Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Start a Petition

Da_General

Obnoxious Musician
I can't do it because of my position, but I think it's a great idea...somebody start a petition to have the gates opened a couple of hours early Sunday to allow tailgaters more time to do their thing and still get into the stadium in time for kickoff. Any leader-types out there willing to take on this task? This seems like a perfect game to suggest it!

:whip:

Hagar

Drink up yall, its the Texans!
I can't do it because of my position, but I think it's a great idea...somebody start a petition to have the gates opened a couple of hours early Sunday to allow tailgaters more time to do their thing and still get into the stadium in time for kickoff. Any leader-types out there willing to take on this task? This seems like a perfect game to suggest it!

:whip:
I'm sorry but I don't start drinking beer until 8:30 AM (takes 30 minutes to set up camp).

I know it sounds crazy but you gotta set a limit somewhere.

hobie

All Pro
I wouldn't have a problem doing it, but I have no idea how to do it... My only concern is that the gate staff would have to come in an hour or so earlier, the police would need to come in as well, and then the other logistics involved would also have to b e changed to accomodate us. That right there would cost the Texans a few thousand dollars for each home game without being able to recoup that expense. Not that the team can't afford it, but I would see thier point if they do not allow all lots to do that.
Anyways, we don't wait for them to open to start our tailgate, we set up outside the gate, break out the tabletop grills, and make breakfast, and start our day about 6:30am..All that is needed for us is the port-a-john outside the gate!

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
I have a feeling that you could open the gates 8 hours beforehand and people wouldn't come in early. I know they've been battling this since the beginning, and I have no solutions. It's a Houston thing!

I have a feeling that you could open the gates 8 hours beforehand and people wouldn't come in early. I know they've been battling this since the beginning, and I have no solutions. It's a Houston thing!
Ryan, I think he was talking about the tailgating gates outside the stadium and if you knew that I'm sorry, but I know in the YELLOW LOT(Greatest Lot), I would love for the gates outside to be opened at 7am instead of 8am.

The line outside that gate backs up half way down main street before the gates open up.

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
Ryan, I think he was talking about the tailgating gates outside the stadium and if you knew that I'm sorry, but I know in the YELLOW LOT(Greatest Lot), I would love for the gates outside to be opened at 7am instead of 8am.

The line outside that gate backs up half way down main street before the gates open up.
I understood - but his hopes are that earlier tailgating would mean more people inside for kickoff (a bane of the BPPB, Cheerleaders, and the FO).

Now that they've jacked up the cost of the other lots (aren't Blue, Yellow, and Orange up to $30?), I think y'all deserve 7 AM! Though I enjoy putting back a cold one while watching the people lined up for Blue :doot:

I understood - but his hopes are that earlier tailgating would mean more people inside for kickoff (a bane of the BPPB, Cheerleaders, and the FO).

Now that they've jacked up the cost of the other lots (aren't Blue, Yellow, and Orange up to $30?), I think y'all deserve 7 AM! Though I enjoy putting back a cold one while watching the people lined up for Blue :doot:
No we are still $10 and I hope it never goes up but if it does I will still pay it!:shades:

:fans:

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame

Bite your tongue.... We'll be back to lining up on Kirby with them again..(Unless of course they let us in at 6:00am).

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
I would like for the Texans to have some sort of loud air raid siren that goes off at 11:00 and 11:15. Once in a while I'll get visiting with people and lose track of time. Never miss the opening stuff, but I have had to race in there a few times.

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
I would like for the Texans to have some sort of loud air raid siren that goes off at 11:00 and 11:15. Once in a while I'll get visiting with people and lose track of time. Never miss the opening stuff, but I have had to race in there a few times.
Like tornado or air raid sirens, I like that idea!

Specnatz

Hall of Fame
That is an awsome idea.

hobie

All Pro
Well just remember, if it goes off at those times, there might be some confusion with those in the Yellow lot, as they would think it was SHOTGUN time again......... :drunk:

Tedc

Hardheaded
Thank you. I will email the Texans with the suggestion and let you know if I hear anything.
Actually, Missy (Melissa Rentz) came up with that at a Bull Pen meeting before the season. I think they are doing something now, as I hear some faint sound about 11am but it is not they way it should be.

I suggested a loud (very loud) Bullhorn.

Da_General

Obnoxious Musician
Air raid siren is very good. I retract my suggestion in favor of this one, although I still wish we could hit the lots a few hours earlier. It's not like we're not wide awake at 3am anyway on a gameday, right?

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
Air raid siren is very good. I retract my suggestion in favor of this one, although I still wish we could hit the lots a few hours earlier. It's not like we're not wide awake at 3am anyway on a gameday, right?
That's about the time the Mrs. has decided it's time for bed (due to pre-game day excitement). So yes, I have better stfuf to do, like sleep!

texanmojo

Shotgun 30 Time
Well just remember, if it goes off at those times, there might be some confusion with those in the Yellow lot, as they would think it was SHOTGUN time again......... :drunk:
Yeah...I love the new air raid siren on the top of MOJO1...but I am not so sure it was the best idea. The shotguns have gotten alot bigger as a result of it and I am going through a lot more beer.

But it is fun to watch all the people scurry over to the tailgate when it goes off! :)

barrett

All Pro
BRILLIANT!

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
Yeah...I love the new air raid siren on the top of MOJO1...but I am not so sure it was the best idea. The shotguns have gotten alot bigger as a result of it and I am going through a lot more beer.

But it is fun to watch all the people scurry over to the tailgate when it goes off! :)
Set it off at :15 or :45 for entertainment.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Football fanatics don't need no stinkin' air horn.

oh, wait, y'all are trying to get a majority of fans into the stadium by kickoff. My bad. :whistle:

bpe3

Waterboy
Simple way to get more people in the seats for kickoff:

1. Put a better product on the field. Already happening.

2. Install wide, fast escalators directly to the 500-600-700 level. Walking the ramps is insane as they aren't steep enough. The lines for the escalators are WAY to long. I've been to MANY NFL stadiums and Reliant's upper deck is one of THE WORST, actually THE WORST I've ever seen for ingress. Egress is OK but only via the stairs. This can be done easily if Jamey Rootes would make it a priorty. McNair would pay if he knew the true value.

3. Don't lets thousands of non-Club Level tickets holder in the Club. It's too easy to get there and it's too nice for some not to be lured in. Once they enter the club, their actual non-club seats will never be filled during the game. Club level tickets should be scanned in and out at the club entrance, just like the front gate. This way it wouldn't be so easy for 10 people to get into the club with 2 club tickets. This can be done easily.

4. Shut down the entire Club Level. Not likely.

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
This is the response that I received:

Thank you for your email and support of the Houston Texans! We appreciate your feedback and ideas to get fans to enter the Stadium early. We are currently evaluating different ways to encourage fans to enter the Stadium early. We currently do have a drawing called The Houston Texans Early Arrival Sweepstakes and it awards fans who arrive at the game early for a chance to win tickets from Continental Airlines. To win, your game ticket must be scanned 30 minutes prior to kickoff and you must be in your seats at the time of the drawing. The winners are announced during the game and shown on the Video Board. The Pep Band also announces in Bud Plaza that it is almost gametime to start entering as well as the Bare Necessity Band. We have forwarded your email to the appropriate contact in the Marketing department. Thank you and have a great day!
So there you go.

Hagar

Drink up yall, its the Texans!
We currently do have a drawing called The Houston Texans Early Arrival Sweepstakes and it awards fans who arrive at the game early for a chance to win tickets from Continental Airlines.
Apparently, unless you have a sponsor to go with your idea, it won't sell with the Texans.

I'm tell'in ya, Bob is one hell of a business man!

bpe3

Waterboy
I found a sponsor...

We call it, "Get in Your Seat for the Kickoff Day Sponsored by David Carr". DC is going to return the $8,000,000 bonus he stole from the Texans in 2006. McNair is going to offer every fan a chance to claim their share of the refund. He's a good guy that way. Everyone who is in their seat at kickoff for the Indy game will get $115 ($8,000,000 / 69,500) in cash.

Sound like a plan???

bpe3