Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-17-2007   #1
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 249951 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Parking Guidance

My wife and I are flying down to Houston on Saturday, hanging with family on Saturday night, and then going to the game on Sunday.

We've got our tickets but we didn't get any parking passes or anything like that. What's the parking like around the stadium? Do we pay on the way in or should we buy something in advance (if we can)? And if we do, what's the best to buy? Easiest to get in and out, etc.

BTW, I'll be the guy in the #55 jersey with Pencilneck on the back.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #2
whiskeyrbl

Default Re: Parking Guidance

There is only one way. You need to go to ticketmaster pull up texans event, then in search box type texans parking, then will have to pay by cc. I think it is like $26 and print out your ticket.
Old 09-17-2007   #3
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Though there is pay parking farther away, the best parking you need a parking pass for and cannot pay onsite.

Sometimes people have parking passes that they are selling here, and you can often get them from brokers for an upcharge. I've never got a parking pass through ticket master, but I am guessing for some of the more popular lots, you would have to get them through the secondary market.

The tailgates this Sunday should be pretty fun assuming good weather. There are a lot of people here that would love for you to visit their tailgates. Very friendly ones in Platinum (next to blue) and in Yellow. (and I am sure there are more, but those lots are very welcoming to outta towners who don't have their own tailgates set up). You don't have to get a parking pass in those lots to visit them, but it does make it more convenient.
Old 09-17-2007   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 249951 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Though there is pay parking farther away, the best parking you need a parking pass for and cannot pay onsite.

Sometimes people have parking passes that they are selling here, and you can often get them from brokers for an upcharge. I've never got a parking pass through ticket master, but I am guessing for some of the more popular lots, you would have to get them through the secondary market.

The tailgates this Sunday should be pretty fun assuming good weather. There are a lot of people here that would love for you to visit their tailgates. Very friendly ones in Platinum (next to blue) and in Yellow. (and I am sure there are more, but those lots are very welcoming to outta towners who don't have their own tailgates set up). You don't have to get a parking pass in those lots to visit them, but it does make it more convenient.
Burchette (sp?) was at the Dallas Watch Party this past weekend and he invited me to the Green Lot and his tailgate. I'm going to try to migrate by there and say "howdy."
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #5
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Burchette (sp?) was at the Dallas Watch Party this past weekend and he invited me to the Green Lot and his tailgate. I'm going to try to migrate by there and say "howdy."
Who knew that the green lot tailgated?

Who knew there was a green lot?
Old 09-17-2007   #6
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

The green lot is located north of westridge. Your best bet would be to park at the hotel at Kirby & 610, and walk to the Green lot. You can carry stuff into the tailgating lots even if you don't have a parking pass. If you decide to venture over to Blue or Platinum, the hotel is still your best bet. I think the rate is $20 to park there - though it may have gone up.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #7
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't the green lot that lot you pass up on Westridge going into the Blue Lots..

If you are going there, just park across Westridge at the old hotel. It's $20.00 CASH parking and all you have to do is walk across the street to the BLUE or green lot.

That there is your best bet..
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2007   #8
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
My wife and I are flying down to Houston on Saturday, hanging with family on Saturday night, and then going to the game on Sunday.

We've got our tickets but we didn't get any parking passes or anything like that. What's the parking like around the stadium? Do we pay on the way in or should we buy something in advance (if we can)? And if we do, what's the best to buy? Easiest to get in and out, etc.

BTW, I'll be the guy in the #55 jersey with Pencilneck on the back.
If your going to pay $20 for parking, you can go to tatickets.com and put Texans in the search box. Click on the Colts game and Jim has over 20 yellow parking passes for $20ea.

If you park in the Yellow lot make sure you stop by and I will have a ice cold beer there for you! We are the big white bus with the Texan Liberty Tailgaters on the top!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read