Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-15-2007   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Louisville

HA. HA. HA. HA.

So, your lack of a defense is FINALLY going to drop you in the polls. Stupid pollsters.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Louisville

Wow, WHAT an ending. Tipped, caught, down on the 5, time over.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #3
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Louisville

Today was a hell of a day in college football....and the capper was ND getting it served to them on a platter!!!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #4
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

Everyone's overrated...except App. State.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109412 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex King View Post
Everyone's overrated...except App. State.
And LSU.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #6
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

The 2 things I got from this game... 1) Brian Brohm is over-rated 2) Andre Woodson is going to be a starter in the NFL.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exithios View Post
The 2 things I got from this game... 1) Brian Brohm is over-rated 2) Andre Woodson is going to be a starter in the NFL.
they're both top 10 picks and will be great.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2007   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109412 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes.. yes, of course.

I can see how throwing for 366 yards & 2 TDs makes you overrated.

Especially when you consider that Brohm is almost single-handedly carrying a team with absolutely no defense. I see what you mean.
Old 09-19-2007   #9
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

I'm glad you see it my way. I would hate to have to compare it to David Carr's success with Fresno.
Old 09-19-2007   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

there's pretty much no reason to think Brohm is overrated, unless you think being rated as the #1 prospect in the nation right now means he's overrated, and that he should be #2 or #3.
Old 09-19-2007   #11
Exithios
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
there's pretty much no reason to think Brohm is overrated, unless you think being rated as the #1 prospect in the nation right now means he's overrated, and that he should be #2 or #3.
That is a better assessment as to what I was trying to say. I won't say that he is not any good or won't be successful in the NFL by any means, but I do not see him as being the best quarterback in college. He is being hyped similarly to Reggie Bush and after watching the Kentucky/Louisville game I just saw too many flaws in his delivery as well as his pocket presence.

He over throws too many wide open receivers, he thinks too hard while making his check downs (I saw one particular play where the TE and #2 w/o were wide open and he thought about which one to throw too for way too long), and he throws off of his front foot which drives me nuts. I was much more impressed by Lamar Woodson. He throws an unbeliveably accurate and tight spiral with tremendous velocity.

Many of the dropped passes by the Kentucky w/o's were due to the bullets that Woodson was putting right in their chests and the receivers just couldn't hold on. This will translate well to the NFL receivers.

Brohm may go top 5 due to some needs at the QB position in the NFL but I don't think he will be the first QB taken.

My $0.02

P.S. I am going to speculate that Atlanta and Oakland will be drafting 1 and 2 and that Atlanta will take a QB that will translate to their offense, presumably Andre Woodson.

Last edited by Exithios; 09-19-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-19-2007   #12
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
That is a better assessment as to what I was trying to say. I won't say that he is not any good or won't be successful in the NFL by any means, but I do not see him as being the best quarterback in college. He is being hyped similarly to Reggie Bush and after watching the Kentucky/Louisville game I just saw too many flaws in his delivery as well as his pocket presence.

He over throws too many wide open receivers, he thinks too hard while making his check downs (I saw one particular play where the TE and #2 w/o were wide open and he thought about which one to throw too for way too long), and he throws off of his front foot which drives me nuts. I was much more impressed by Lamar Woodson. He throws an unbeliveably accurate and tight spiral with tremendous velocity.

Many of the dropped passes by the Kentucky w/o's were due to the bullets that Woodson was putting right in their chests and the receivers just couldn't hold on. This will translate well to the NFL receivers.

Brohm may go top 5 due to some needs at the QB position in the NFL but I don't think he will be the first QB taken.

My $0.02

P.S. I am going to speculate that Atlanta and Oakland will be drafting 1 and 2 and that Atlanta will take a QB that will translate to their offense, presumably Andre Woodson.
I also like Andre Woodson more than Brian Brohm.

I like him more than "Lamar" (???) Woodson too.
Old 09-19-2007   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He is being hyped similarly to Reggie Bush
are you kidding me? it's not even remotely close to that. he's not even close to Brady Quinn hype.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read