Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-20-2007   #61
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Titans and Saints lose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I could ask you don't think your GM has his head up his ass and call what they did in the offseason as improvements.
You could but it would just further prove you have no clue when it comes to football.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #62
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm laughing my ass off, because I STILL have no idea what you are talking about!!
Old 09-20-2007   #63
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
You could but it would just further prove you have no clue when it comes to football.
Attack the post, not the poster. Or is that a road that does not go both ways?
Old 09-20-2007   #64
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'm laughing my ass off, because I STILL have no idea what you are talking about!!
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40247

Other people on the board seem to get it.

Old 09-20-2007   #65
2ToneBlue
Veteran

Some great posts in here.... keep it up, I'll watch Elmo dance
2ToneBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #66
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The 4 toed creap at the end of your D-line. I figured they just attached a peg leg to the thing so he can play.
Maybe you should attach a dictionary to your hip so you can spell.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #67
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Attack the post, not the poster. Or is that a road that does not go both ways?
Fair . but in all honesty to call a team that is 1-1 less then a team that started 0-5 last season could be pointed out in an argument against a fundamental understanding of the game.

You add that we have played 2 divisional games putting up 282 yards, a franchise record in 'rushing yards against' on a team that is known for its run D and a held a prolific scoring team to 22 points with a defense that ranked 32 in the league last season.

Again one might question how much you comprehend the sport. Do not look at this as an attack but an answer to the question without elaborating.

Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2007   #68
real

Quote:
Fair …. but in all honesty to call a team that is 1-1 less then a team that started 0-5 last season could be pointed out in an argument against a fundamental understanding of the game.

You add that we have played 2 divisional games putting up 282 yards, a franchise record in 'rushing yards against' on a team that is known for its run D and a held a prolific scoring team to 22 points with a defense that ranked 32 in the league last season.

Again one might question how much you comprehend the sport. Do not look at this as an attack but an answer to the question without elaborating.

Whoa...Talk about comprehension and fundamental understanding...

I don't think you have provided any sound evidence that your team is better this year.

The Colts blew out the Saints. The Bucs blew out the saints. Was the Colts victory really that impressive ?
I wasn't that impressed at the time, and we'll see if my sentiments hold true.

You guys ran all over the Jags. We freaking own the Jags. Because a team is "known" for something doesn't mean they will be strong in that area from year to year. The Texans are known for a poor offensive line and losing games. Or should I say were known...

We held a team (the Panthers) that was known for having a great D-line, to no sacks, and no big plays...

I'd consider that a much greater accomplishment than holding a "prolific scoring offense to 21 points"....21 points ? Is that really an accomplishment ?

How about the fact that you guys didn't make the plays when you needed to make them...When you had last years Super Bowl champs on their heels ? That'd worry me a little bit...shows a lack of the ability to take advantage of opprotunities and go for the jugular...

And you guys were 0-5 with Collins...Not VY...

You guys went 2-0 the first two games VY started last year, so in actuality you guys have done worse.
Old 09-20-2007   #69
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by real View Post
You guys went 2-0 the first two games VY started last year, so in actuality you guys have done worse.
If this were a true statement then the Titans would have made the playoffs last season ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_y...id=20061001010

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_y...id=20061008011

Old 09-20-2007   #70
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea... you obviously know nothing about football!!!!!!!!

But no, Vince's first start was a blowout vs Dallas (Fat Al's infamous stomp)

and his second he almost beat the Colts in Indy.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #71
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40247

Other people on the board seem to get it.
I had a feeling thats who you were talking about, but wasn't sure given how he's playing this season... He's got one less TD than "his highness" has and a better attitude. He also has more TD's than the NFL's poster boy RB. Not to mention a couple of sacks....

So, if he's doing all that with 4 toes, I don't want him to have 5....
Old 09-20-2007   #72
real

Quote:
If this were a true statement then the Titans would have made the playoffs last season ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_y...id=20061001010

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_y...id=20061008011
My bad....

I didn't think VY started until week 6...shows I'm not really a Titans fan...

But anywho...You guys gave up more points to the Colts last game than you did in two contest last year....

Using your method that still shows regression...
Old 09-20-2007   #73
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Or it shows the Colts' progression.

I don't think it says anything, really.
Old 09-20-2007   #74
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Fair . but in all honesty to call a team that is 1-1 less then a team that started 0-5 last season could be pointed out in an argument against a fundamental understanding of the game.
Seems pretty silly to compare against the Titans at the beginning of the season rather than as the entered the offseason or by the season as a whole. Heck by that standard the Texans have improved leaps and bounds over the first 5 games last year.
Old 09-20-2007   #75
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post

I don't think it says anything, really.
Me neither.
Old 09-20-2007   #76
Bulluck53
All Pro

Haha...
Old 09-20-2007   #77
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by real View Post
My bad....

I didn't think VY started until week 6...shows I'm not really a Titans fan...

But anywho...You guys gave up more points to the Colts last game than you did in two contest last year....

Using your method that still shows regression...
Yes holding the defending Super Bowl champions to 2 of 3 of there lowest scoring outputs last season and 3 of 6 in the last two season is really sign of slipping.

Old 09-20-2007   #78
2ToneBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I had a feeling thats who you were talking about, but wasn't sure given how he's playing this season... He's got one less TD than "his highness" has and a better attitude. He also has more TD's than the NFL's poster boy RB. Not to mention a couple of sacks....

So, if he's doing all that with 4 toes, I don't want him to have 5....
How long do you plan on trying to use that "Mario scored on someone else's forced fumble so he's the greatest thing since sliced bread"

He was lucky to get it, and running it in uncontested isn't saying a whole lot. He's a lineman, why are you even attempting to throw up scoring stats for a DE? Just plain silly, but hey

If he gets one or two more scores this year it'll be a pretty good accomplishment, but lineman usually only score once in a great while. Running backs, and QB's will always score more TD's than DE, but then I'm sure you'll say "He's got more sacks than RB and VY"

Mario is on pace for about 50 tackles and 8 sacks...wohoooooo (and that average will fall after Sunday). Nice though to see how the Titans have more sacks against Hags and Colts than you do against the Chefs and Hags. I'd say the Chef's line is a weeeee bit worse than the Colts line, to put it lightly.
2ToneBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #79
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Seems pretty silly to compare against the Titans at the beginning of the season rather than as the entered the offseason or by the season as a whole. Heck by that standard the Texans have improved leaps and bounds over the first 5 games last year.
I do not think many people would argue against that comment. Would you? I mean the smell around here is no longer cow pie but a hint of hope. That should speak for itself.

Old 09-20-2007   #80
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I do not think many people would argue against that comment. Would you? I mean the smell around here is no longer cow pie but a hint of hope. That should speak for itself.
What I was really trying to get at is an offseason should be judged by the state of the franchise at the end of the last season v. the next season. By that standard, the Titans lost a lot--maybe they have adequate or better replacements (probably not for Pacman)--time will tell. Doesn't look like it on paper.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read