Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2007   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Ebay PSL's

WOW.

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-HOUSTON-TEXANS...QQcmdZViewItem

Not only asking $12,500 for 4 PSL's, but charging $19 for shipping!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #2
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ebay PSL's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
WOW.

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-HOUSTON-TEXANS...QQcmdZViewItem

Not only asking $12,500 for 4 PSL's, but charging $19 for shipping!
I believe this guy probably paid $600 per seat for the PSLs if he is the original PSL owner, which means $2,400 in cost ownership.

That's a lot of markup.

I am going to watch this one.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #3
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

You know things have gotten out of hand when you have to pay just for the right to buy something. This guy is on crack and those seats are pretty lame.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #4
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
You know things have gotten out of hand when you have to pay just for the right to buy something. This guy is on crack and those seats are pretty lame.
They are actually very good seats, I should know.

What is lame is his asking price.

But, maybe he will find a buyer. I have a feeling he is just wasting his money on ebay fees.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #5
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-PITTSBURGH-STE...QQcmdZViewItem

He also has these up for sale.
Old 09-13-2007   #6
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if he actually finds someone to buy them for that price. . . and if he does hell I've got to become very good friends with them. Too much money and no common sence.
Old 09-13-2007   #7
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't ya love living in a free market society...

I'm hoping to get $10,000 each for mine some day. Some people buy PSL's as an investment. I can't see anything wrong with that.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2007   #8
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

what are psl's?

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #9
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Permanent Seat License. The license was offered when the stadium was under construction which in addition to holding a season ticket, the purchaser would be guaranteed the same seat for about 30 years and each name on a nice wall outside of the stadium. It was a one-time fee and PSL holder would only need to purchase season tickets each year for the license to remain in effect.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #10
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Non-PSLS pretty much get the same things except the name on the wall. Once they have tickets they are offered the same seats EVERY YEAR at face value.
Old 09-13-2007   #11
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless that seats psl sell and then you are moving
Old 09-13-2007   #12
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Unless that seats psl sell and then you are moving
Not if you are in a non-psl section. Of course...they could always make some non-psl section psl sections...which would suck.

I've had the same seats since year one...and I don't own a PSL. Of course my section is not as close to the action as some of the other PSL sections...but I love it none the less.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #13
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeLotPole8 View Post
Non-PSLS pretty much get the same things except the name on the wall. Once they have tickets they are offered the same seats EVERY YEAR at face value.

However, you can only get the premium seats with a PSL.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #14
Texan_Lee
Lost for now...

Rep Power: 18 Texan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to Texan_Lee Send a message via MSN to Texan_Lee

What good does it do buying just the PSL's?

Buyer: "Oh yea, I own 4 PSL's for the Texans games..."

Friend: "Really? How many games have you been to?

Buyer: "Um, none... I only own the PSL's, not the tickets that come with those seats"

Ex-Friend: "Dumm A$$, later!"
Go Texans!!! Go Bull Pen!!!
Section 116 - Row D
Texan_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #15
Texan_Lee
Lost for now...

Rep Power: 18 Texan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to Texan_Lee Send a message via MSN to Texan_Lee

Hush!!! I know that's not the case, I just had to make a wise-crack post to the ***** that pays that for the 4 PSL's...

Yes, I do know it gives the owner the rights to purchase tickets...

I'm just in a piss-someone-off mood right now...
Go Texans!!! Go Bull Pen!!!
Section 116 - Row D
Texan_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #16
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I started playing around on e-bay and saw 4 tickets to the same row I am on.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #17
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Ebay PSL's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
I started playing around on e-bay and saw 4 tickets to the same row I am on.
I bet those are the 3 I sold when I bought my 116 seats. Lying bastard....
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-14-2007   #18
Historyhorn
Veteran

Rep Power: 39 Historyhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy's Texans PSL's are WAY overpriced. A few years of winning would change all of that and make them a bargain, but right now, if anyone bids on that auction, they are a fool.

The Steelers PSL's are somewhat closer to being a good deal. Maybe a little overpriced, but not too bad. The Steelers have a loyal and rabid nationwide fan base. They have been very successful over the last decade. Their stadium is rather smallish for a team with such a following, and it is next to impossible to get any tickets for regular season games from the team. Their waiting list is decades long and people pay massive amounts over face value for Steelers tickets. At just under 20k, it'd probably take about 8-10 years to make your money back if you sold all of the tickets to the regular season games. Maybe 4-6 if they have a couple of deep playoff runs thrown in there.

Eagles, Bears, & Steelers PSLs are some of the priciest in the league on the secondary market.

Go Texans
Historyhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #19
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Cool Re: Ebay PSL's

You'd be surprised what I paid for 116 H PSL's after a 2-14 year.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-14-2007   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Lee View Post
What good does it do buying just the PSL's?

Buyer: "Oh yea, I own 4 PSL's for the Texans games..."

Friend: "Really? How many games have you been to?

Buyer: "Um, none... I only own the PSL's, not the tickets that come with those seats"

Ex-Friend: "Dumm A$$, later!"
LMAO... Nice touch with the "Ex-friend"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read