Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-16-2007   #1
jswitzer1
Rookie

Default Schaub: Stand behind him!

I am an Atlantan that was laughrd off the call-in radio show two years ago when I recommended on the air to start Schaub over Vick. Put Vick in the slot I had recommended. I am glad Houston has Matty and I am now a Houston fan. But remember this: All QB's will make a bad play or two. What will make you a successful franchise is STAND BEHIND YOUR QB! I promise you will be well rewarded!!!
jswitzer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #2
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub: Stand behind him!

Now they're not laughing in Atlanta, they're crying.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #3
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

oh they made one of the biggest mistakes they have ever made by giving us schaub

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #4
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswitzer1 View Post
I am an Atlantan that was laughrd off the call-in radio show two years ago when I recommended on the air to start Schaub over Vick. Put Vick in the slot I had recommended. I am glad Houston has Matty and I am now a Houston fan. But remember this: All QB's will make a bad play or two. What will make you a successful franchise is STAND BEHIND YOUR QB! I promise you will be well rewarded!!!
The timing was perfect to land Schaub. Thanks Rick and Kubes for pulling the trigger early on that trade(Thanks Mckay also). If not Atlanta still might have Schaub.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #5
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87001 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

The old regime got fleeced by the Raiders for Pukechanon, we fleeced the hell out of the Falcons for a very good QB. Thank god for a quality GM.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #6
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonFan View Post
oh they made one of the biggest mistakes they have ever made by giving us schaub
Don't forget Atlanta traded Favre also!! Great track record so far. Here's to hoping Schaub outdoes Favre
Old 09-16-2007   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

In Schaub We Trust.

Really, I can't believe someone this good was available for trade. Since Petrino was never around Schaub, I guess he can be forgiven for making the deal. Who knew? But, the Bird's GM Rich McKay had seen Schaub over 3 seasons. What a blunder.
Old 09-16-2007   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Want to know something really hilarious?

There are still some draftniks around here that still think Smith/Kubiak gave up too much to get him.

Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #9
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Want to know something really hilarious?

There are still some draftniks around here that still think Smith/Kubiak gave up too much to get him.

Probably not anymore.
Old 09-16-2007   #10
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
In Schaub We Trust.

Really, I can't believe someone this good was available for trade. Since Petrino was never around Schaub, I guess he can be forgiven for making the deal. Who knew? But, the Bird's GM Rich McKay had seen Schaub over 3 seasons. What a blunder.
The1ApplePie knew.

I remember he suggested Schaub would be a good replacement for Carr sometime during last season...on the old board. Nice call Apple!
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw some power rankings this week that were saying that Schaub looked like a back-up QB.

What does a guy gotta do to get some love?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #12
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I saw some power rankings this week that were saying that Schaub looked like a back-up QB.

What does a guy gotta do to get some love?
If Schaub was the qb for a larger market team like the New York Giants we'd get sick of hearing all the love he'd get.
Old 09-16-2007   #13
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Hate to do this...but it's been two games. Let's not proclaim Shaub our saviour JUST yet. Give him a few more games and we'll see. Even Carr had his days. I'm not saying that I'm NOT pumped that Shaub is doing so well...it's just...we've been screwed before. Cautious optimism for me.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #14
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Good point buddyboy , I'm being cautiously optimistic .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #15
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 475 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Hate to do this...but it's been two games. Let's not proclaim Shaub our saviour JUST yet. Give him a few more games and we'll see. Even Carr had his days. I'm not saying that I'm NOT pumped that Shaub is doing so well...it's just...we've been screwed before. Cautious optimism for me.
It doesn't take more than a few games for me to see that Schaub is ten times the quarterback that David Carr is. He doesn't get happy feet under pressure. He is a bigger, stronger player with a prototype ( not sidearmed ) delivery, and he has the intangibles that Carr never had (confidence, respect from teammates, leadership, etc. ). I believe the Texans hit the jackpot with this guy.....
kcdoubleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #16
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Don't be too cautious man.....In 5 years, the Texans under Carr never put up 34 points, Andre Johnson never had a 75+ yard TD pass, and Carr never could make the same looks Scaub has been able to do. Seriously, how many times during these 2 games have you said to your self "Carr never would have made that throw or seen that guy downfield"? He may not be our savior, but I've seen more in Schaub in 2 games than I saw in Carr in 5 years.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #17
RamRod
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
Don't be too cautious man.....In 5 years, the Texans under Carr never put up 34 points, Andre Johnson never had a 75+ yard TD pass, and Carr never could make the same looks Scaub has been able to do. Seriously, how many times during these 2 games have you said to your self "Carr never would have made that throw or seen that guy downfield"? He may not be our savior, but I've seen more in Schaub in 2 games than I saw in Carr in 5 years.
RamRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #18
False Start
On # 69

Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I was just listening to the national show on 610 , and a caller from Houston called in and I was like cool we are gonna hear something good . Instead , the guy hated on us . He said that KC is the worst team etc , and that Carolina is pretty much a one dimensional team with Jake to Steve Smith , and that they are a team on the decline . To my surprise both of the host shot right back at him and said they thought the Texans were legit , and that winning is contagious and they are calling them "The Darlings Of The NFL" . Pretty cool IMO , just thought I would pass that on .

Old 09-16-2007   #19
False Start
On # 69

Oh yeah , Dunta is gonna be on here in the next hour , these guys are still giving the Texans love . The one host cant quit talking about them and saying hes jumping on the Texans bandwagon . Its on 610 AM .

Old 09-16-2007   #20
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
Not to mention that it's the first time we've gone 2-0.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read