texans as of late, and most of it is really good. This quote is taken from Gregg Easterbrook on the Page 2 section of ESPN.com.

"And in other football news, I don't wish to alarm anyone – but next week's Indianapolis at Houston matchup is a monster contest!"

Hey now ......
They should make it the Prime Time game!

Pantherstang84

@rolisrgti06
I'll bet a dollar NBC wishes the flex schedule was in effect this week. You know they would love to have this game for the night game.

barberman

Practice Squad
I think NBC will show the Texans in Prime Time before the year is over. The second game against Indy or Tennesse would work real nice.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
I think NBC will show the Texans in Prime Time before the year is over. The second game against Indy or Tennesse would work real nice.
On First Take this morning they were interviewing Brees and it said Texans Meet Saints on MNF. And I'm like... wow, they moved the game to MNF already?!?

Then I realized, someone in their graphics department had screwed up and typed in Texans instead of Titans.

BASTARDS!!!!

Specnatz

Hall of Fame
On First Take this morning they were interviewing Brees and it said Texans Meet Saints on MNF. And I'm like... wow, they moved the game to MNF already?!?

Then I realized, someone in their graphics department had screwed up and typed in Texans instead of Titans.

BASTARDS!!!!
D'oh. That is funny.

Yvette

Waterboy
So if you're a member of the Saints, the Rams, the Chiefs, the Bengals' defensive unit or the Chargers' offensive unit, you might want to avoid the Nation for a while. If you play quarterback in Minnesota, Miami or New York state (for any of its three teams), you might want to skip AM radio for a while. If you're a Raider, you might want to avoid all media at all times.

If you're a Browns or a Buccaneers or a Bears fan, it's safe to come back out now.

And, yes, if you frequent this special place on Sundays … well, yes, it's OK to hop on Orbitz and book a flight to Phoenix.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=kjackson/070919&sportCat=nfl
Nice job you guys :cool:

Insideop

All Pro

Hey now ......
I don't mind getting the good press, and I sure like hearing all those "talking heads" doing an about face and giving our team, coaches and FO some credit for once. But, I still think most of them don't know what they're talking about. They just like jumping on "the bandwagon" and saying things like "I knew they would be great all along." Michael Smith is about the only one I remember that said good things about the Texans and that we were making the right moves to build this team. He's probably the only one that did any real research on the team. Most of the others, IMO, are mindless "talking heads." JMHO! :texflag:

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
I don't mind getting the good press, and I sure like hearing all those "talking heads" doing an about face and giving our team, coaches and FO some credit for once. But, I still think most of them don't know what they're talking about. They just like jumping on "the bandwagon" and saying things like "I knew they would be great all along." Michael Smith is about the only one I remember that said good things about the Texans and that we were making the right moves to build this team. He's probably the only one that did any real research on the team. Most of the others, IMO, are mindless "talking heads." JMHO! :texflag:
Before the preseason started, Brian Baldinger and Jamie Dukes were already on the bandwagon. Baldinger did a nice piece breaking down Carr's mistakes and showing why Schaub was going to be a good fit for what Kubiak was doing. Jaworski and Ditka were also pretty quick to climb on board.

Dan B.

Hall of Fame
MightyTex:

Did ya see what they said about Carolina?

17. Carolina Panthers (1-1): Losing to the Texans at home is like getting punched out by a dwarf. (Unfortunately, we can relate.)

Screw these guys. They called Okoye a bust after maybe 2 preseason games. The bandwagon can't support their fat heads.

Bear

Practice Squad
Kevin Jackson actually mentioned this site (yes, TexansTalk.com) at the bottom of his article.

Link

And, yes, if you frequent this special place on Sundays … well, yes, it's OK to hop on Orbitz and book a flight to Phoenix.
edited to add: oops, just noticed it was posted earlier.

TexanExile

A New Hope
Kevin Jackson actually mentioned this site (yes, TexansTalk.com) at the bottom of his article.

Link

edited to add: oops, just noticed it was posted earlier.
Double-oops. I just posted that as a separate thread! Mods, please feel free to dump that one.

threetoedpete

Hall of Fame
Didn't want to start a new thread with this but the Texans will be featured on a segment of Playbook at 7 PM on NFLN. The hook is "how do the Texans beat the Colts. "

Malloy

Hall of Fame
Hey, I already have to wait until 7PM for noon games. I was excited about the almost complete noon schedule.
Haha, I feel the same way. Noon games start at 7pm, then one again at 10, then 1-2am. Monday night is a killer for me...

Grams

Veteran
Wish I had a repeat button on my XM radio yesterday afternoon.
Driving from San Antonio to Austin and on Fox 6 PM show - Eric Cacilleus (sp) (don't ususally get to listen to him) had a caller that wanted him to do a power ranking of the top 5 teams.

They were the Patriots, the Colts, then the Texans.

Not sure who the rest were as I was too busy trying to keep the truck on the road after actually being shocked by the media.

TD

Super Bowl Mascot
Wish I had a repeat button on my XM radio yesterday afternoon.
Driving from San Antonio to Austin and on Fox 6 PM show - Eric Cacilleus (sp) (don't ususally get to listen to him) had a caller that wanted him to do a power ranking of the top 5 teams.

They were the Patriots, the Colts, then the Texans.

Not sure who the rest were as I was too busy trying to keep the truck on the road after actually being shocked by the media.
You sure it wasn't on The Pulse with Doug Gottlieb? (comes on at 7 EST) I heard him rank the top five teams in the AFC last night and he said Pats, Colts, TEXANS.... and then to be honest, I was so shocked I didn't hear the rest.

Pantherstang84

@rolisrgti06
You sure it wasn't on The Pulse with Doug Gottlieb? (comes on at 7 EST) I heard him rank the top five teams in the AFC last night and he said Pats, Colts, TEXANS.... and then to be honest, I was so shocked I didn't hear the rest.
It does seem that the Texans are the flavor of the week. They just need to keep the intensity up for the next 15 weeks and who knows what happens then. All of the media love has been nice this week.

I wonder how long it will last?

hdbn

Practice Squad
Did anybody else hear Cowherd pick the Texans over the Colts in his picks for the week. Thinks this game will be an upset.