Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2007   #1
kplo
waterboy

Default Ever wondered what life is like for the long snapper?

Now you can ask him.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/ballz/foot/long_snaps/

I'm the web editor at the Houston Press, and, yes, I admit, this is a shameless plug, but I just thought y'all might like to submit questions to Bryan Pittman.

Dude's been pretty candid so far.
kplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: Ever wondered what life is like for the long snapper?

shoulda gone with the punter...
Old 09-13-2007   #3
kplo
waterboy

Perhaps, but I think it's pretty interesting that this guy literally sees the action upside down.
kplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kplo View Post
Perhaps, but I think it's pretty interesting that this guy literally sees all the action upside down.
i was just joking. pittman and turk are my two favorite texans hands down.
Old 09-13-2007   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kplo View Post
Now you can ask him.

I'm the web editor at the Houston Press, and, yes, I admit, this is a shameless plug, but I just thought y'all might like to submit questions to Bryan Pittman.

Dude's been pretty candid so far.
Thanks for posting! The Press is one of my favorite reads, even if I don't agree with half the stuff you guys write.
Old 09-13-2007   #6
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Thanks for posting! The Press is one of my favorite reads, even if I don't agree with half the stuff you guys write.
do you agree with the ads in the last few pages?
Old 09-13-2007   #7
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
You mean there's other pages in the Houston Press?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2007   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
That's the half I agree with!
Old 09-13-2007   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

My only regret in life is that I never felt the thrill of executing a long snap. Hopefully one day I will be able to go to the Long Snapper Fantasy Camp and live the dream.

Pittman rules.
Old 09-13-2007   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
My only regret in life is that I never felt the thrill of executing a long snap. Hopefully one day I will be able to go to the Long Snapper Fantasy Camp and live the dream.

Pittman rules.
I was a long-snapper in grade school.

Before I shattered my arm because of a cyst in the bone and ended my football career.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #11
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Long Snapper in the NFL is my dream job...did it through high school. SI has a nice little read on Denver's Mike Leach.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #12
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

My favorite part.

__________________________________________________ _____________
JCF: How is life different as a Houston Texan this year now that Matt Schaub is the quarterback?

BP: Schaub brings a laidback, poised, successful attitude. Everyone can see that and everyone is comfortable with him. So itís definitely a better change. It probably should have happened two years ago, but now that the change has happened weíre progressing forward.

JCF: Did you feel like it was something that should have happened two years ago?

BP: Yeah.

JCF: Was that the general feeling in the locker room?

BP: Yeah, I think it was. I donít want to speak for any of my teammates who were here at that time, but I think that was the general consensus.
Old 09-14-2007   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
My favorite part.

__________________________________________________ _____________
JCF: How is life different as a Houston Texan this year now that Matt Schaub is the quarterback?

BP: Schaub brings a laidback, poised, successful attitude. Everyone can see that and everyone is comfortable with him. So itís definitely a better change. It probably should have happened two years ago, but now that the change has happened weíre progressing forward.

JCF: Did you feel like it was something that should have happened two years ago?

BP: Yeah.

JCF: Was that the general feeling in the locker room?

BP: Yeah, I think it was. I donít want to speak for any of my teammates who were here at that time, but I think that was the general consensus.
And my favorite part (in bold) of your quoted favorite part. "A laidback, poised, successful attitude" is hilarious. That's as close as I've seen to a Texan standing there and saying that David Carr brought a tense, inept, losing attitude to the team. That's a pretty harsh indictment and I doubt he would be saying it if there wasn't a grain of truth in there.
Old 09-14-2007   #14
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
And my favorite part (in bold) of your quoted favorite part. "A laidback, poised, successful attitude" is hilarious. That's as close as I've seen to a Texan standing there and saying that David Carr brought a tense, inept, losing attitude to the team. That's a pretty harsh indictment and I doubt he would be saying it if there wasn't a grain of truth in there.
No kidding...it's nice to know our QB understands that not everything will go perfectly on the field and that getting sacked will sometimes happen. Sometimes we'll get penalties. Other times, a QB will throw a pick. Schaub understands that to freak out and panic when something like that happens- rather than own it and adjust and get up and play the next down-is not going to do anything but hurt the team as a whole.

Throwing the INT and then the next series going deep to AJ to show that he's not scared showed a lot about Matt Schaub, in my opinion.
Old 09-14-2007   #15
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Ever wondered what life is like for the long snapper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
A long snapper? Well I asked a very tall girl. She said it was no big deal to it.
How wonderfully inappropriate, LMFAO!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #16
fritz145
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 fritz145 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotfritz145 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Speaking of the Press, the same dude who interviewed Pittman just posted his week 2 picks:

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/ballz/...picks_week.php

Not bad... good for a laugh or two. And his opening week picks were kinda funny, too, although he seems to have some sort of obsession with Britney. But I guess the Press lives for the pop culture stuff:

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/ballz/...f_light_on.php
fritz145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #17
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

On the Fox news 1st & 10 they are following Pittman around....it had clips of him long snapping a loaf of bread into a grocery basket at the store and snapping a football into the hoop on a basketball court.

edit: it was bagels, and he hit the long snap from half court! Also long snapped the reporter in the face as he drove by in a SUV.

Last edited by YellerLotYeller; 09-15-2007 at 12:25 AM.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #18
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

long snapper....ha

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read