Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2007   #1
shawn76ers
Texan Genius

Default last yr vs colts- a note

i was watching parts of that game last yr, when we beat the colts - and it clearly shows Peyton picking on Faggins over & over again...M. Harrison had 2 TD's against him.

I hope our game plan changes this time around, we can not leave Petey matched up against Harrison. He can probably match up with Wayne or moorehead.

Is there any talk of us moving fletcher into the starting position?
shawn76ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: last yr vs colts- a note

I don't necessarily disagree, but I do think Faggins is better this year. He needed to get 100% healthy.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #3
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Okay take Faggins off Harrison...then Wayne is on his side... pick your poison against this WR core.

The obly way to beat them is to have two solid corners (Like Denver), Have great safety play that will help the corners, or have a Dline to pressure the QB.

Lucky we have a Dline, we know we have a solid corner in Dunta, and we are going to need our safeties to step up big time on Sunday. Even if our Dline sleeps back there, Peyton releases the ball quick.

Boulware, Demps, Hutchins, Brown...you guys better get your rest.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #4
shawn76ers
Texan Genius

i would love to see Fred Bennet go up against Wayne or Harrison...I'm just not to sure the coaches are confident enough in him, just yet

shawn76ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #5
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

This game is why we've drafted the way we've drafted the last few years. If you give Manning time in the pocket, he'll eat you alive regardless of who you have in the secondary. The pressure we generate up front and our ability to impose our will on offense will determine the outcome of this game. Having a secondary that swarms and make some big hits will help a lot, also. Like last year, BALL CONTROL is what's needed.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn76ers View Post
i would love to see Fred Bennet go up against Wayne or Harrison...I'm just not to sure the coaches are confident enough in him, just yet

I'm not so sure I want a 4th round rookie to play his first game against the best WR tandem in the NFL (and the best QB).
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #7
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I'm not so sure I want a 4th round rookie to play his first game against the best WR tandem in the NFL (and the best QB).
The Colts are planning on playing a rookie 4th rounder this weekend?? SWEET!!! It's kind of premature to call AJ the best tandem in the NFL. I know he plays like 2 players but he IS injured this week...
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read