Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-16-2007   #41
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official Texans vs Panthers- Austin Watch Party- Please sticky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
11:45 and we have 55 people and counting....
That's fantastic!!!! Hope 3rd base is ready for all you diehards!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #42
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
That's fantastic!!!! Hope 3rd base is ready for all you diehards!!
It has been great. I believe there at least 100 fans here. Keye still sucks.
Old 09-16-2007   #43
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
It has been great. I believe there at least 100 fans here. Keye still sucks.
I had a great time and ill be there next week. I think I lost my voice hahaha. Nice to meet some of you guys, will be there next when we attempt to stomp the Colts and go 3-0!!!
ATRAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #44
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm gonna try next week. I wish I could have been there.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #45
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I had an amazing time as well as Mary Jane and my boy! Some of you guys were giving me funny looks though. I'm loud and I won't apologize for that! Oh yeah. Loud.

It was so great meeting many of you guys. Hookinred, Kaiser Toro, Specnatz, Axman, and so on and on. I loved that Asian guy who was sitting next to me. No idea who he was. Can't lipread Asians. No lips to read but if he reads this, THANKS SO MUCH FOR BEING SO NICE TO MY BOY! I'd be proud to sit next to you anyday. You all rocked! We represented Texan nation with pride. I couldn't be any prouder of us all. Good job.

Third Base was great but there are a few kinks and I'm going back over there to meet up with the GM and try to get the closed captioning working properly. I could have done it today but I didn't want to take the game away from anyone. We missed the opening kickoff because they were trying to turn it on. Some guys were a little visually... peeved. For that, I apologize. I'll be going in during a slow period sometime this week and get it sorted out.

Houston, we have a four game winning streak. Yes! FOUR!

Oh yeah...

K-EYE SUCKS!
K-EYE SUCKS!!
K-EYE SUCKS!!!
Old 09-16-2007   #46
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Nitro -- it was good to meet you at the end of the game. I was the guy in the Hula Hut shirt who signed "sweet". (Sorry, that is about the extent of my signing, other than "beer." And of course, "sweet beer".)

Ax -- great to meet you. Sorry if I have to put a fantasy football beat down on you this week. you understand.

KT -- great hanging with you. You are addicted to the web, my friend. (KT was wireless during the WHOLE GAME.) KT was also the guy standing up leading us in a "FIRST DOWN" chant, which we got to do A LOT. Thanks for the real-time stats

Corey --- thanks for supporting the cause, brutha. Hope to see you out again.

Rockabilly was rocking the hizzy. Great meeting you, O.

Nick --- well, you haven't joined this board yet, so you won't read this. Hopefully, you join soon.

I didn't see DHChris, but I think it's possible he was one of the 2 rowdies at the table next to ours.

Everyone else (Spec, Wig, Hookinred), it was great drinking and losing our voice together. Laura is still awesome.

Just a damn good time. If you are a Texan fan and you live in/near Austin, you should come on out next week.

Rickyb
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #47
H-Town Balla#90
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
Just a damn good time. If you are a Texan fan and you live in/near Austin, you should come on out next week.

Rickyb
i was wondering about that. i missed today's game (wifes birthday) and was wondering if we were still meeting up at the bar even when we will be on KEYE like next week. as far as I know my mother in law will be in town next week so i should be able to get out to the bar. i definetly want to meet up with ya'll again. i went last week and it was badass. i can only imagine today w/ the comeback!!!!! anyway, if everyone will still be there in full force next week even though the game is on tv, i'm down!

i just live far away (near 969 and 973 intersection) and have a one and a half year old daughter, so i have to use my "I'm going to the bar" passes wisely meaning I may not be able to come out everytime when they are actually on tv here. but like i said i think next week will be a freebee w/ the mother in law in town.

can't wait to see the highlights of todays game and the look on trey wingo's degenerate face on NFL Live when he has to admit the Texans DON'T suck!

H-Town Balla#90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2007   #48
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Town Balla#90 View Post
i was wondering about that. i missed today's game (wifes birthday) and was wondering if we were still meeting up at the bar even when we will be on KEYE like next week. as far as I know my mother in law will be in town next week so i should be able to get out to the bar. i definetly want to meet up with ya'll again. i went last week and it was badass. i can only imagine today w/ the comeback!!!!! anyway, if everyone will still be there in full force next week even though the game is on tv, i'm down!

i just live far away (near 969 and 973 intersection) and have a one and a half year old daughter, so i have to use my "I'm going to the bar" passes wisely meaning I may not be able to come out everytime when they are actually on tv here. but like i said i think next week will be a freebee w/ the mother in law in town.

can't wait to see the highlights of todays game and the look on trey wingo's degenerate face on NFL Live when he has to admit the Texans DON'T suck!

I'm not tuning in to K-EYE. For as long as Vinson is in office, I just won't tune in to K-EYE. As a result, I'll be coming to Third Base every week. It was a great showing today!
Old 09-16-2007   #49
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be there next week and tape the game for posterity!

Old 09-16-2007   #50
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, what a HELL of a time it was! It was great to be with so many great LOUD Texan fans.

RickyB - sorry I missed you, man. I was sitting at the other end of the room - I was the one constantly taking pictures, LOL. Once I get them off my friend's camera, I'll post a few on the site here.

Did any of the invited media guests end up showing up? I was too busy screaming my lungs out for our team, and didn't notice.

By the way - who was the young guy in the Dunta Robinson jersey who was so loud? I saw whoever that was on my way out of the the 3rd Base parking garage, rolled down my window and screamed HOUSTON!!! and he returned TEXANS!!!!

GOOD TIMES everyone! Things went a lot smoother this week, and man - what an incredible game it turned out to be. I can't wait for Sunday.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #51
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I loved that Asian guy who was sitting next to me. No idea who he was. Can't lipread Asians. No lips to read but if he reads this, THANKS SO MUCH FOR BEING SO NICE TO MY BOY! I'd be proud to sit next to you anyday. You all rocked! We represented Texan nation with pride. I couldn't be any prouder of us all. Good job.
Haha, that was me. Your boy's cool.

AND WOWOWOWOWOW at how fun today's game was! I'll definitely be there for every away game! (Home games, I'll uh...be at Reliant. Hope y'all understand. )

Everyone: it was great meeting y'all and celebrating the victory together! Wow, was that an experience! First time I've ever watched a game at a Sportsbar, and definitely the first time I've been able to do so with a bunch of rowdy Texans fans that could rival the Bullpen!

Weeeeeeeeeeh! Yeah, that'd be me.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #52
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post

Ax -- great to meet you. Sorry if I have to put a fantasy football beat down on you this week. you understand.

Rickyb
Silly Rooster counting your chickens before they hatch! DARKNESS REIGNS!

Old 09-16-2007   #53
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

What an amazing game! It was a blast there today. Bigwig and company, thanks for all the organizing and work you guys have done the past couple seasons. I think we've found our permanent home.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #54
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
What an amazing game! It was a blast there today. Bigwig and company, thanks for all the organizing and work you guys have done the past couple seasons. I think we've found our permanent home.
Quoted for Truth.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #55
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

i couldn't and still cant get over what a great turnout we had. I'm not sure I'm going to get over how odd it feels boys! i'll say it again, I really hope everyone continues to come out for the televised games! Special thanks to Wig and RickyB. For the record I believe it was my crew that you're referring to as "The Other Rowdies"
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #56
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

I loved how everyone in the bar kept watching us and you could see the jealousy in thier eyes over how much fun we were having back there. See you guys next week.
ATRAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #57
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Last week was a rough one for me and I didn't really feel like being social. I was about to go intrude at my in-laws' house so I could use their NFL Ticket. I came across some of these Austin threads and decided at the last minute to go to 3rd Base.

My Texans t-shirt has stains on it and my wife wouldn't let me leave the house with it. Somebody set a leaky pen on top of my Texans hat and I had to toss it. So I showed up wearing a Motorhead shirt and a Harley-Davidson hat. I'm a XXL if anyone wants to sell me an old Carr, Sharper, or Glenn jersey.

Awesome experience. I showed up right after kickoff and couldn't believe how many Texans fans there were in that bar. I only hoped that I would meet some people from this board.

It was great to finally meet all the guys that I've been posting with for the past 2.5 years. I've been looking forward to it for a long time.

Rick- Thanks for giving up the seat next to you for me. Otherwise, I would have been a wallflower in the main part of the bar wishing that I could hang out with the rabid fans.

KT- I owe you a few beers to say the least. Thanks. Hope to get you back soon.

BigWig- Thanks for carrying the torch all this time. Looks like it's finally starting to pay off.

Frosty- Get back on the board and check in sometime.

Rockabilly- Cool hanging with you. Cool story about Lemmy from Motorhead. I think we'd have a lot to talk about in another setting.

Axman- You probably would have got my seat at the table if you showed up 10 minutes earlier. I hope that you knew the people you went and sat with. If not, I hope you know them now.

Spec- It's cool knowing somebody else in my line of work. Hopefully, we'll be able to help each other out sometime.

Also good to meet Nitro and hookinreds. I know there were plenty of other people from this board there, but I just didn't really get a chance to meet them.

I just remembered that I'll be in Florida next weekend, so I'll be missing out on the festivities next week. My dad will be in Texas the following week, so maybe I'll try to bring him around then.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #58
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Good God I had fun. My boss is happy that I cant hardly talk, WTF is up with that?

DH Chris, glad to have met you.

Nitro - good meeting you as well and people were not starring to be rude. It was that they did not understand. when they put the CC on the tv some people got a little upset but I explained it to a lot of them and they were totaly understanding.

Mr White damn straight we will get to gether again when a game is not on.

RickyB you forgot about Belinda. Smokin. Yes Luara was great as always and of the hugs she needed when her Saints got stomped, I was only to happy to be there to console her.

Axman, Barrett, Hookinred, Ensign Lee, Atrain and all the others whom I can't recall off the top of my head.

Hey Bigwig, I can't remember but who is the lady that was sitting at the front of our table? She has a great since of humor.

Again I know I am forgetting people, including the handful of those that I met who are new to the boards and who have not posted much or at all.

Hell yeah I will be there next week.

Gary Vinson can kiss my ASS.
Old 09-17-2007   #59
FatTabbyMama
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to FatTabbyMama Send a message via Yahoo to FatTabbyMama

To quote my New Yorker friend who was with us - "You've never watched football until you've watched it at a bar in Texas."

We made quite the impression! Having a winning team is great; having a great bunch to watch the games with makes it that much better.
FatTabbyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #60
FatTabbyMama
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to FatTabbyMama Send a message via Yahoo to FatTabbyMama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Hey Bigwig, I can't remember but who is the lady that was sitting at the front of our table? She has a great since of humor.
I do believe that was me. Thanks!
FatTabbyMama is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read