Votes: 36 61.0%
  • D-Rob's Pick

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Turk randomly jumping onto the pile after punt fumble

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Other (specify in your post)

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters
The 77 yarder to Andre is, by far, the biggest play tattooed into my brain. That play stifled all of the "Schaub doesn't have the deep ball" talk. I just hope the deep ball becomes a regular part of our game.

My $0.02

I liked N D jumping over the blockers to get our last sack of the game. He looked like he would not be denied.

I liked N D jumping over the blockers to get our last sack of the game. He looked like he would not be denied.
That was a fun play to watch. I also liked Kris Brown chasing down the KC kick returner.

I voted the Mario TD. Because it was like this giant relief. He hustles so much. He's working so hard and to see it rewarded like that was great. On that play, he had pushed the tackle into Huard's face and then turned and ran to the play. That's some hustle.

That could be the turning point for him and this whole d-line.

I voted the Mario TD. Because it was like this giant relief. He hustles so much. He's working so hard and to see it rewarded like that was great. On that play, he had pushed the tackle into Huard's face and then turned and ran to the play. That's some hustle.

That could be the turning point for him and this whole d-line.

I voted Mario for the same reasons. Although I like the kneel-down answer too.

I loved seeing that 77 yd pass to AJ, and that's what we want to see a lot of. I voted for Mario's TD though, because you're probably not going to see a DL run for a TD to often. Besides, it's was great to see Mario get the recognition he got for a great game.:d:

PS: You're not going to see TJ intercept too many passes at the line of scrimmage either.....

I think it's awesome that there were so many plays that could've been on the poll.

I voted for the pass to Dre because it was a beautiful deep pass that hit him in stride. It was a sight for sore eyes.
:fans:

I loved seeing that 77 yd pass to AJ, and that's what we want to see a lot of. I voted for Mario's TD though, because you're probably not going to see a DL run for a TD to often. Besides, it's was great to see Mario get the recognition he got for a great game.:d:

I agree that Mario's play was big but we all knew deep down that he would come around.

Schaub on the other hand, reagardless of how we twisted his knowledge of the WCO from the college days into how it would come into play as our starter, we still had that fear in the back of our minds that he just might not make it as a starter at the pro level. Folks here can argue all you want on your stance on Schaub before we ever saw him in preseason action but everyone, not only in Houston but nation wide, had their worries/doubts. This play not only vindicated Schaub but also took our offense from one dimensional to a triple threat. You play us deep we'll eat you with the run, you stack 8 in the box we'll eat you for mid-range passes, you play us cover 2 we'll force the deep ball down your throat. I firmly believe that play alone gave us an identity and established us as an NFL calibre offense for the first time in franchise history.

Sunday is so friggin far away! Go Texans!

My $0.02

There were so many besides the ones mentioned, including all the hits.

But I vote for the one after Mario's TD, where Demeco, as usual, jump on top of Mario, only he kinda ducks, and Demeco jump right over his head.

Perfect ending to a celebration! :d: :doot:

Edit: Err, it's the nonplay after the play!

I voted for the AJ touchdown pass. We haven't seen a long TD pass like that since the Miami game in our second season.

A close second is one of Mario's sacks where he blew threw three KC offenisve linemen.

TJ's pick and Mario's fumble return are probably tied for 3rd favorite.

Schuab to Dre for 77 yards and TD

Longest reception of his 5 year career and most receiving yards, as well.

While I really enjoyed the Mario TD, the Schaub/AJ connection was so beautiful and a perfect burn on coverage that I think it's a sign of the many good things to come.

Every running play during the 15 play, 10:26 drive during the 3rd/4th quarters.
Actually, I thought the best play of that drive was the initial 3rd down conversion, where Schaub beats the blitz with a pass over the middle to Daniels.

3-4-HST 31
(14:20) M.Schaub pass short middle to O.Daniels to HST 45 for 14 yards (T.Brackenridge)

The defense has just held the Chiefs to a FG after a long drive, and needed a rest. That conversion was huge. Schaub went 4-4 for 38 yards on that drive and really put the Chiefs defense on their heels.

Actually, I thought the best play of that drive was the initial 3rd down conversion, where Schaub beats the blitz with a pass over the middle to Daniels.

3-4-HST 31
(14:20) M.Schaub pass short middle to O.Daniels to HST 45 for 14 yards (T.Brackenridge)

The defense has just held the Chiefs to a FG after a long drive, and needed a rest. That conversion was huge. Schaub went 3-3 for 34 yards on that drive and really put the Chiefs defense on their heels.

Yeah, we've talked about the running game on that drive, but the initial part of it was Schaub and that conversion was huge.

all of those were great, but what I liked best about the game was when we were punting from deep in our own end, the ball traveled farther than the 50 yard line. We actually have a punter now that can get us out of trouble, and help us win the battle of field position.

The final score. Yep. That one blows them all out of the water. Actually, since this is a poll with limited options, I'll go with the Schaub to Andre TD.

I did love Kalu's flying sack.

Here's a play not mentioned:

On the Texan's second drive, Schaub's third-and-ten strike to Jacoby in full stride for a 20+ yard game. Up to that point, I was afraid that Kubiak was being too darned careful with Matt trying to build up his confidence. So for those first five plays (the initial three-and-out and the equally-feeble first two plays of the second drive), it might as well have been Carr under center.

But when Matt hit that intermediate route in a way that allowed Jacoby to get some good yards after the catch, you can tell that everyone on the team relaxed. At long last, we have a QB. And even when the drive ended in the bad interception, they didn't fold or panic. They knew they'd be back in scoring position soon enough.

all of those were great, but what I liked best about the game was when we were punting from deep in our own end, the ball traveled farther than the 50 yard line. We actually have a punter now that can get us out of trouble, and help us win the battle of field position.
That was what I believed and talked to all my friends about, that we should and would start by winning the field position this year.
This is our best ST ever, including the coverage team, and it had always been more or less our bread and butter (except for last year, which wasn't too shabby, but we expected more.)

It was a great effort all around. Hell too difficult to choose from ST, D, or O.
I would like to give the game ball to the Defense this one time though. I saw a lot of different numbers all around the ball... gave me a chill. Keep it up guys! :fans:

i voted for the mario td because of all the guys at espn having to take a step back on reggie and vy and act like they've been mario supporters this whole time...

but really my favorite play was turk dropping the elbow on that pile!!!

YES!!! The Atomic Elbow was great!!!

Back