Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-16-2007   #1
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 10 random thoughts from Week 2

10 random thoughts from the halfway mark of Week 2

1) Where the heck were the defenses in the 'Natti v. Cleveland game? Holy smokes - >1,100 yard of offense? Nearly 100 points scored?

2) Was that an alternate uni that Pittsburgh was wearing? I almost threw up in my plate. Whoever dreamed that up should be fired.

3) Loving how CBS kept showing the same three obnoxious Panther fans when the Puddykats went up 14 nil. Loved it even more that once we starting dominating I didn't have to see them again.

4) Reggie Bush - 65 yards rushing and 50 yards receiving in two games. No touchdowns. So much for the fre flo do.

5) That left handed delivery from Leinart makes me confused. It just looks weird.

6) What the heck is going on with the St. Louis offense? I mean you'd think that Steven Jackson + Marc Bulger would equal a little more production than that. I know the receivers are banged up but c'mon.

7) Some people can't stand Chad Johnson and normally I hate showboats. That dude I like, though. Jumping into the Dawg Pound? That clanging sound you heard as he hopped from the stands was Chad Johnson's.... well, nevermind. And Cleveland fans throwing beer on him - man, I missed this game!

8) Was anyone else disappointed that David Carr didn't go in to relieve Delhomme?

9) You have to wonder if Eli Manning's shoulder was bothering him throughout the game. You can't blame the shoulder, though, on that last pick he threw to Green Bay's d-lineman. That was a bad case of "headupassitis."

10) Detroit up 17-7 on Minny. Could Kitna's prediction of a 10-win season be right on? I'm smelling a Houston v. Detroit Super Bowl! (or not....)

Direct TV's NFL Sunday Ticket kicks arse....
Old 09-16-2007   #2
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: 10 random thoughts from Week 2

my 10 random thoughts

1. AFC South = best division in football
2. Peterson > Bush
3. Packers might win their division
4. The Saints might have been a fluke last season
5. VY needs some receivers
6. Niners are winning like I thought they would be doing (picked them to win their division)
7. Cincy defense really sucks ass but they were lucky they played an atrocious offense on MNF.
8. Schaub is the real deal
9. the...Lions...might be for real?
10. Texans might make the playoffs
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #3
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Here are mine...

1. Calvin Johnson will be a superstar.
2. The Chiefs will have a top 5 pick in 1st round.
3. Trent Green is just about done.
4. Packers defense is really good.
5. Harrington is not the answer in Atlanta.
6. Buffalo is in for a long season.
7. Reggie Bush is an undersized WR.
8. Cincy D players should be ashamed of themselves.
9. Patriots are not the only NFL team that has cheated.
10. Something special might be brewing in Houston
gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #4
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

1. What's up with the Saints?
1. Go AD (Peterson)
3. Miami needs a football field
4. Cleveland--this isn't suppose to be
5. Is David Carr looking for an opportunity to start
6. I wish that Steve Smith was on my fantasy team
7. Texans will make the playoffs
8. Atlanta must be kicking themsleves for giving up Schaub
9. Congrats to Favre
10. Trent Green should be the Cowboys MVP
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #5
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry but I could only think of one.

1. Carr spends to much time fixing his hair in the mornings.
Old 09-16-2007   #6
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

1.come cincy its the browns!
2. Texans to the Playoffs!
3. Carr....
4. AJ and Green better be ok
5.Screw the rest

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #7
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post

Did you get the feeling he was nervous he might have to put his hat on and muss his hair?

Or was that just me?
Old 09-16-2007   #8
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

1) Oakland/Denver - 52 yard FG, OAKLAND WINS!! Uh...timeout. Kick again...DOINK! OT...Denver wins!!!!

2) Carr's white glove is pretty.

3) 400 yards passing and 6 TD passes and you lose the game. That's gotta suck.

4) Belicheat must have had tons of video tape on the Chargers.

5) What DID happen to the Saints??

6) Why is everyone so high on the Bears? It was just the Chiefs.

7) Football/Baseball stadiums suck, but Romo and the 'Boys have some timely hitting and their closer slams the door....errr....uh....

8) The more you run, the better chance you have to beat the Colts. Of course, you've got to hold onto the ball.

9) Did the Steelers really used to play in those duds??

10) THE HOUSTON TEXANS ARE 2-0 BABY!!!!!!

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

the steelers unis are the throwbacks to the 60's.

houston is going to make the playoffs.

reggie bush isn't just ineffective, he's also hurting the team.

don't think we'll be seeing brady quinn for a while.

hopefully we'll see john beck soon in miami. not that trent green is bad, per se, but miami looks like a bottom 3-5 team, so go ahead and plug him in there and have some fun.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here are mine.

1. I can't believe I ever liked David Carr. Seeing him on the sidelines in Carolina, in that powder blue, was embarassing.
2. The Panthers looked terrible yesterday, but when you play with the Saints, the Buccanneers and the Falcons, you are pretty much a gimme to make the playoffs
3. The AFC South is loaded this year
4. The Jaguars have really fallen off from last year. Barely beating the Falcons? Embarassing
5. The Saints were a fluke last season. Their offensive line looks like they took about 10 steps back
6. The Greenbay defense is something to watch
7. The vaunted Cowboys are going to disapoint a lot of people this year. They had to outgun the Giants and the Dolphins. They have no defense.
8. The niners and the Lions are both 2-0. Who woulda thunk it? I haven't bought into the niners yet though
9. Joe Addai and Maroney are 100x better than Reggie Bush. Too bad NO
10. And most importantly, the Texans are 4-0 in their last 4 starts. Get ready Houston
Old 09-17-2007   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
7. The vaunted Cowboys are going to disapoint a lot of people this year. They had to outgun the Giants and the Dolphins. They have no defense.
hardly. miami's offense did nothing in the game, save for one drive to start the third.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #12
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post

houston is going to make the playoffs.
i hope so
Old 09-17-2007   #13
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 116519 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans didn't roll over - Sweet
Chargers f-ed up in letting Schottenheimer go
Chargers REALLY f-up in hiring Norv Turner
Dallas can score on anyone
Anyone can score on Dallas
David Carr, ease up on the hair gel.
David Carr - are you checking for dust on the field? If so that would explain the stupid gloves.
Drob-Smallest Guy/Biggest Hitter
Are there any dentist is Carolina?
I have to use 2 tv's in order to fit Manning huge horse head.
Old 09-17-2007   #14
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
David Carr - are you checking for dust on the field? If so that would explain the stupid gloves.

maybe he's auditioning for CSI.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #15
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post

This was the only thing I could think of whenever I looked to check the Hou-Car game and they kept showing Carr on the sideline.

jlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlam View Post
This was the only thing I could think of whenever I looked to check the Hou-Car game and they kept showing Carr on the sideline.

Hey, a Wood Duck! I've got a few of those mounted on my wall. Beautiful bird!
Old 09-18-2007   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

That duck's been in the water too long. He's got some serious red-eye.

1. This could be a very exciting season for the Texans.

2. Steve Smith is just plain tough.

3. Who is Reggie Bush?

4. You have to wait for like 4 years for a DL to learn his position in the NFL--and then there's Okoye.

5. Matt Schaub can complete a 15 to 20 yard pass faster than David Carr can take a snap.

6. Our team has viscous hitters, but we don't always wrap up when we should.

7. Schaub didn't just throw that one pass too high. He has a habit of it. It's the biggest thing he could work on right now.

8. The Panthers DO have a very tough front 7, AND OUR O-LINE DOMINATED THEM.

9. Green might not get 100 yards in a game all season. It's not a lack of performance--they're keeping him healthy.

10. THE COLTS ARE GOING DOWN!!!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #18
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I'll add one following the Monday night game.

The Eagles look absolutely awful.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #19
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
I'll add one following the Monday night game.

The Eagles look absolutely awful.
I agree totally, and it was one of the rare times that I was rooting for them.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read