Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2007   #1
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Madden '08 week 2 prediction....

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames...nfl?id=3017421
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #2
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP
Default Re: Madden '08 week 2 prediction....

The mighty Madden has spoken... and so it shall be written.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #3
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice post bitchslap pose Green has in that snap shot.
hookinreds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #4
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

I'll Take It . . .
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #5
Studdard64
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Studdard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like Kris Brown is going to have a big day, unless there's a safety in there somewhere that is.
Studdard64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Despite an 11-for-17, 117-yard, two interception performance by Houston quarterback Matt Schaub, the Texans improved to 2-0 for the first time in franchise history. Ironically it was Schaub who led the way. Trailing 14-13, Schaub connected with wide receiver Andre Johnson for a 40-yard touchdown pass with 5:31 remaining in regulation to give Houston its first lead since the second quarter.

After a two-point conversion attempt failed, it was up to Mario Williams and the Texans defense to preserve the victory. On its ensuing possession, Carolina quarterback Jake Delhomme moved the Panthers inside Houston territory, but was forced to settle for a 55-yard field goal by kicker John Kasay. It was a gamble that backfired for the Panthers. With 1:26 remaining in the game Carolina failed to recover the onside kick on the ensuing kickoff and never regained possession. Steve Smith led Carolina with seven receptions for 111 yards and one touchdown, while Houston's Ahman Green ran for 99 yards and added a score of his own.
Pretty good game overall... had the 19-14 lead before Kasay's FG attempt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #7
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

55 yard field goals? lawl. yet another example of that 'incredible' Madden AI....

i'd love to get the game but its still 60 bucks....i made a choice, madden or bioshock...i chose the latter.

i will have to wait for Madden to come out used or on sale around Christmas...right around when the playoff race heats up for the mighty Texans
Old 09-14-2007   #8
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

I refuse to play Madden until they get the Texans' ratings right. They're currently ranked as the worst team (67). Anyone know when the next roster update is scheduled?
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #9
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
I refuse to play Madden until they get the Texans' ratings right. They're currently ranked as the worst team (67). Anyone know when the next roster update is scheduled?
If that is correct then Madden should be ashamed. There is no way that the Browns nor the Raiders are better then the Texans.
Old 09-14-2007   #10
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

My game was 21-17 and it was played in the rain. The AI seem to run alot of toss plays for foster. I had the best sucess running away from Peppers or throwing at his side as her blitzed. I had to depend on a late turnover for the win. It was close.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #11
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
55 yard field goals? lawl. yet another example of that 'incredible' Madden AI....

i'd love to get the game but its still 60 bucks....i made a choice, madden or bioshock...i chose the latter.

i will have to wait for Madden to come out used or on sale around Christmas...right around when the playoff race heats up for the mighty Texans
Sorry to go off topic but you made a good choice. I played a little of Bioshock on the PC and it's fantastic, definitely worth 60 bucks ... unlike Madden games, which are essentially the same game as the previous year with updated rosters.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #12
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
August, 2008.

TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #13
big homey
Veteran

Quote:
I think updates come out every 4-5 weeks or so.

I do alright using the Texans online; my main tip is to abuse OD, and combo his routes with AJ.
Old 09-14-2007   #14
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

there was a roster update on the 20th of august...madden should have another one coming in a month or so

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/09...roster-update/

Just to name a few that jumped out at me:
WR Jacoby Jones – 69 to 73 OVR
S Will Demps – 84 to 81 OVR

not sure how that will effect our rating, maybe after we beat the Panthers they will raise our rating

on a non-Texans side note Vick is gone
ChrisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #15
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
there was a roster update on the 20th of august...madden should have another one coming in a month or so

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/09...roster-update/

Just to name a few that jumped out at me:
WR Jacoby Jones 69 to 73 OVR
S Will Demps 84 to 81 OVR

not sure how that will effect our rating, maybe after we beat the Panthers they will raise our rating

on a non-Texans side note Vick is gone
I disagree with them changing the roster into the season. It just doesn't make sense to me. They should have a final roster for the regular season, and leave it there.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #16
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

wow guys this is tite, but like this will acutally turn out this way...no

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #17
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

When I played the Texans won by 100 points. Of course I was playing on "rookie".
Old 09-15-2007   #18
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

11-17 for 117 yards 1TD and 2 INT? I thought we got rid of Carr.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #19
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like madden is gonna need a major texans overhaul
Old 09-16-2007   #20
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

2-0. Looks like their predictions are right on spot though

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read