Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2007   #1
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Loving me some Jaws

I always thought he was the smartest of the bunch.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent
Old 09-15-2007   #2
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Loving me some Jaws

More love from a few guys with big mouths.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/notebo...daycountdown07

I hope these guys are right.
Old 09-15-2007   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to point this out.

These guys are "experts" and they all definitely know more about football than I ever will. BUT. In our TexansTalk pick'em league, we've got 7 people who were 12-4 or better including a 14-2. But of these experts, the best were 12-4. Eric Allen is an "expert" and he went 6-10?

I've been in leagues like this for years and normally, I score higher than most experts. Normally, several guys score higher than the experts. Sometimes it's not even people who know what they're doing. One guy (who doesn't know much about football) took all the experts and put together a conglomeration of their picks and dominated; the next year, he tried the same thing, and did horrible.

This whole expert thing is a bit over-rated when it comes to picking games.

That's all I'm saying.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

It's just a guess. Any schmoe can make a guess. They've got a fifty-fifty chance of getting it right. Now they can make an educated guess, I understand that but it's still just a guess.

Anything can happen on gameday is basically my point.
Old 09-15-2007   #5
Cats
Rookie

i don't put any stock in expert picks, they show just as much bias and homerism as we do on the message boards. Keyshawn for example, the Texans could start Mario at QB and he would pick them to win....understandable though, the Panthers did do him wrong....can't blame the guy for being a tad sore.
Cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #6
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes it seems these guys say things just to be trendy . This team has been so bad , for so long , that it is gonna take awhile for them to get some respect . It happened with the Bengals , it can happen with us .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
i don't put any stock in expert picks, they show just as much bias and homerism as we do on the message boards. Keyshawn for example, the Texans could start Mario at QB and he would pick them to win....understandable though, the Panthers did do him wrong....can't blame the guy for being a tad sore.
Yeah, when I looked at his pick, I didn't even think about his history with the Panthers.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2007   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes, I don't think they care so much about trying to make the right picks. I think what they care about is picking the teams they think the overall average fan in the United States wants them to pick.

This means that East/West coast teams are going to be overrated continuously--although I wouldn't apply that to Carolina, because I'm kinda talking the biggest cities on the coasts.

PS--Houston would be double screwed, because of the humidity as well. Thank God we're not a smaller market, or we'd be put down even worse.

PSS--it does help that our cheerleaders are hot.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #9
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Haha, Keyshawn is still bitter about being cut . . .
Old 09-15-2007   #10
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'd like to point this out.

These guys are "experts" and they all definitely know more about football than I ever will. BUT. In our TexansTalk pick'em league, we've got 7 people who were 12-4 or better including a 14-2. But of these experts, the best were 12-4. Eric Allen is an "expert" and he went 6-10?

I've been in leagues like this for years and normally, I score higher than most experts. Normally, several guys score higher than the experts. Sometimes it's not even people who know what they're doing. One guy (who doesn't know much about football) took all the experts and put together a conglomeration of their picks and dominated; the next year, he tried the same thing, and did horrible.

This whole expert thing is a bit over-rated when it comes to picking games.

That's all I'm saying.

I went 13 - 3 last week. Missing Atl vs Minn Miami vs Wash and Carolina vs Stl.
Old 09-15-2007   #11
Jackofalltrades
Rookie

For what it's worth, most of these same "experts" picked the Rams over the Panthers last week.
Jackofalltrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #12
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackofalltrades View Post
For what it's worth, most of these same "experts" picked the Rams over the Panthers last week.
Yeah well, and most of them picked the Panthers over the Texans this week, so...
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #13
Jackofalltrades
Rookie

Finally came to their senses. They figured out that Carolina actually has an offense and the D is as reliable as always.
Jackofalltrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #14
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackofalltrades View Post
Finally came to their senses. They figured out that Carolina actually has an offense and the D is as reliable as always.
You're D is not so reliable now, huh?
Old 09-16-2007   #15
feebleminded

Rep Power: 9068 feebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
I always thought he was the smartest of the bunch.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent
Heard around Bristol:

Yeah, he is a real Norman Einstein
feebleminded is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read