Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2007   #1
brickman
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 brickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVP
Default I'm Pumped!!!!!

I just started rooting for the TEXANS (am a former Jet fan who jumped ship). I've got my Demeco Ryans jersey, Texans shorts and a full array of snacks and beverages to settle in tomorrow and watch the Texans kick some Panther butt. I'm really excited. As a new fan what should I be looking for (other than a win)? I know the defense is young and awesome. What else should I know?
brickman
brickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #2
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 59 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I'm Pumped!!!!!

Things to look for...

Jerome Mathis on Kick-Off Returns
Jacoby Jones on Punt Returns
How quickly Matt Schaub gets rid of the football
How Andre Johnson tramples through the secondary
Mario gets at least 1 sack. My prediction, 1.5

Are you a Texans fan in New Jersey?
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #3
brickman
Rookie

Actually I am a brand new Texans fan in Upstate New York (located in Bills Country). Have been a Jets fan for 30 years and finally had enough of that sick organization. I decided to become a Texans fan because they are an up and coming, exciting team and no one up hear roots for them. I ordered my Demeco Ryans jersey on Monday and it arrived Thursday. I'm excited! Looking forward to rooting for them tomorrow and forever!!!!!
Old 09-15-2007   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Look for Dunta Robinson to put somebody bigger than him flat on their back.

Hope that Salaam and Ahman Green stay healthy.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #5
da.texans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedinkle View Post
Things to look for...

Jerome Mathis on Kick-Off Returns
Jacoby Jones on Punt Returns
Jacoby jones on big recieving touch down
How Andre Johnson tramples through the secondary and catch a touchdown pass from our new QB
Mario gets at least 1 sack. My prediction, 1.5
green/dayne rushing for atleast 150 yards and a touchdown

Are you a Texans fan in New Jersey?
there i fixed for you
da.texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 147467 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickman View Post
I just started rooting for the TEXANS (am a former Jet fan who jumped ship). I've got my Demeco Ryans jersey, Texans shorts and a full array of snacks and beverages to settle in tomorrow and watch the Texans kick some Panther butt. I'm really excited. As a new fan what should I be looking for (other than a win)? I know the defense is young and awesome. What else should I know?
brickman
Welcome aboard!

Owen Daniels could be a great TE in the making.

All offseason people have been saying that Andre Johnson is our only receiving threat and we have no #2 receiver. Look for Jacoby Jones and Kevin Walters to see if one of them can step up.

Our weaknesses at the moment are:
1. Safety where we've had a lot of injuries
2. Our #2 CB, Faggins, is a good nickel but we've got questions about him at #2. We've got a young kid, Bennet, that we're hoping is starting by the end of the season.
3. Our OL. Everyone loves to hate our offensive line. So keep an eye on how good or bad they play.
4. Our DL. Our defensive coordinator doesn't want to blitz. He wants our D-line to get pressure just rushing 4. Mario will bounce around from side to side; he's not a speed guy, he's a strength guy. Amobi is playing his second game and we're not sure how good he's going to be at holding the point. He's still SOOOOO young. Anthony Weaver has been injured and missed pre-season, he didn't do much in the Chiefs game.
5. Ahman Green. Is he washed up or does he have something left in the tank?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually I am a brand new Texans fan in Upstate New York (located in Bills Country). Have been a Jets fan for 30 years and finally had enough of that sick organization. I decided to become a Texans fan because they are an up and coming, exciting team and no one up hear roots for them. I ordered my Demeco Ryans jersey on Monday and it arrived Thursday. I'm excited! Looking forward to rooting for them tomorrow and forever!!!!!
Welcome. Be prepared to despise the Tacks and Cowboys if you stick around.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2007   #8
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Welcome. Be prepared to despise the Tacks and Cowboys if you stick around.
Amen. You can't be a true Texan fan unless you do.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #9
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome! I think maybe you have joined just in time. This might be the right time to be a Texan fan. I've been a fan since the NFL granted Houston a franchise in 1999. We have been through some low times but that will make the next few years that much special.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #10
brickman
Rookie

Thanks for the welcomes and well wishes. I'm really excited about this team, especially their young and aggresive defense. I already despise the "glittery" Cowboys.....who are the Tacks?
Old 09-15-2007   #11
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 51471 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm so ready for tomorrows game . It seemed like this past week went by soooooooo slow . This time tomorrow , I'll be doing 12 oz curls and kicking back in the Lazy Boy !

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #12
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks for the welcomes and well wishes. I'm really excited about this team, especially their young and aggresive defense. I already despise the "glittery" Cowboys.....who are the Tacks?

The Titans because they have a "Tack" in their logo. Not really but it looks like one.

Old 09-15-2007   #13
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
The Titans because they have a "Tack" in their logo. Not really but it looks like one.
I'd say it's because they're the tacky team of the NFL.

Welcome new Texan fan! Always glad to have another one. Get on these boards and talk some football! The guys here are pretty amazing at time.
Old 09-15-2007   #14
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I'd say it's because they're the tacky team of the NFL.

Welcome new Texan fan! Always glad to have another one. Get on these boards and talk some football! The guys here are pretty amazing at time.

That too!!! Bud Adams is pretty tacky.

Old 09-15-2007   #15
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 61157 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Amen. You can't be a true Texan fan unless you do.
I don't think that's completely true, lol.
Old 09-15-2007   #16
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The Titans are also known as the "meatballs!"

Not much LOVE in the hearts of most TEXAN fans for Dallas or Tenn. Welcome to the board!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #17
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedinkle View Post
Things to look for...

And how he runs the Play Action and Bootlegs. The other teams D is going to have be alert!
Old 09-15-2007   #18
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
I don't think that's completely true, lol.
Yes it is. There is no room for VY worship as a true Texans fan. He plays for Bud. That makes him guilty by association. No self-respecting Houston fan would ever root for the Cowgirls either. Call us Titan and Cowboy bigots if you want. We wear the moniker proudly.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #19
Danish_bull
Rookie

Well i join the same boat like the other guys. All the way from Denmark i have decided to follow this team much more than ever. So why not just join the team now?

Any information i should know about the team, whitout these things there allready has been said?.

(Sorry for my bad english, but im working on it, so please be a little bit patient)
Danish_bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #20
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 51471 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish_bull View Post
Well i join the same boat like the other guys. All the way from Denmark i have decided to follow this team much more than ever. So why not just join the team now?

Any information i should know about the team, whitout these things there allready has been said?.

(Sorry for my bad english, but im working on it, so please be a little bit patient)
NICE ! Are you originally from here ? Good to see the team getting some support over seas .

I sent a friend of mine who I met online , a Demeco Ryans jersey and a hat . He in return , sent me a Manchester United jersey and hat . It was a pretty good trade .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read