Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2007   #1
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Carr providing Texan bulletin board material?

http://canadianpress.google.com/arti...78h93CdGSxKt_Q

Quote:
And yet Carr thinks he was the happiest player on his team after last Sunday's 27-13 win over the Rams.

"To tell you the truth, we wouldn't have won in that situation," Carr said Wednesday of the Texans. "I don't know a lot of teams that would have won in the situation, to go up and beat a good team like St. Louis in their home opener.

"This is what I signed up for - to be on a football team like this and hopefully somewhere down the line get a chance to play."
(sigh)

Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #2
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4741 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carr providing bulletin board material?

He's right. The Texans with Carr at QB probably would've lost a game like that. Good thing for us he's a backup in Carolina.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"It was a situation that got so big with the draft and everything that happened in the last 15 months, I was happy to get out of there, to tell you the truth," Carr said. "You're disappointed, but you have to move on. I'm on a good football team now and I'm happy where I'm at. I'm enjoying what I'm doing and enjoying football again."

Even though he's not playing.
What I hear in this quote is that he is happy to give up his starting QB job to be a back up for Jake Delhomme .

I guess he's admitting that he couldn't stand the heat so he had to get out of the kitchen. I have to give it to him for fessing up that his heart and head weren't in the game, but looking back and reading this, good riddance.
Old 09-13-2007   #4
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
http://canadianpress.google.com/arti...78h93CdGSxKt_Q

(sigh)

he said some other stuff that was just as bad. i am going to look for it and post it in this thread. i saw him say it on ABC13 last night in an interview at his locker room. i am sure kubes will use it to motivate the team and especially Mario.
Old 09-13-2007   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And a chance to be even a bigger help this week. Carr knows the ins and outs of the Texans under Kubiak better than anyone. In a league where teams go to great to get an edge on an opponent - see the New England spying case - Carr could have a lot to offer the Panthers' coaching staff.

"If they ask the right question, I'll give them the right answer," Carr said. "I've got a lot of knowledge. But Gary is going to tweak it a little bit. He understands where I'm at right now and he knows what I know."
Watch out, Carr might give up both pages of his playbook from the Texans.
Old 09-13-2007   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

David Carr is a friggin jackass that needs some sense knocked into him. I hope he gets on the field and we take his arse out, however, his patent Fresno Flop will certainly protect him from injury and mussing up his hair.

Quote:
"To tell you the truth, we wouldn't have won in that situation," Carr said Wednesday of the Texans.
Old 09-13-2007   #7
real

David Carr is a clown.
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2007   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is this not in the NFL section?
Old 09-13-2007   #9
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"It was a situation that got so big with the draft and everything that happened in the last 15 months, I was happy to get out of there, to tell you the truth," Carr said. "You're disappointed, but you have to move on. I'm on a good football team now and I'm happy where I'm at. I'm enjoying what I'm doing and enjoying football again."

Even though he's not playing.
Well of course he is happy - who wouldn't be? Relatively big bucks to look pretty, carry a clipboard, and no responsibility whatsoever? I'd take that job in a heartbeat. Hayull, he doesn't even have to get his hair messed up with those pesky helmets.

As to "being happy to get out of there," ...for sure he wasn't the only one celebrating. David just forgot to add that part.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #10
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

What I hear in this quote is that he is happy to give up his starting QB job to be a back up for Jake Delhomme .

I guess he's admitting that he couldn't stand the heat so he had to get out of the kitchen. I have to give it to him for fessing up that his heart and head weren't in the game, but looking back and reading this, good riddance.
yup. that was the quote I saw on ABC last night. basically he is whining about the draft and the fact that the Texans picked up his option making him a little less than 20 million in the process. Oh life is so hard Davey....how did you manage? Then he talks about how he is happy to be out of there and with a good football team now. He doesnt hold himself accountable whatsoever and if he wants to look at the last 15 months, why doesnt he look at the previous 48 or the fact that he was largely to blame because of his lack of dedication, lack of work ethic, lack of leadership, lack of being a good teammate, and lack of basic rudimentary football skils. KHANNNN!!!!

that quote basically says 'we screwed up drafting Mario then everyone wanted VY or Bush and it hurt my feelings so it wasnt my fault. Now I can still collect money, not work hard, and nobody is on my case because I don't even play football anymore.'

what a pile of dogcrap this guy is. please for the love of God let him get on the field Sunday. I want to see this guy get his ass whooped once and for all....nothing would make me happier than see his candy ass get knocked out for the season or get waived after showing total ineptitude.....all he needs is a chance and he will show how pathetic he is at QB and what a big pussycat he is. anyone who believed in this pile of feces should now finally be able to come to terms with just how pathetic he is.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 09-13-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Because....we play Carolina this week?
Old 09-13-2007   #12
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
And a chance to be even a bigger help this week. Carr knows the ins and outs of the Texans under Kubiak better than anyone. In a league where teams go to great to get an edge on an opponent - see the New England spying case - Carr could have a lot to offer the Panthers' coaching staff.

"If they ask the right question, I'll give them the right answer," Carr said. "I've got a lot of knowledge.
Carr: "Watch for the dump off or 3 yard hitch passes"
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #13
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The implied bulletin board belongs to the Texans and it is cathartic for some. Sad and demented, but cathartic.
Old 09-13-2007   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
"It will be different but I've worn these colours now and I'm kind of used to the Panthers," Carr said. "I kind of like what we did last week and I'm pumped up."
I like it when the back up QB is "pumped up".

I'm glad he's "kind of used to the Panthers" now, being they give him a paycheck and all.

And he "kind of like what we did last week". It seems so black and white, you like it or you don't. But somewhere in the middle - in the 'kind of like' section of life - we find David.
Old 09-13-2007   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Because....we play Carolina this week?
I know...but..damn, I get angry just seeing his queer name.

I'd care more for the ant that bit my balls than I do for this waste oxygen.
Old 09-13-2007   #16
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I know...but..damn, I get angry just seeing his queer name.

I'd care more for the ant that bit my balls than I do for this waste oxygen.
agreed....thankfully the mental midget is just giving us LOADS of bulletin board material and finally letting the 2 or 3 remaining Carr apologists know that Carr doesnt care about anything or anyone but himself. He doesnt care about the Texans, the fans that stood by him, the Panthers, or football for that matter.
Old 09-13-2007   #17
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post
Well of course he is happy - who wouldn't be? Relatively big bucks to look pretty, carry a clipboard, and no responsibility whatsoever? I'd take that job in a heartbeat. Hayull, he doesn't even have to get his hair messed up with those pesky helmets.

As to "being happy to get out of there," ...for sure he wasn't the only one celebrating. David just forgot to add that part.
His job is even sweeter than you say as he was not even doing that last week. He was just sitting all by his lonesome on the bench talking to no one. I think he sits on the bench by himself so he can see if Terry Tate office linebacker is coming in for a hit so he will be able to do a quick "drop and Tuck" move.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #18
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
His job is even sweeter than you say as he was not even doing that last week. He was just sitting all by his lonesome on the bench talking to no one. I think he sits on the bench by himself so he can see if Terry Tate office linebacker is coming in for a hit so he will be able to do a quick "drop and Tuck" move.
yup he doesnt carry clipboard, doesnt signal calls into Jake, and doesnt stand with the offensive coaching staff. my friend from STL was at the game and has heard me ***** about Carr for years so he took a special interest in seeing what he was up to. He said Carr talked to no one the whole first half except one teammate and a trainer. He got up when Pace was taken off the field and that was about it. My friend said he didn't celebrate any of the big plays like the rest of the teammates and backups and that he pretty much sat on the bench alone by the Gatorade cooler.

basically just a bad teammate, not 'one of the guys', and its all about David for David.
Old 09-13-2007   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
I'm very happy for the ant also, to bad he died.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
Another post... not about football,
Dude, you just called yourself out!
Old 09-13-2007   #20
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carr providing Texan bulletin board material?

He's not really lying about anything.

With him starting at QB against Carolina here, we probably would've lost. You remember the 1 time we played Carolina & won, he didn't start, Banks did & he came in off the bench when banks went down.

He probably was ready to get out of here, As i'm sure many fans were ready for him to leave as well....

He is in a good situation where the pressure isn't on him anymore like it was here.

I don't see how the texans can ganer bulletin board material from that.....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read