Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-12-2007   #1
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Official Texans vs Panthers- Austin Watch Party- Please sticky!

Here it is again folks. Its almost game time and coming off a strong win and a gr8 showing at 3rd base lets rev it up a notch.
We should have an even better turn out due to the season ticket holders arriving and joining in the Austin fan revolution.
We need to be loud and be proud and show everyone that we will not go away or without a good fight, especially that local tv station we all have heard about. For those of you who need a reminder visit www.keye42sucks.com
For those that are new we will be here www.3rdbaseaustin.com
I would like to get someone to pull front man and get there at 11 am and setup the back room for us like last week, and I will try tp be there at 11 also.
So lets tame those cats and bring home a second win!
Dont forget to sign as for roll call so we know how many are coming!
PS in case you want to know the team is wearing white jerseys!

Roll call so far:
BigWig
Kaiser Toro
hookinreds +3
Axman40
Nitrohonda +2
diehardchris
Texansfan1 + 2=3
barrett + 2 or 3
specnatz
rockabilly + 2 or 3
ensign lee
atxlaurie +2
rickyb
fredaustex

Last edited by BigWig; 09-14-2007 at 01:29 PM. Reason: roll call
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official Texans vs Panthers- Austin Watch Party- Please sticky!

I am in. Not sure if I will have anyone coming with me at the moment.
Old 09-12-2007   #3
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Moving to this weeks Watch Party thread:

mbarnes@kvue.com; Roger.Wallace@kxan.com (the other stations were generic forms)

Ok...I just invited the Sports Directors from Austin affiliates of Fox, NBC, and ABC and Channel 8 to the watch party.

The Austin Chapter of the Houston Texans Fan Club would like to invite you to the game this Sunday at 3rd Base http://www.thirdbaseaustin.com/. We are extending an invitation to you and your staff to meet the heart of the Texan fan base here in the Austin area.

As you know, the Houston Texans are not being broadcast locally by one of your competing stations as they would rather broadcast the Tennessee Titans. To them Neilson ratings are 100% responsible for their programming schedule, despite our close proximity to the team located in the same state 150 miles down the road. I can appreciate the fact that your marketing department uses these rating to drive advertising dollars as well, and those dollars make a successful business. However, overlooking the local team is ridiculous. I wonder how the local advertisers would feel to have their products put to the side in favor of a national product? I guess they will find out soon enough as we let them know how displease we are with the station they choose to spend their advertising dollar. That other station has said that they were the “Home of the Texans”, lie. They stated that they would broadcast the first game of the season and go from there, but I guess we all know how that turn into another lie. Then they claim that the Texans will get even time, but that is only because they are “forced” to show the games in weeks 3, 4 and 5 because the Titans play on Monday night in week 3, are off in week 4 and will be on the NFC broadcast for week 5. They are doing no one any favors, only filling the gap left open by the Titans with the Texans feed. We don’t accept the fact that the Texans are gap fillers. The team has changed. We have removed the one thing that has kept the team from progressing and replaced it with a real quarterback. In addition, our offense and defense has a year under its coaching crew and is playing with pride, respect and following it up with results.

3rd Base opens at 11am and the Texan fans will be pouring through the doors shortly thereafter. Come on by, even if it’s just for a short time and meet the people behind the story, but you better come early if you want a seat!

Last edited by hookinreds; 09-12-2007 at 08:06 PM.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #4
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Count me in +3
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #5
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be there!
Old 09-12-2007   #6
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be there plus two!
Old 09-12-2007   #7
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be there - but probably alone this time. Hopefully someone will let me sit at their table or whatever.

GREAT JOB with all the organization, guys. I can't wait! Sunday was great - this week's gonna be even better!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2007   #8
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I'll be there - but probably alone this time. Hopefully someone will let me sit at their table or whatever.

GREAT JOB with all the organization, guys. I can't wait! Sunday was great - this week's gonna be even better!
Being a Texans fan is a prerequisite for sitting at our table. You're more than welcome to sit at ours. Any Texan fan is. Just look for the couple flapping their hands all over the place.

*We're Deaf*
Old 09-12-2007   #9
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Being a Texans fan is a prerequisite for sitting at our table. You're more than welcome to sit at ours. Any Texan fan is. Just look for the couple flapping their hands all over the place.

*We're Deaf*

Someone save me a seat my roomates are cowboys and vince posers so im all on my own. Chris we can start our own table. Ill be wearing a Battle Red Astros shirt with the first Texans draft trucker hat.
ATRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #10
TEXANSFAN1
Rookie

I'll be there +2
TEXANSFAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #11
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be there for sure. Maybe +1 (it depends on if my wife leaves me for Brett Favre at Billy's bar. (i never should have bought her that Favre jersey!) Maybe more though, maybe just me. Lets say just me and I'll update it if I find out more.

I am planning on being there early. I don't know if I'll be there first but I should be there early. I wasn't there last week so I'm not sure where we're setting up. Spec, from the bar where we sat for the Az game where is the room? Is it strait back towards the west wall? If I do end up being there first I'll get the place situated. I'll be wearing a simple blue Texans -T and looking nervous or giddy.

We've got a big time test this week lets hope we play up to our capabilities!

b
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #12
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be there.
Old 09-13-2007   #13
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I will be there.
I thought you were going fishing?
Old 09-13-2007   #14
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still not sure if I can make it. The Wife works this weekend, leaving me to play man coverage on The Boy (5+ month old). I do not have a babysitter....yet.

Someone please get there early (11am), and chat up Bill, the A/V Manager. He's been very supportive of our efforts.

Rick
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
I thought you were going fishing?
I could go so many directions with this .......... but I will be polite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
I'm still not sure if I can make it. The Wife works this weekend, leaving me to play man coverage on The Boy (5+ month old). I do not have a babysitter....yet.

Someone please get there early (11am), and chat up Bill, the A/V Manager. He's been very supportive of our efforts.

Rick
I will be there early.
Old 09-13-2007   #16
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

I will be too, this time I go to church on sat night, he he!
Old 09-13-2007   #17
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm SOOOO there!
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #18
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm there +1 or possibly even +2 or 3.

Beer and Texans Football.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #19
atxlaurie
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 atxlaurie is a Pro Bowleratxlaurie is a Pro Bowler

I'm in. Maybe + 2 if I can get friends motivated.
atxlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #20
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post

Rick
Hell yeah. I just hooked up the best babysitter in the world.

I am so there (3B, that is).

Too bad I won't be drinking, though. I still gotta pick up The Boy after the game, after all. MAN --- I cannot wait until the little guy is old enough to join me. Being a dad rocks the house, big time.

Looking forward to meeting some more folks, too. Nitro & family, DieHardC., etc. etc.

Spec -- did you want to place a beer side bet on the Pick Em total this week? Save me a seat, amigo. I'll arrive around 11:30, 11:45.

Late,
Rick
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read