Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default HPF:King-a-Ling

Ric went off

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/slant/slant86.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #2
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: HPF:King-a-Ling

Wow. I hope his keyboard is still intact. Good rant though.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #3
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

What did Nick Nolte say in North Dallas Forty ?

Oh yea ... far out .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #4
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Bush and VY rookie seasons were a little above average to me, but the media spun it like we were watching two future HOF guys just reinvent football or somethin...especially Bush.

VY had to earn his respect but once the media got behind him they started to spin it to "All he does is win."

Mario, Bush, and VY still have ways to go to reach their potential if they ever will, but the media spun it like VY and Bush were 80% there...

While Mario...well it seems like the Media just thinks he fails at life which is ironic...since they were hyping him up as the best Defensive player in the draft that year...just once we took him over who they wanted to be their number 1 pick then their agenda started to take off.

You can even see it now, Mario had a great day and some ESPN guy has the nerve to say "There giving him gifts!?!?" not only that if Bush did what Mario did or VY did what Mario did at their own position, there would highlights of it too the moon and debate on how great they are....what we get with Mario...

"Good game fella." and barely a mention on most of the NFL talk shows.

Its not really a big deal, but if Mario has a bad day sunday, you can bet some guy will call his KC performance a fluke.

I do have to give props to te guys who have always supported him (Tom Jackson and Michael Smith are the first two to come to mind.) but I know 97% of those guys want Mario to fail just so they can laugh at us and say "I TOLD YOU SO!" Just like Apple.

Also I'd like to add that DeMeco didn't get enough props from them last year, he had a better rookie season than both of those guys. He's the only guy you can actually compare his stats to ANY LB in the NFL and say "Wow...this guy is a rookie." if anything ESPN should have been giving all the Bush Praise to DeMeco. Demeco was hardly mentioned, only time he was mentioned was when the talk of DROY came up...other than that and maybe a playoer of the week award, ESPN didn't give him the props he deserved. I forgot the stats but it has been a LONG time since a rookie LB had a year similar to Meco's...I forgot it though.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #5
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

fantastic rant, I wholeheartedly agree with Ric on that one
Old 09-16-2007   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

What took Ric so long? King has talked trash about the Texans since they entered the league.
Old 09-16-2007   #7
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
What took Ric so long? King has talked trash about the Texans since they entered the league.
Mentioning about Starbucks coffee is enough to certify a sports writer like King as trash.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2007   #8
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Reading that really woke me up this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #9
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
I do have to give props to te guys who have always supported him (Tom Jackson and Michael Smith are the first two to come to mind.) but I know 97% of those guys want Mario to fail just so they can laugh at us and say "I TOLD YOU SO!" Just like Apple.
Most of the media just wants big stories, so they like the extremes. The rise from poverty, the fall from grace. It's why we were pounded over the last week with stories about two 0-2 college football teams. It's why I don't think John McClain could be considered a true Texans fan. Don't worry. If we do turn the corner this year, they'll be all over this team like white on rice.

That rant was simply...inspiring.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #10
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Can I get a "HELL YEA"!
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read