Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2007   #1
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 10 signs your team is better than last year...

In no particular order, here's my top 10 signs why we're better than last year. Ok my Steel Blue/Liberty White/Battle Red fanatics, here we go...
1. Your QB knows how to get rid of the football...
2. Your QB has pocket presence...
3. Our TE makes clutch catches...
4. Our last 2, 1st round picks have 4 sacks in 2 games...
5. Our star receiver has 3 TD's in 2 games...
6. Our pathetic o-line (S-A-R-C-A-S-M) averages a pathetic 1 sack per game average...
7. No D. carr...
8. We still have a decent secondary when our 1st and 2nd string SS go down with injury...
9. DeMeco friekin' Ryans...
10. Your QB is named, Matt Schaub...

Tell me if you agree, disagree (better not), or have anything to add. Go Texans! Hope you had a great Sunday like I did my fellow peeps!

Last edited by BSofA04; 09-17-2007 at 04:36 AM.
BSofA04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #2
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 10 signs your team is better than last year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
In no particular order, here's my top 10 sings why we're better than last year. Ok my Steel Blue/Liberty White/Battle Red fanatics, here we go...
6. Our pathetic o-line (S-A-R-C-A-S-M) averages a pathetic 1 sack per game average...
7. No D. carr...
8. We still have a decent secondary when our 1st and 2nd string SS go down with injury...
9. DeMeco frikein' Ryans...

Tell me if you agree, disagree (better not), or have anything to add. Go Texans! Hope you had a great Sunday like I did my fellow peeps!
all those or because of our new qb.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #3
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

And the number one sign your team is better than last year...

**drumroll please**

Bandwagon fans!

YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well that studly tackle by Demmeeko on that last carolina TD by Mr. Steve Smith, will live long in my memory. I got an issue with #9. Will agree there was certainly an all pro on that play.
Old 09-17-2007   #5
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Well that studly tackle by Demmeeko on that last carolina TD by Mr. Steve Smith, will live long in my memory. I got an issue with #9. Will agree there was certainly an all pro on that play.
I'm sure it will live longer in Demeco's and the rest of the D's mind, so....I doubt(and hope) it will not happen again.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #6
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1 missed tackle while taking/creating/making countless others? Are you sure? You'd be silly to rip D. Ryans for one play considering the impact he makes on our overall defense. After watching our game twice on the DVR, there's no way we'd keep the running game in check without #59.

Last edited by BSofA04; 09-17-2007 at 02:35 PM.
BSofA04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #7
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm guessing you meant #59 instead of #9...

1 missed tackle while taking/creating/making countless others? Are you sure? .....you'd be silly to rip D. Ryans for one play considering the impact he makes on our overall defense. After watching our game twice on the DVR, there's no way we'd keep the running game in check without #59.
Old 09-17-2007   #8
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 127674 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

demeco missed the tackle and he's going to hear about it, but i'm not even going to pin that one on demeco ... steve smith is just that good that he has the strength and balance to stay up even against a strong (although high) tackle. i'm blaming the missed tackle on the FOUR players that dogpiled thin air while 89 ducked and ran. if i have to give that miss on one guy it's going to be will demps for closing his eyes and tackling c.c. brown's backside instead of hitting smith.
Old 09-17-2007   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In no particular order, here's my top 10 signs why we're better than last year. Ok my Steel Blue/Liberty White/Battle Red fanatics, here we go...
7. No D. carr...

I agree, but would add:

1. 2-0 for first time in team history!

2. Four game win streak! (first in team history)

3. Down 14-0 on the road, but go on an unanswered 34 point run

4. Our QB fires up the Texans defense when down.

5. Six sacks in two games.

6. Six defensive/ST turnovers in two games

7. The team is overcoming early mistakes

8. Halftime adjustments (seems like a first in team history)

9. Pressure on opposing QBs

10. Consistently stopping the opponents run game.
Old 09-17-2007   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

And I thought it was the color the fans wore to the game. Sports, where the fan thinks he scores, blocks, tackles, shoots, dribbles, pitches, bats, etc.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #11
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135003 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cracking on DeMeco?

He's the heart and soul of this defense. 1 missed tackle at a time it did not matter is not something to have issue with. Smith made a play. That's why he is great.
Old 09-17-2007   #12
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
I'm sure it will live longer in Demeco's and the rest of the D's mind, so....I doubt(and hope) it will not happen again.
Are you saying you think it will happen again or it wont happen again?
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #13
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
7. No D. carr...

11. Turk
12. ST's play. from JJ to Mathis, to Walters TD. What a difference.
13. An actual playbook vs the cliff notes Carr needed
14. Amobi-won aka "the Force" Okoye and TJ actually creating a DT Tandum to fear!
15. Rotating our DE's is actually working!
16. Von Hutchins vs CC Brown at FS. BIG DIFFERENCE! He will get better
17. Free Agents WANT to come here. See: Boulware, Demps, Green, Clark
18. Momentum going into the Colts game
19. Half-time adjustments (I believe this was stated earlier)
20. Trust between coach and the offense. Kubiak is in it to win it. I love it. 4th and 4? Go for it!

Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #14
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You have seemd uncharacteristically Troll like in your posts yesterday pete. Were you "drunk posting"?
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read