Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-17-2007   #1
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default coaches

man i saw some horrible coach's today. watching the chiefs game reminded me of capers. just try not to lose.

who decided to fire a coach with a 14 and 2 record and hire norv turner? i know there were some questionable play calling in sd loss in the playoffs but 14 and 2 and you want to start all over.

some of the worst coached teams. cleveland, kc, sd

some of the best coached teams tenn, patts, hou. yea i said it, kubes is one of the best coaches in the league.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #2
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: coaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
man i saw some horrible coach's today. watching the chiefs game reminded me of capers. just try not to lose.

who decided to fire a coach with a 14 and 2 record and hire norv turner? i know there were some questionable play calling in sd loss in the playoffs but 14 and 2 and you want to start all over.

some of the best coached teams tenn, patts, hou. yea i said it, kubes is one of the best coaches in the league.
yup. why you would fire a coach after going 14-2 is just beyond me. Marty has never had any real success in the playoffs but I think he deserved better.

So instead of having their coaching staff intact, they lose both their coordinators then fire their head coach. AJ Smith blew it this offseason by not swallowing his pride and learning to work with Marty or at least making a move early enough so that they could have kept their coordinators and promoted one to head coach.

Kubes has done a whale of a job this offseason by changing the whole culture on this squad. I give a lot of credit to Schaub for this but at the end of the day Kubes was responsible for admitting he was wrong about Carr and pulling the trigger along with RS.

as for Cleveland, I actually give Romeo a lot of credit for turning things around this weekend against the Bengals and getting a hard earned divisional/rival win. Romeo is not the problem in Clevelands. It's about his QB play. They have talent, they just need a decent QB. Sound familiar?
Old 09-17-2007   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

miami had one of the worst coaching performances seen in a while yesterday. Cameron is new, so i'll give him a break, but sheesh
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Mike Tomlin has the Steelers playing on fire so far as well.

lets not forget to mention Payton as one of the worst coaches of the day yesterday. Forcing carries to reggie bust is going to destroy this team
Old 09-17-2007   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Shannon Sharpe has already said it - Kubiak for CotY.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #6
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

i might of been a little hard on romeo but listening to his press conferences he seems clueless. i havent watched the browns enough to know for sure.

as for mike tomlin i forgot about him. i do think he could be a great coach for a while.

i dont know about payton he did a good job last year and when you watch the games last year he seemed to make good decisions.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i dont know about payton he did a good job last year and when you watch the games last year he seemed to make good decisions.
Personally, I was a bit weirded out with all the Payton = Genius talk. I guess I formed my opinion on Payton when he was the OC with the Giants and their offense got markedly better when Fassel took the playcalling away from Payton. Then he goes to Dallas, where he's supposed to be a genius and... I didn't see that they were a great offense until he left. Then he goes to NO and... they look great. So I figured I just had to revise my estimation.

Now... maybe I was right to begin with.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2007   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

the saints had a bunch of new personnel and did a few things that teams weren't used to, and they took advantage of a weak division and conference.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read