Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-16-2007   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink We should have taken Bush

The Texans could have really used his 27 yards and 2 fumbles today.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We should have taken Bush

Well...

We do have Jameel Cook and he is cheaper.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #3
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I posted on another forum that Reggie Bush needs to get off my tv if he's gonna keep playing like he is and someone posted this:

"TRJ its two games in, he didnt score til 6 games in last season.. we saw how that ended up.. oh yeah, and keep that in mind for your texans too. Two games into the season and you havent lossed, ok, but week 5 youre going to be 2-3 whats your point?"

I love the people who think Reggie is jesus in cleats.
Old 09-16-2007   #4
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Reggie makes Jesus Christ go, "Jesus Christ!"
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #5
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
hahaha funiest thing i heard all day
Old 09-16-2007   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I posted on another forum that Reggie Bush needs to get off my tv if he's gonna keep playing like he is and someone posted this:

"TRJ its two games in, he didnt score til 6 games in last season.. we saw how that ended up.. oh yeah, and keep that in mind for your texans too. Two games into the season and you havent lossed, ok, but week 5 youre going to be 2-3 whats your point?"

I love the people who think Reggie is jesus in cleats.
The funny thing is he didn't look good last year either. I seem to remember him scoring most of his TDs in one game and all of those were within the 5 yard line.

Bush will go down as the most overhyped player in NFL history. He is all over the TV as you said and has NOTHING to earn that.

BTW Bush, "you're welcome!"
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #7
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
The funny thing is he didn't look good last year either. I seem to remember him scoring most of his TDs in one game and all of those were within the 5 yard line.

Bush will go down as the most overhyped player in NFL history. He is all over the TV as you said and has NOTHING to earn that.

couldn't put it any better
Old 09-16-2007   #8
Il_Bruno
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Il_Bruno was voted MVPIl_Bruno was voted MVPIl_Bruno was voted MVP

Quote:

yeah i know what you mean

At least Manning has earned his airtime. Sure, he's in a bazillion commercials and some of them are funny, but being the best QB in the game does that for you. What's Bush the best at? or even one of the best at?

but... in a way i feel for Bush because ESPN built him up to this huge "megastar" and now he's going to fall way short (although playing hardball with McNair when we were thinking about selecting him did nothing to earn his way into our hearts )
Il_Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Just to clarify, Bush scored 4 TD's against the Niners and had no other game with multiple TD's. He rushed 10 times for 37 yards and 3 TD's with his longest run being a 10 yard TD. He caught 9 balls for 131 yards and a TD and his longest was a 74 yard catch & run.

The Saints won that game 34-10.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #10
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

why?? i thought green and dayne were pretty good.... wait are you being sarcastic?

Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #11
TexanRevolution
Tejano Diablo

Rep Power: 12 TexanRevolution was voted MVPTexanRevolution was voted MVPTexanRevolution was voted MVPTexanRevolution was voted MVPTexanRevolution was voted MVP

Quote:
And don't forget a wonderfully composed 15-yd personal foul.
TexanRevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #12
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I have friends who aefans of other teams and they don't get why i rag on Bush so much. They raved about his ability as a decoy today. I was like....you mean... if your team drafted a decoy with the #2 pick of the draft you'd be happy?

I have nothing against the guy and i've said as much repeatedly. I just didn't like all the hype promoting him as the next big thing and lambasting us for not choosing him.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

a lot of people use the argument that Bush is just a decoy for the reason his stats aren't that impressive. but, when his stats are awful AND the team does nothing on offense, then you can't even use the decoy argument, because he's failing at that, too.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #14
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Reggie Bush is nothing more than an undersized WR. He's a slightly larger Eric Metcalf.
gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #15
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
LMAO! You're killing me.
Old 09-17-2007   #16
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Well...

We do have Jameel Cook and he is cheaper.

Jameel Cook was a beast on special teams yesterday. I just hope that's where he stays.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #17
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Payton is killing that team b/c he's fallen in love with the pass. he's simultaneously killing my fantasy team as well. Duece McCallister only 10 carries? really?
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Watching him on those commercials is starting to be comical. And then ESPN still puts him on their ultimate highlight, jumping over a guy for a 1 yard loss.
Old 09-17-2007   #19
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Watching him on those commercials is starting to be comical. And then ESPN still puts him on their ultimate highlight, jumping over a guy for a 1 yard loss.
that's who you should blame right there....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #20
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Payton is killing that team b/c he's fallen in love with the pass. he's simultaneously killing my fantasy team as well. Duece McCallister only 10 carries? really?
I think they were playing catch up though. That's what happens when you defense sucks and can't stop anyone from catching the ball.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read