Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-10-2004   #1
Doom Capers
Veteran

Default Gaffney as #2

So has Gaffney completely taken #2 receiving spot from Bradford. Or is Bradford hurt again. I was just curious, becase on the web site's matchup against the Colts it had Gaffney in instead of Bradford.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004   #2
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Our starting WR corps might be #1 Andre Johnson, #2 Jabaar Gaffney, #3 Derrick Armstrong next season. That's a pretty decent crew right there, and if you throw in the fact that they're all younger than me (I'm 25), it could be a solid crew for a while. Bradford is still a deep threat, but for how much longer? Do we really want to renew his contract next offseason? I wouldn't think so, but who knows. I do know that Armstrong deserves a shot at the #3 spot.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

So did he lose his #2 spot to Gaff?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

It really doesnt seem like it would be that hard to find someone to replace bradford. he is one dimensional.. he runs for the long ball.. thats about it. Im sure we could find someone fast, with good hands.. who could run deep routes for us.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004   #5
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Im sure we could find someone fast, with good hands.. who could run deep routes for us.
Our 5th reciever, Kendrick Starling, dont forget about him...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004   #6
Doom Capers
Veteran

I thought they dropped Starling for another tight end?
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004   #7
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Starling and Thomas are both on the practice squad right now, but one of the Texans officials said he thought Starling had more potential than any WR on the team.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-10-2004   #8
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LiveForTheGame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle
Our starting WR corps might be #1 Andre Johnson, #2 Jabaar Gaffney, #3 Derrick Armstrong next season. That's a pretty decent crew right there, and if you throw in the fact that they're all younger than me (I'm 25), it could be a solid crew for a while. Bradford is still a deep threat, but for how much longer? Do we really want to renew his contract next offseason? I wouldn't think so, but who knows. I do know that Armstrong deserves a shot at the #3 spot.
I don't think they renew his contract next offseason. Look at the young talent we have at the position already...and then Thomas and Starling. We're pretty set for a long time.
LiveForTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read