Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

View Poll Results: Where should we go?
Let's go back to coaches, I like free food, my RSVP is below 5 62.50%
Let's find a new place, no food was not acceptable, my RSVP is below 1 12.50%
Let's go elsewhere, my RSVP and location choice are below 0 0%
I've never watched a game with the Blue Crew/Bullpen (and never will), but wanted to vote anyway 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2007   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Houston Watch Party VOTE

Ok, for those of you who have come to Coaches, or may come in the future, today was a SNAFU. The kitchen had problems, and essentially there was no food the entire game.

The owner said if we came back for the next game, the food would be on them. I propose we go back, take him up on his offer. Should there be problems, we can go elsewhere from there.

Please vote and RSVP (if you're coming).

ANYONE may come, please just RSVP We'd be happy to meet you!

I will verify this week, if we choose to go back - more wait staff, free food, and of course, reserved seats.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Last edited by Yankee_In_TX; 09-17-2007 at 10:59 AM.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #2
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 36624 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Watch Party VOTE

I know they had issues with the kitchen...I think we need to give them another chance...But they need to make sure that they also have more staff on hand to make sure that we don't have to wait 50-60 minutes to get a waitress to get a drink order for us.
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #3
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Ok, for those of you who have come to Coaches, or may come in the future, today was a SNAFU. The kitchen had problems, and essentially there was no food the entire game.

The owner said if we came back for the next game, the food would be on them. I propose we go back, take him up on his offer. Should there be problems, we can go elsewhere from there.

Please vote and RSVP (if you're coming).
They are having trouble waitressing drinks and food is an adventure. When you order food it takes so long and when you get it, it is cold. At some point is WAS hot but they apparently didn't have anyone to bring it to you except the overworked, undermanned waitress. All they need to do is hire one more waitress,

I am not sure free food is worth the aggrevation if you get it cold and don't have a drink to wash it down.

I will go where ever the group goes, but I would like to suggest the other bar who offered specials and a free round of drinks for a group over 10.
Old 09-16-2007   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Houston Watch Party VOTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
They are having trouble waitressing drinks and food is an adventure. When you order food it takes so long and when you get it, it is cold. At some point is WAS hot but they apparently didn't have anyone to bring it to you except the overworked, undermanned waitress. All they need to do is hire one more waitress,

I am not sure free food is worth the aggrevation if you get it cold and don't have a drink to wash it down.

I will go where ever the group goes, but I would like to suggest the other bar who offered specials and a free round of drinks for a group over 10.
I told Joe, we really don't want to go there, (been there before), I'd rather go back to Pub. BUT, hopefully, Coaches will work out. PENDING the outcomne of the vote I will go have a one on one with the owner before the next away game regarding food and service.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-16-2007   #5
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Yankee, you forgot one other possibility for voting....

"Let's give the owner one more chance to show he wants us and cares about our business."
Old 09-16-2007   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Should there be problems, we can go elsewhere from there.
*cough*
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-18-2007   #7
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

I will be in Galveston for that game. I will arrange everything. RSVP's:

Bill +2 (where were you Sunday?)
Ted and Kat
Jeff, Dean, Andy
Katie
Ka-Rhonda
Adam
Manuel

*cough* maybe some other people will step and RSVP for FREE FOOD!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I had something unfortunate happen Saturday at Buffalo Wild Wings. It involves stitches...
Old 09-18-2007   #9
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I had something unfortunate happen Saturday at Buffalo Wild Wings. It involves stitches...
Ohhh, that sounds like story time
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #10
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You know you can't just drop a post like that and log off....

FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

He's just baiting us that's what he does!

I'll go wherever the gang decide.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #12
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11836 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm willing to give them another chance. Sh!t happens, anyone who's worked in the restaurant biz knows that.

But if I have to wait two hours for an order of fried pickles again...that's another story.
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #13
Tedc
Hardheaded

Quote:
Were you wearing a UT shirt and some white shorts?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read