Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2007   #1
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 52595 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dunta: RIGHT Cornerback

between heavy celebration and sleep deprivation i expect (and hope) to be taken with a grain of salt. something that struck me however is our secondary lineup. in each year we've played mostly a "your side" cornerback scheme instead of lining up our db's ontop of receivers.

2004 ... dunta played right cornerback opposite of aaron glenn. everyone challanged dunta and he earned a probowl appearance (although noone seemed to notice that he was the best DB that year) ... dunta robinson, the single fastest closing acceleration this poster has EVER seen.

2005 ... sorry, i was successful in my attempt to erase this season from my mind so someone will have to fill in the blanks

2006 ... dunta got insanely torched on the left side ... bit on everything, the closing burst was gone, tackles missed, and basically his everything was off ... oh, and our right side belonged on a yellow lot grill with some chili.

2007 ... dunta's back on the right side and has 2 INT's in 2 games, is laying the wood, has his "closing speed" back to best in the business

maybe i'm reading something that isnt there, but per what i've seen, dunta is arguably the best cornerback in the league on the right side and a tailgaters' sidedish on the left. is this deliberate or circumstance?
Old 09-17-2007   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dunta: RIGHT Cornerback

All I know is that when Dunta started playing Smith, the game completely changed. He shut him down. I dont know what side he was on when he made that INT, but he was playing Smith
Old 09-17-2007   #3
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
All I know is that when Dunta started playing Smith, the game completely changed. He shut him down. I dont know what side he was on when he made that INT, but he was playing Smith
He was on the D's right, the O's left. But I think he mainly was lining up opposite Smith, regardless of what side of the field he was on.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #4
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 52595 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
that's exactly it, Fox for some reason decided to swap 89 to the "right" side (dunta's) of the defense in the second half and smith was smothered, and intercepted. steve smith had 1 reception (the "missed tackle supreme") from our defensive right side, but for game's concern was completely shut down on dunta's (right) side.
Old 09-17-2007   #5
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah Dunta is back to form, i'm loving his play so far this year.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #6
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
2004 ... dunta played right cornerback opposite of aaron glenn. everyone challanged dunta and he earned a probowl appearance (although noone seemed to notice that he was the best DB that year) ... dunta robinson, the single fastest closing acceleration this poster has EVER seen.
Did you mean to write that he should have earned a probowl appearance?
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #7
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Did you mean to write that he should have earned a probowl appearance?
wrote as intended (vague). he earned the spot, but wasnt voted in.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read