Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2007   #1
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Getting a lot of press lately..

Seems that alot of people are writing about the Texans as of late, and most of it is really good. This quote is taken from Gregg Easterbrook on the Page 2 section of ESPN.com.

"And in other football news, I don't wish to alarm anyone but next week's Indianapolis at Houston matchup is a monster contest!"

Hey now ......
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #2
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Getting alot of press lately..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Seems that alot of people are writing about the Texans as of late, and most of it is really good. This quote is taken from Gregg Easterbrook on the Page 2 section of ESPN.com.

"And in other football news, I don't wish to alarm anyone but next week's Indianapolis at Houston matchup is a monster contest!"

Hey now ......
They should make it the Prime Time game!
Old 09-18-2007   #3
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

I'll bet a dollar NBC wishes the flex schedule was in effect this week. You know they would love to have this game for the night game.

Last edited by Pantherstang84; 09-18-2007 at 12:29 PM.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #4
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, I already have to wait until 7PM for noon games. I was excited about the almost complete noon schedule.
Old 09-18-2007   #5
barberman
Rookie

I think NBC will show the Texans in Prime Time before the year is over. The second game against Indy or Tennesse would work real nice.
barberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barberman View Post
I think NBC will show the Texans in Prime Time before the year is over. The second game against Indy or Tennesse would work real nice.
On First Take this morning they were interviewing Brees and it said Texans Meet Saints on MNF. And I'm like... wow, they moved the game to MNF already?!?

Then I realized, someone in their graphics department had screwed up and typed in Texans instead of Titans.

BASTARDS!!!!
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
On First Take this morning they were interviewing Brees and it said Texans Meet Saints on MNF. And I'm like... wow, they moved the game to MNF already?!?

Then I realized, someone in their graphics department had screwed up and typed in Texans instead of Titans.

BASTARDS!!!!
D'oh. That is funny.
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2007   #8
Yvette
Veteran

Rep Power: 20041 Yvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So if you're a member of the Saints, the Rams, the Chiefs, the Bengals' defensive unit or the Chargers' offensive unit, you might want to avoid the Nation for a while. If you play quarterback in Minnesota, Miami or New York state (for any of its three teams), you might want to skip AM radio for a while. If you're a Raider, you might want to avoid all media at all times.

If you're a Browns or a Buccaneers or a Bears fan, it's safe to come back out now.

And, yes, if you frequent this special place on Sundays well, yes, it's OK to hop on Orbitz and book a flight to Phoenix.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...9&sportCat=nfl
Nice job you guys
Old 09-19-2007   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
I'll bet a dollar NBC wishes the flex schedule was in effect this week. You know they would love to have this game for the night game.
nah, Dallas/Chicago is a much larger audience draw.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #10
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31401 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

TT made the pinnacle of sports reporting

We are famous

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #11
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.profootballtalk.com/WeekTwoPowerRankings.htm

2. Indianapolis Colts (2-0): If they thought the Titans were a challenge, wait 'til they get a load of the Texans.

9. Houston Texans (2-0): Former G.M. Charley Casserly's best personnel move ever was to resign.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #12
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post

Hey now ......
I don't mind getting the good press, and I sure like hearing all those "talking heads" doing an about face and giving our team, coaches and FO some credit for once. But, I still think most of them don't know what they're talking about. They just like jumping on "the bandwagon" and saying things like "I knew they would be great all along." Michael Smith is about the only one I remember that said good things about the Texans and that we were making the right moves to build this team. He's probably the only one that did any real research on the team. Most of the others, IMO, are mindless "talking heads." JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I don't mind getting the good press, and I sure like hearing all those "talking heads" doing an about face and giving our team, coaches and FO some credit for once. But, I still think most of them don't know what they're talking about. They just like jumping on "the bandwagon" and saying things like "I knew they would be great all along." Michael Smith is about the only one I remember that said good things about the Texans and that we were making the right moves to build this team. He's probably the only one that did any real research on the team. Most of the others, IMO, are mindless "talking heads." JMHO!
Before the preseason started, Brian Baldinger and Jamie Dukes were already on the bandwagon. Baldinger did a nice piece breaking down Carr's mistakes and showing why Schaub was going to be a good fit for what Kubiak was doing. Jaworski and Ditka were also pretty quick to climb on board.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #14
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

MightyTex:

Did ya see what they said about Carolina?

17. Carolina Panthers (1-1): Losing to the Texans at home is like getting punched out by a dwarf. (Unfortunately, we can relate.)

Screw these guys. They called Okoye a bust after maybe 2 preseason games. The bandwagon can't support their fat heads.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #15
Bear
Rookie

Kevin Jackson actually mentioned this site (yes, TexansTalk.com) at the bottom of his article.

Link

Quote:
And, yes, if you frequent this special place on Sundays … well, yes, it's OK to hop on Orbitz and book a flight to Phoenix.
edited to add: oops, just noticed it was posted earlier.
Old 09-19-2007   #16
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
Nice job you guys
That's pretty freakin' cool. I wonder if he heard about the site, or just searched at a random Texans site.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #17
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
Kevin Jackson actually mentioned this site (yes, TexansTalk.com) at the bottom of his article.

Link

edited to add: oops, just noticed it was posted earlier.
Double-oops. I just posted that as a separate thread! Mods, please feel free to dump that one.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #18
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans on NFLN tonight :Playbook

Didn't want to start a new thread with this but the Texans will be featured on a segment of Playbook at 7 PM on NFLN. The hook is "how do the Texans beat the Colts. "
Old 09-20-2007   #19
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
Hey, I already have to wait until 7PM for noon games. I was excited about the almost complete noon schedule.
Haha, I feel the same way. Noon games start at 7pm, then one again at 10, then 1-2am. Monday night is a killer for me...
Old 09-20-2007   #20
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Wish I had a repeat button on my XM radio yesterday afternoon.
Driving from San Antonio to Austin and on Fox 6 PM show - Eric Cacilleus (sp) (don't ususally get to listen to him) had a caller that wanted him to do a power ranking of the top 5 teams.

They were the Patriots, the Colts, then the Texans.

Not sure who the rest were as I was too busy trying to keep the truck on the road after actually being shocked by the media.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read