Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-16-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Schaub:Texans wise investment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

biggest thing that stuck out with me

Quote:
Schaub also performed under difficult circumstances, as the first 10 minutes of this game had the makings of a Carolina blowout. Wide receiver Steve Smith was toying with Houston cornerback Demarcus Faggins, scoring twice with ease. Houston also contributed a Daniels fumble.

That's when Schaub went to the defense and apologized for the poor start. It wasn't the deepest conversation, but it played to the spirit of the moment.

"When he said that, it made everybody hang together," Texans cornerback Dunta Robinson said. "When you have a guy like that, stepping up like a leader, you want to play hard for him."

Said Schaub: "It's a team game, and there are no divisions between the defense and the offense. I wanted those guys to know that. We put them in a bad situation with the turnover, and I wanted them to know, 'I got your back and you're going to have mine at some point.' "

Schaub responded by hitting Johnson on two of three plays during a 65-yard drive, including a 32-yard score as Johnson ran untouched through Carolina's suspect secondary.
brings a tear to my eye
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #2
texaspride1977
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to texaspride1977 Send a message via Yahoo to texaspride1977
Smile Re: Schaub:Texans wise investment

Well said... its about time we got a QB with a good head on his shoulders.

How do you like my math?

8 + 80 = "10" (perfect score)
texaspride1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #3
Ckw

Default Re: Schaub:Texans wise investment

Thanks a ton for sharing that Wolf. That was great!
Old 09-17-2007   #4
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

and i was one of the fools that thought we could make it work with carr. glad we got this guy now.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #5
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Wow, the Defense usually was always in a tough position with Carr. It wasn't his fault O.D. fumbled the ball, yet he still apologized for the bad platy for the whole offense...

Like Carr said "Let somebody else do it."

Yeah really...
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #6
daedge
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 daedge could be on the next Madden coverdaedge could be on the next Madden coverdaedge could be on the next Madden coverdaedge could be on the next Madden coverdaedge could be on the next Madden coverdaedge could be on the next Madden cover

Just try telling the Falcons it was a wise investment by the Texans
daedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #7
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedge View Post
Just try telling the Falcons it was a wise investment by the Texans
Half of them would agree, since they knew Schaub was the real deal.

The other half is still under the delusion that Michael Vick will return to the NFL at some point.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2007   #8
daedge
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 daedge could be on the next Madden coverdaedge could be on the next Madden coverdaedge could be on the next Madden coverdaedge could be on the next Madden coverdaedge could be on the next Madden coverdaedge could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post

The other half is still under the delusion that Michael Vick will return to the NFL at some point.
I was trying to get at the fact that it would remind them that they let Schaub go and he is proving to be the real deal, while they could really do with him as there starting qb right now.
daedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #9
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspride1977 View Post
Well said... its about time we got a QB with a good head on his shoulders.

How do you like my math?

8 + 80 = "10" (perfect score)
Shouldn't it be 8 + 80 = 6 (TD)
Old 09-17-2007   #10
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Folks. That article is a good sign this team will be the real deal for years to come. This team believes in and plays for each other like a band of brothers. That is what the great teams do.

Start up the bandwagon bus. Its time to get it going!
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
and i was one of the fools that thought we could make it work with carr. glad we got this guy now.
And I was one of the guys who ridiculed the trade and Schub both. Boy, was I ever wrong.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #12
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
no problem, man. it doesnt matter when you got on board, it just matters that you got on board.

schaub has been far from perfect, but he doesn't need to be perfect. he just needs to compete and play to win. something the former guy just never gave a crap about.

yesterday's game was the best I have felt about a Houston football team victory since the Christmas Eve Oilers victory over the Steve Young and the 49ers in Candlestick Park back during our miraculous run under Buddy Ryan's defense. The victory over CAR was just one big happy pill for me.

I <3 the Texans
Matt FTW
Old 09-17-2007   #13
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post

Just as there are those out there amongst us, on this board, that are delusional that David Carr is a NFL caliber QB.
Old 09-17-2007   #14
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Just as there are those out there amongst us, on this board, that are delusional that David Carr is a NFL caliber QB.
I don't know man. I feel most have come to the realization that they were wrong. the others who are too stupid or stubborn to admit they were wrong have moved on to the Panthers message board because they were never real Texans fans to begin with. Other than Caddy, I can't think of any other poster that remains that is still deluded enough to think Carr is anything other than a very bad NFL QB with nice hair.
Old 09-17-2007   #15
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
I don't know man. I feel most have come to the realization that they were wrong. the others who are too stupid or stubborn to admit they were wrong have moved on to the Panthers message board because they were never real Texans fans to begin with. Other than Caddy, I can't think of any other poster that remains that is still deluded enough to think Carr is anything other than a very bad NFL QB with nice hair.
He had a nice tan as well this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #16
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Wow, the Defense usually was always in a tough position with Carr. It wasn't his fault O.D. fumbled the ball, yet he still apologized for the bad platy for the whole offense...

Like Carr said "Let somebody else do it."

Yeah really...
Exactly... I know it wasn't all Carr, but as the trigger man, the face of the franchise, the freakin QB, he has to be willing to take on the faults of others as his own.

That's quiet leadership, going over to the defense, saying "Hey, we screwed up, but we'll make it right."

accountabillity.... that's what we've been missing.

Well, David was always blaming the O'Line(sure, he never said it, but you could tell by what he did with the ball), and our OL(McKinney especially) was always trying to shoulder that responsibility.

Last edited by thunderkyss; 09-17-2007 at 11:19 AM.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #17
texaspride1977
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to texaspride1977 Send a message via Yahoo to texaspride1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Shouldn't it be 8 + 80 = 6 (TD)
You bring up a good point! Your approach to the equation is fairly straight forwarded and I like that. I do see, however, that all though the values you used in your equation will reach a result - there is one more value to consider which could make a big difference in certain instances. This value is a contributing factor to the first two that we have all ready discussed but ALWAYS has the potential to be used as an augmentation to a OL matrix to achieve a different result (see "B")

A. (8) + (80) = 6 + (3) = 7

I think you will agree, this equation is fully answered.
================================================== ====
B. [(80 + 74 + 69 + 44 + 76 + 30 + 70 + 73 + 81 + 83) + 8
] = Potential 6

If we augment (3) into the matrix, we have a good change of obtaining an immediate result - although not a high of a result as we fans may like:

[(80 + 74 + 69 + 44 + 76 + 30 + 70 + 73 + 81 + 83) + 8
] + (3) = 3 (FG)

lol Thoughts?
Old 09-17-2007   #18
texaspride1977
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Well said. Carr use to pee me of so much that I would just turn the TV off. It hurt to see the team try to pull things together and not have good solid leadership to show them the way. Schaub is heaven sent, thats all i can say. He shows compassion, character, and strength to the team. Some may say that it was nothing for him to take the blame for the bad play but the team as a whole found a new respect for him as a result.

One thing I keep hearing over and over again is "we believe in ourselves". The press kept asking "what did you do different" and the answer was the same every time - nothing. I really think this may be a result of Schaub's leadership - showing though.

A team united will not be divided but unification will never be achieved without quality leadership.
Old 09-17-2007   #19
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm guessing that you'd have a hard time finding those who complained about giving up a couple of second-rounders for this truly superb QB.
Old 09-17-2007   #20
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspride1977 View Post
You bring up a good point! Your approach to the equation is fairly straight forwarded and I like that. I do see, however, that all though the values you used in your equation will reach a result - there is one more value to consider which could make a big difference in certain instances. This value is a contributing factor to the first two that we have all ready discussed but ALWAYS has the potential to be used as an augmentation to a OL matrix to achieve a different result (see "B")

A. (8) + (80) = 6 + (3) = 7

I think you will agree, this equation is fully answered.
================================================== ====
B. [(80 + 74 + 69 + 44 + 76 + 30 + 70 + 73 + 81 + 83) + 8
] = Potential 6

If we augment (3) into the matrix, we have a good change of obtaining an immediate result - although not a high of a result as we fans may like:

[(80 + 74 + 69 + 44 + 76 + 30 + 70 + 73 + 81 + 83) + 8
] + (3) = 3 (FG)

lol Thoughts?
I think you need a drink at 9:20.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read