Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-14-2007   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Madden 2008 (need a pointer or 2)

OK, I don't play this often however I have a modded Xbox and copied Madden 08 from Blockbuster to the hard drive. So, I decided to start playing a Texans season in All Pro mode. The default mode was too easy as I was blowing out teams like 56 to 7, etc. However in the All Pro mode I cannot pass the ball effectively to save my life. I can run real well and shut down teams on D but in the inability to have a passing game is killing it for me. One problem is Schaub. The Madden folks didn't think too highly of him. His accuracy rating is in the low 60s. With Schaub the ball is always off target or sailing which often leads to an INT. So my question is, is there a way to go in and improve Schaub's rating to make him a better QB? Also, besides his rating being in the tank is there something else I can do to be better at passing. Is there a button to push to catch the ball or should that be on auto? Sometimes the passes bounce off my receiver.

BTW, no I didn't go through training camp, run all the drills, etc. I also don't have time to study the film of my opponents. I don't have the patience for all of that. I just want to jump in and play. I am thinking they are making these games too real now. If it is all that involved I think I will just go back to playing FIFA.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #2
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Madden 2008 (need a pointer or 2)

You have to be extra good at reading the coverages this year with Madden if you are talking about the 360.

Because the LBs that play zone seem to be as good as the CBs and will tear any ball you try to bullet pass up the middle to shreds.

It seems if you use the QB Vision Cone it will increase the accuracy a bit. Thing is Schaubs isn't that big (Mannings covers the whole field) and its kind of hard to read coverage, move the cone to to the receiver and throw a bullet or touch pass depending on the situation.

The game is really hard on default, us sports gamers use sliders to fit our playing skills and needs. Like going in and decreasing defensive awareness and increasing QB accuracy.

I don't know if you are talking about the 360 version or the Xbox version though, but since you talked about the difficulty of passing I am guessing the 360 version. If you have a really good QB it isn't that hard, but with guys like Schaub you have to read coverages down to a tee it seem.

One pointer I found out is...if you ever catch Andre being covered by one man, throw it to him and he'll make some amazing catches.

I don't know how to improve him without training him, the CPU progresses players depending on how good they are compared to their peers(like same draft class). I've seen Mario go up like 3 points and become a finesse DE and i've seen Jacoby develop into a "Hands" or possession WR over a few years.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't gotten my copy yet, but a friend of mine was complaining about not being able to adjust stats.

I guess we will just have to wait for the eggheads over at EA to figure out that Schaub is the next Favre.

TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #4
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
I haven't gotten my copy yet, but a friend of mine was complaining about not being able to adjust stats.

I guess we will just have to wait for the eggheads over at EA to figure out that Schaub is the next Favre.

You just have to wait for the roster update, which probably should be here in the 4th week.
dskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #5
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskillz View Post
You just have to wait for the roster update, which probably should be here in the 4th week.
That, training him before every game & having the best possible season stat wise with him will help, Meaning trying not to throw too many Int's keeping his completion % up etc. the reason for having a fairly good season with him is critical is b/c when the computer does progress him, they'll more likely progress him the max as opposed to downgrading him more if he has a garbage season.

But really it's just something that you have to work through for that season. I'm STILL playing on All pro & i'm having the same trouble as you, even though i'm used to playing on all madden.

I personally don't mess with the sliders, b/c it messes with your game when you're playing head to head with someone else, which i do often. I just adjust my game accordingly until i get good enough to play the type of game i like to play.

Last edited by Mr teX; 09-14-2007 at 10:12 AM.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #6
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

What is everyone's gamer tag for 360 Live?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #7
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Madden 2008 (need a pointer or 2)

In GENERAL, the game isn't very fun with a team that is ranked low. I played the Texans on 07 all the time and found it tough to complete passes and to win in general. Randomly one day I played Adam, used the Charges, and suddenly EVER pass was landing.

So, IMHO your hands are tied to the numbers the programmers put in, to an extent.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2007   #8
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
What is everyone's gamer tag for 360 Live?
WoodlandsDoug

btw - Bioshock is great and is a must have.
Old 09-14-2007   #9
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
In GENERAL, the game isn't very fun with a team that is ranked low. I played the Texans on 07 all the time and found it tough to complete passes and to win in general. Randomly one day I played Adam, used the Charges, and suddenly EVER pass was landing.

So, IMHO your hands are tied to the numbers the programmers put in, to an extent.
I do believe you could create a 'custom player' named Matt Schaub and try and make it look like him and same number and stuff, adjust the stats then sign him as a Free Agent. just an idea though
Old 09-14-2007   #10
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
WoodlandsDoug

GamerTag= CHRIBETH
gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #11
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
WoodlandsDoug

My son has already beat BioShock, twice. I have not played it but it looks cool.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #12
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

madden 08 kicks ... i play so much, my favorate to play with are the titansi run so much with VY.

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #13
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't have Madden 08 so please excuse me if I'm wrong. Usually you can change the settings for the AI team on the game settings options. You maybe be able to change the settings to where the defensive backs are not picking off everything or your receivers catching more passes than they are currently. Hope it helps. I still think Madden 2005 was the best so far. I still play that even though I have Madden 2007.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read