Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-16-2007   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Amobi Okoye: 2 Sacks

His first sack he laid a nasty hit on Delhomme...that was a nice move to split the lineman and beat them with speed. The 2nd he forced that fumble that we couldn't recover. What I noticed about him is when he tackles the QB or makes a hit on the QB he absolutely smothers them. He doesn't just hit you and leave you on the ground to pick yourself up...he hits you and absolutely smothers you until the whistle. I like that alot. You know that makes the QB tired and frustrated.

Some thoughts from some other people about his performance today...
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Amobi Okoye: 2 Sacks

The 2nd sack had more to do with Mario than Amobi.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #3
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Did we even blitz today?
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Okoye looked really good out their today. I was a little worried early on how our defense would look with TJ being inactive & Zgonina getting the start. The line played great today. Mario was very active, Okoye made a huge impact, and they looked like a big time front seven today.

The O-Line needs credit too. They did a good job of making Carolinas front seven look very mediocre. Peppers didn't have nearly the impact in the game that I expected. Great all around job by the big guys in the trenches. Go Texans!
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #5
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
The O-Line needs credit too. They did a good job of making Carolinas front seven look very mediocre. Peppers didn't have nearly the impact in the game that I expected. Great all around job by the big guys in the trenches. Go Texans!
Alot of people on the Texans deserve alot of credit this game.

I am interested in knowing what people think about our D-line this year and Okoye's performance today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
The 2nd sack had more to do with Mario than Amobi.

I didn't have the greatest view because I was at a sports bar and the Texans game was on their smallest TV in the back wall. From what I saw...it looked like they were both getting pressure but Okoye closed on him quite fast and just got his arm out to hit Delhomme's arm before he could go through his throwing motion.

I was pretty impressed with Okoye today...and our whole D-line really. We aren't missing Babin very much if anyone is keeping track. We are highly more effective in the pass rush this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
Did we even blitz today?
I didn't see too much blitzing...I think the coaches just saw that our D-line was getting pressure pretty consistantly...unless we were playing a deep zone defense like we did at the end of the game. Even then Maddox got to Delhomme.
Old 09-16-2007   #6
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never seen us get pressure on the QB like we did today. No real blitzing, we just dominated the Panthers O-line. We'll destroy the NFL for years to come with this D-line. Wow is all I can say.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #7
HotRodsHair
The Newbie

I thought the DL looked stellar today. They took away a very potent Carolina rushing game and made the Panthers one dimensional. They played physical, applied pressure and did so without exposing the defense with blitzing. The front four were constantly rotated and fresh and controlled the line. They held good gap control and if you noticed Carolina wasn't able to exploit miss-direction due to over pursuit. They held the gaps and shut down the running game. If they can do that against Carolina, they can do it against any team.

This was a very impressive win. Do you guys think Kubiak will give them Monday and Tuesday off for a 14 point win despite the late TD by Smith? I thought it was impressive enough to qualify.
HotRodsHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2007   #8
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

He also tipped the ball a couple of times.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #9
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Is there an offense that can actually run on us? I don't think so. Rick Smith and Kubiak have set this franchise up to be a force in the NFL for years to come.
Old 09-16-2007   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
Is there an offense that can actually run on us? I don't think so. Rick Smith and Kubiak have set this franchise up to be a force in the NFL for years to come.
Don't get too excited. We play San Diego this year. If we stop LT from having a significant day...then you can start saying things like that.
Old 09-16-2007   #11
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
Next week Peyton, Marvin, Reggie, Addai, and Freeney come to town. Time to start getting ready for them.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #12
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
Did we even blitz today?
I only remeber 1 for sure.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #13
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

HOUSTON TEXANS
Old 09-16-2007   #14
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Next week Peyton, Marvin, Reggie, Addai, and Freeney come to town. Time to start getting ready for them.
The Colts don't scare me as much anymore. We're finally a real NFL team. It's worth the 5 years of sub-standard football play I've seen.
Old 09-16-2007   #15
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

I smell another DROY going to a Houston player...
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully we see more of this throughout the year. The front 4 were nasty
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #17
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like we finally have a pass rush.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #18
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Way to go kid...
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #19
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Amobi's first sack was awesome. Jake got layed out.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #20
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Oh yeah, Amobi can't even drink legally. Can y'all imagine what kind of force he'll be when he's older?

It's never felt so good to be a Texans fan.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read