Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-13-2007   #1
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default eagles want thier superbowl ring

And they should get it

http://www.yahoo.com/s/676284
Old 09-13-2007   #2
jaybird
Veteran

Default Re: eagles want thier superbowl ring

Goddell just ruled as well... Pats fined 250k, Bill 500k, and they lose next year's #1 if they make the playoffs and their #2 and #3 if they do not.
Old 09-13-2007   #3
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Noblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNoblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

this is pretty weird in light on recent disclosures:

Quote:
Sheldon Brown and the Eagles hoped a blitz would rattle Tom Brady.

One problem: Every time the Eagles rushed Brady in the Super Bowl, the Patriots nullified the defensive attack with screen passes. Lots of them. On almost every play defensive coordinator Jim Johnson called for a blitz, the Patriots used the short pass to confuse the Eagles.
Old 09-13-2007   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

maybe all the patriots cheating themed threads should be merged
Old 09-13-2007   #5
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is not a patriots cheating thread numbskull it is a thread about the eagles and how they want thier ring

I guess that dragon aint so powerful
Old 09-14-2007   #6
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
This is not a patriots cheating thread numbskull it is a thread about the eagles and how they want thier ring

I guess that dragon aint so powerful
tell me, why do the eagles want their ring?
Old 09-14-2007   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

If there's other proof of the Patriots cheating, then I think Goodell will punish the Patriots and Belichek more. These fines were just for this one incident I believe. I can't imagine the NFL isn't looking even deeper into this issue.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2007   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
If there's other proof of the Patriots cheating, then I think Goodell will punish the Patriots and Belichek more. These fines were just for this one incident I believe. I can't imagine the NFL isn't looking even deeper into this issue.
Agreed. I'm in no way taking sides on the Pats or anything..but this punishment if for this one incident. They were filming for future planning not for 'in-game' strategy.

As far as the Eagles go, There would need to be "Indisputable Evidence" (lol) that the Pats used 'illegal' video footage/ spying/ def. play calls, etc. to counter the Eag's blitzes.

Does seem very suspicious to me though.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

The Eagles lost. Screw them. I am not pimping the Patriots, but the fact is, if you are standing across the field, you are looking at the other teams coaches and their signals anyways..... Videotaping is a bit much - sure. But still - don't tell me Texans assistant coaches aren't watching the opposing teams coaches...

Note to Eagles.... Win it outright or STFU!!!
Old 09-14-2007   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Agreed. I'm in no way taking sides on the Pats or anything..but this punishment if for this one incident. They were filming for future planning not for 'in-game' strategy.
That's not necessarily true. If they can pick up signals in the 1st quarter or half, they will use them within the same game later on.
Old 09-14-2007   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, if you watch McNabb's news conference, he says something like "Well, maybe we can get our ring back." And he says it totally deadpan. After a few seconds as the reporters are processing what he said, he smiles really big at them.

He was just joking around about it.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
Well, the only way they will get a ring is too buy one. Not crying about being beat. Now Pats got the Maximum Fine and the 1st forfeiture on the draft ever. So, add that too their shame that they are getting... Let's play some football.

Well said, caddy. The Eagles players sound like a bunch of sore losers. Andy Reid said the win was 100% legit and his team just got soundly beaten. End of story.
Old 09-14-2007   #13
m.clizzle
Rookie

Being the biggest Eagles fan on this board, i can tell you

WE WANT OUR RINGS.

Thanks for posting Joe.

http://mattclarke.dns2go.com
m.clizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #14
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

You can't change history. You can only affect their future but I feel there needed to be a suspension as well of 2-3 games.

The fines and future draft pick don't have enough backbone.
Old 09-14-2007   #15
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Well said, caddy. The Eagles players sound like a bunch of sore losers. Andy Reid said the win was 100% legit and his team just got soundly beaten. End of story.
I agree. When we played football in high school we studied tape and learned that out of certain formations and defensive sets there were certain plays coming. We would bust teams before the play happened. These guys study this stuff day and night. Add to that that stealing signals through binoculars or whatever isn't uncommon and I'm sure every team has tried to get the upper hand. Using videotape was over the line and the fine and loss of picks was deserved but the Eagles need to get over it and maybe blame their out of shape QB for not getting them set quick enough.
Old 09-14-2007   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
That's not necessarily true. If they can pick up signals in the 1st quarter or half, they will use them within the same game later on.
It takes time to analyze the calls and tie them to the play, and then compare all the variables to when the same play is called, same signal is used, etc. I never watch football signals, are they like baseball? In baseball I've been given upwards of 20 signals and am just focusing on 1. They can use that signal as much as possible turning the 'bunt' sign (for example) to on/off/on again/ off again, etc. of course that was kyle chapman which is fairly simple and no teams are stealing signals at that age...i reckon.

These are pros probably trying to analyze, so completely understand where you're coming from and do agree to an extent. I just feel it would be next to impossible to make a turn around within the game, that quickly. Given that there isn't going to be that many signals in only 1 qtr.

NYJ had the ball 3 times in the 1st qtr. Their first drive was unsuccefull but they picked up a first down or two. The last two drives were 3 and out. So there was little info to be gained.

Again though, i do hear you. If the pats could interpret those signals, they definitly would try and use them in the 2nd half
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #17
Jackofalltrades
Rookie

Panthers lost the SB on a last second FG, I think we're entitled to the title of World Champs for 2003.

Former Panther says Brady knew when and where the blitzes were coming from...

For me, it's water under the bridge.
Jackofalltrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I just feel it would be next to impossible to make a turn around within the game, that quickly. Given that there isn't going to be that many signals in only 1 qtr.
Couple points. First, these guys probably had the camera real time downloading to a computer so other people could analyze. Second, they probably aren't trying to decipher every signal. What they are looking for are the specific signals for formations/blitzes/coverages they think they can exploit.

For example, against KC the Texans players and coaches saw what appeared to be a weakness in a coverage with the safety not coming over to the middle of the field. They drew up that play with AJ that resulted in the 77 yd TD. It would be really nice to not only see the same formation, but by knowing the signals, know the same coverage was called. The other classic example would be blitzes--teams will give a WLB blitz several times but it will only happen on some of the plays. Review one where it goes and one where he backs off to see the signals and then on the next plays with that look you have an advantage.

Remember, in a typical football game the result can hang on 2-3 plays changing the course of the day.
Old 09-14-2007   #19
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder waht Wade Wilson is thinking right now? He gets suspended for 5 games for taking HGH to help him "get up", and "The Hood" gets a fine.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #20
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't know it was the Eagles style to cry like little babies.

I agree with the Commish 100%. There was no evidence that the tape was going to be used during the game. Innocent until proven guilty.

Oh, and Elle.... how can you even argue that he should have been suspended, in comparison to players. Newsflash, chicka.... The players who got suspended by Goodell were CRIMINALS. Belichick did nothing illegal, but he did violate the NFL Bylaws. There is a HUGE difference.
TexansLucky13 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read