Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2007   #1
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default SC, are you serious?!?!?!

For SC's "Pump up the volume" section, they showed not one, but TWO clips of Panthers TDs.

But....WE WON THE GAME. AND NOT ONLY DID WE WIN THE GAME, BUT WE DESTROYED THE PANTHERS!!!

The second clip was that rindonkulous third TD that was essentially meaningless.

WTH?!?!?!

Bah; humbug. We play one of the most complete games this week of all the NFL teams, and THAT happens? pffft.

The better to throw in their faces later, I guess...
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #2
TexanRevolution
Tejano Diablo

Rep Power: 12 TexanRevolution was voted MVPTexanRevolution was voted MVPTexanRevolution was voted MVPTexanRevolution was voted MVPTexanRevolution was voted MVP
Default Re: SC, are you serious?!?!?!

You mean they finally mentioned the Texans...I waited through almost an hour of Pats talk (including presser snips), then the obligatory Bo Sox v. Yankees crap before getting frustrated & flipping on NFLN.

Freaking incredible! I was prayin I'd hear "Rock & Roll, Touchdown Texans!"...no justice at all!
TexanRevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #3
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Yup I said the same thing.

I said these exact words. "Okay you can show those plays but who won the game?"

That is why Andre did the shush with his fingers. You know why our guys are doing that? There's a reason for Mario to do it...but Andre...

I think the reason is ... "Shhh don't tell anyone we are this good."

I'd rather have it that way...if we beat the Colts...give me all the Kool-Aid you want because I'm saying Championship if that happens.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #4
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign_lee View Post
For SC's "Pump up the volume" section, they showed not one, but TWO clips of Panthers TDs.

But....WE WON THE GAME. AND NOT ONLY DID WE WIN THE GAME, BUT WE DESTROYED THE PANTHERS!!!

The second clip was that rindonkulous third TD that was essentially meaningless.

WTH?!?!?!

Bah; humbug. We play one of the most complete games this week of all the NFL teams, and THAT happens? pffft.

The better to throw in their faces later, I guess...
Yea when Steve Smith broke all those tackles I was livid simply because I knew the media would focus on that and not how much the Texans dominated. As my dad would say, "that chaps my butt"
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey we dominated that game, we shut them down, we blew them out.

But that Steve Smith play was ridiculous. I counted 6 Texans tackles that he broke. If we had lost the game and had a play like that, i would have expected a highlight.

We got the "w" give them the ESPN time. Who cares, Footballs back in Houston and thats the only place that matters
Old 09-17-2007   #6
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
That is why Andre did the shush with his fingers. You know why our guys are doing that? There's a reason for Mario to do it...but Andre...

I think the reason is ... "Shhh don't tell anyone we are this good."

I'd rather have it that way...if we beat the Colts...give me all the Kool-Aid you want because I'm saying Championship if that happens.
I think Andre was saying something along the lines of "You thought you were going to win, but you need to sit down, shut up, and watch what we are about to do." And that means score 34 unanswered points.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #7
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: SC, are you serious?!?!?!

We predicted this yesterday. 17 second of SC air time. 5 dedicated to Carr, 10 to the Panthers, 2 to mention Houston won.

(will watch after class, soccer was on this morning, grr!)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2007   #8
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

I turned on SC this morning (before Women's soccer came on. ugh!) and that is what I saw, Pumin it up with Steve Smith. Then my very next thought was "I woner how many threads will be talking about that this morning". Oh well. I just watch NFLN now, they actually have real highlights and analysis for everyone. In the end the only thing that matters to me is that we won not that we got "dissed again" by an east coast sporting program.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #9
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: SC, are you serious?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
I turned on SC this morning (before Women's soccer came on. ugh!) and that is what I saw, Pumin it up with Steve Smith. Then my very next thought was "I woner how many threads will be talking about that this morning". Oh well. I just watch NFLN now, they actually have real highlights and analysis for everyone. In the end the only thing that matters to me is that we won not that we got "dissed again" by an east coast sporting program.
Doooooooooood, how early do you get up?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont even want the talking heads to nmention us, unless its Michael SMith. He can talk all he wants.
Old 09-17-2007   #11
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Doooooooooood, how early do you get up?
6am, gotta get my jog on before I go to the office, especially after an entire day of Pizza and Beer.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #12
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 470 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually on Chris Berman's show he gave the Texans some pretty big props. That lasted for all of about 5 minutes. I was impressed... I guess. But then again, who cares. I kind of like the Texans staying unnoticed for a while.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #13
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
Actually on Chris Berman's show he gave the Texans some pretty big props. That lasted for all of about 5 minutes. I was impressed... I guess. But then again, who cares. I kind of like the Texans staying unnoticed for a while.
Berman and Jackson seem pretty fair and hold little bias unlike the other media guys.

Actually the fact that they highlighted our game is big because they(Berman and Jackson) only do like half of them while the SC guys do the others.

Berman and Jackson seem like they are just fair IMO. Jackson gave Mario his game ball of the week last week, and Berman gave them props this week.

Our game against the Colts will be highlighted, and from there the whole AFC South will be highlighted. If we beat the Colts, we will be taken seriously that is for sure.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 274145 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope they keep showing that last Steve Smith TD run. Our defense played great, but that one should remind them that they still have to finish the game. It's not over until 0:00.
Old 09-17-2007   #15
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

My son was watching ESPN this morning and had to call me with the news that they actually used the Texans and the "P" word in the same sentence.
Old 09-17-2007   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN News Hot List was just loving all over the Texans. Eric Allen and Ismail were all about this is a new team and Kubiak has instilled a winning attitude and that this team is real.

On ESPN First Take (1st and 10), Skip Bayless didn't want to say we were contenders... but he had to. The other guy ( I forget who they had in today) was automatically, "Contenders."
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #17
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70026 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't worry, guys. Eyebrows are being raised. I even heard John Madden on Sunday Night Football comment that he had watched one of our preseason games, and said we had a good football team.

We beat Indy this week, the cat will come flying out of the bag.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

hate to say it...

But that last Steve Smith touchdown was worthy of a highlight clip.

As long as they didn't put it in as the game changer or anything.

Well, it was a game changing play, If it weren't for that score, you'd have thought we were out there by ourselves.
Old 09-17-2007   #19
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

To be honest, both of Steve Smith's touchdowns deserved to be highlighted. They were amazing. Who cares what Sportscenter says? We won and coverage or lack of coverage isn't going to change that.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #20
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
hate to say it...

But that last Steve Smith touchdown was worthy of a highlight clip.
Oh yeah, he was looking like Barry Sanders out there with that run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
To be honest, both of Steve Smith's touchdowns deserved to be highlighted. They were amazing. Who cares what Sportscenter says? We won and coverage or lack of coverage isn't going to change that.
He scored 3 touchdowns by the way.

Steve Smith is a top 3 receiver in this league, you have to expect him to score. Good thing was that he was the only player to score for the Panthers besides their kicker kicking 3 extra points.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read