Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-17-2007   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Bullpen..... it's up to you.

If you remember last years win against the Colts, you'll remember the Bullpen played as big a role in that win as any player on the field.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the game(but don't worry, I GAVE my tickets to hardcore fans) so I won't be able to contribute my part.

But I'll definitely be watching.

I want to hear the commentators comment frequently on the noise in the stadium. If we get this win guys, it will be huge for us.

Don't give up on our boys.... you know they won't, even if they look like crap and give up 14 points in the first 10 minutes of the game.
Old 09-17-2007   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bullpen..... it's up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If you remember last years win against the Colts, you'll remember the Bullpen played as big a role in that win as any player on the field.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the game(but don't worry, I GAVE my tickets to hardcore fans) so I won't be able to contribute my part.

But I'll definitely be watching.

I want to hear the commentators comment frequently on the noise in the stadium. If we get this win guys, it will be huge for us.

Don't give up on our boys.... you know they won't, even if they look like crap and give up 14 points in the first 10 minutes of the game.
Sure, 90% of the rest of the fans were inconsequential or did the Bull Pen do something directionally attributable to the victory such as video tape the Colts' signals, put bananas in the Colts Bus' tail pipe or go Nerd and apply Liquid Heat to the Colts jock straps?
Old 09-17-2007   #3
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Sure, 90% of the rest of the fans were inconsequential or did the Bull Pen do something directionally attributable to the victory such as video tape the Colts' signals, put bananas in the Colts Bus' tail pipe or go Nerd and apply Liquid Heat to the Colts jock straps?

Didn't someone from the Bull Pen go Carl Spackler on Manning, and cut his achilles tendon???
At least, that's the way I remember it happening...

Cinderella story... outta nowhere... the Houston Texans... win the Masters Cha... er, Superbowl...

Last edited by michaelm; 09-17-2007 at 09:23 AM.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #4
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Didn't someone from the Bull Pen go Carl Spackler on Manning, and cut his achilles tendon???
At least, that's the way I remember it happening...
Nah, nothing like that.

They were in the end zone with fishing poles with pork chops on the hook trying to entice Ron Dayne to run the ball toward their end of the field. When they wanted Dayne to run the other way, they waved salad fixings in his general direction.
Old 09-17-2007   #5
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
ROFL tried to send you some rep (Says I compliment you too much) nice laugh to start the morning
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sure, 90% of the rest of the fans were inconsequential or did the Bull Pen do something directionally attributable to the victory
Crowd noise was huge in that game, especially in the endzones... both actually.

But you're right, I shouldn't have called out just the Bullpen.
Old 09-17-2007   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I lost my voice, and I was sitting on the 20 yard line
Old 09-17-2007   #8
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Bullpen..... it's up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Crowd noise was huge in that game, especially in the endzones... both actually.

But you're right, I shouldn't have called out just the Bullpen.
It's the people walking out of the Chiefs game screaming "Houston...Texans!" you should be calling out. They should have come out hoarse!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #9
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Nah, nothing like that.

They were in the end zone with fishing poles with pork chops on the hook trying to entice Ron Dayne to run the ball toward their end of the field. When they wanted Dayne to run the other way, they waved salad fixings in his general direction.
lmao.. really good. rep
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
It's the people walking out of the Chiefs game screaming "Houston...Texans!" you should be calling out. They should have come out hoarse!
Someones got to save their voice to humiliate the people who showed up wearing Chiefs gear to OUR house!
Old 09-17-2007   #11
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pffft. My voice is getting used to all the shouting on weekends. Texas game on Sat. Texans game on Sunday...

So I have a little juice left after all the yelling in the Bullpen. Sue me.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Gridiron, Tx Represent!!

As far as people being hoarse after the game, they just don't know how to properly project their voices. I was a vocalist in a heavy metal band for awhile and picked up a few things on how to save your voice after several hours of screaming over loud guitars and drums.
Old 09-17-2007   #13
UTColumbus
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Gridiron, Tx Represent!!

As far as people being hoarse after the game, they just don't know how to properly project their voices. I was a vocalist in a heavy metal band for awhile and picked up a few things on how to save your voice after several hours of screaming over loud guitars and drums.
This calls for an instructional essay post.
Old 09-17-2007   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Bullpen..... it's up to you.

Quote:
Gridiron, Tx Represent!!

Double Barrel's 1 Day seminar:

Sports Fandom: The Keys to Endless Shouting.

Saturday, Airport Holiday Inn

$50 per person

Please call for group rates
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Double Barrel's 1 Day seminar:

Sports Fandom: The Keys to Endless Shouting.

Saturday, Airport Holiday Inn

$50 per person

Please call for group rates
All you need is this DVD!

The Zen of Screaming: Vocal Instruction for a New Breed

Old 09-17-2007   #16
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

I'll get to be in the Bull Pen for the first time invited by Shetexan.....What an angel she is to give me this opportunity.......I can't WAIT to lose my voice...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #17
Texan_Lee
Lost for now...

Rep Power: 18 Texan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to Texan_Lee Send a message via MSN to Texan_Lee

There is something I have found out about "losing one's voice" after constantly screaming in the games...

I found this out after the first season, and duplicated the event in the second season...

During the first season, I lost my voice after walking up the ramp before the game when the BULL PEN PEP BAND was walking up with us (which is sad they don't do that anymore...).

Towards the end of the season, I noticed my voice wasn't going out as fast as it did at the beginning of the season... I figured I was starting to get used to it...

During the off season, didn't do much screaming, then the second season came around... and I noticed the same thing, but it didn't take as long to get it back...

Every time I start yelling at the beginning of the season, my voice lasts longer at the end of the season (my throat has to be getting used to it)...

Now this season will be the real test... never had to continue screaming into the play-offs before, so I'm going to have to be sure I'm ready to do it this season!!!!
Go Texans!!! Go Bull Pen!!!
Section 116 - Row D
Texan_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #18
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

you guys'd better boo any colts fan you see.
Old 09-19-2007   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Lee View Post

Now this season will be the real test... never had to continue screaming into the play-offs before, so I'm going to have to be sure I'm ready to do it this season!!!!
That's what I'm talking 'bout....... BABY.....

Play-offs in Houston.
Old 09-19-2007   #20
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Gridiron, Tx Represent!!

For the last time......Cover songs of Air Supply and REO Speedwagon does not make you a heavy metal singer, no matter how you spin it...BUT, if that is what you want to call yourself to make yourself feel more like a experienced screamer, buy all means, feel free...

Now I for one can attest that I have seen the Demolition Crew in action, they are very vocal..
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read