Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What play did you like best?
Mario's TD 13 22.03%
Schuab to Dre for 77 yards and TD 36 61.02%
D-Rob's Pick 2 3.39%
Turk randomly jumping onto the pile after punt fumble 3 5.08%
Other (specify in your post) 5 8.47%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2007   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Chiefs Game

Vote for your favorite play.

(pretend I said D-Rob)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Last edited by Yankee_In_TX; 09-12-2007 at 03:36 PM.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Chiefs Game

The final kneel-down B)
Old 09-12-2007   #3
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

The 77 yarder to Andre is, by far, the biggest play tattooed into my brain. That play stifled all of the "Schaub doesn't have the deep ball" talk. I just hope the deep ball becomes a regular part of our game.

My $0.02
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #4
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked N D jumping over the blockers to get our last sack of the game. He looked like he would not be denied.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
I liked N D jumping over the blockers to get our last sack of the game. He looked like he would not be denied.
That was a fun play to watch. I also liked Kris Brown chasing down the KC kick returner.
Old 09-12-2007   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That sack was great. N.D. 'Praying Mantis' Kalu.
Old 09-12-2007   #7
TheDrifter
All Pro

Rep Power: 12840 TheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
That sack was great. N.D. 'Praying Mantis' Kalu.
My father said he looked like a squirrel coming off a roof.

Anyway...Im going with the TD throw. Just cause its always awesome to see AJ take one to the house from a long distance.
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2007   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted the Mario TD. Because it was like this giant relief. He hustles so much. He's working so hard and to see it rewarded like that was great. On that play, he had pushed the tackle into Huard's face and then turned and ran to the play. That's some hustle.

That could be the turning point for him and this whole d-line.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #9
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Chiefs Game

Quote:
Crud, should have been a poll option :bangshead:
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-12-2007   #10
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Noblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNoblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I voted the Mario TD. Because it was like this giant relief. He hustles so much. He's working so hard and to see it rewarded like that was great. On that play, he had pushed the tackle into Huard's face and then turned and ran to the play. That's some hustle.

That could be the turning point for him and this whole d-line.
I voted Mario for the same reasons. Although I like the kneel-down answer too.
Old 09-12-2007   #11
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

I loved seeing that 77 yd pass to AJ, and that's what we want to see a lot of. I voted for Mario's TD though, because you're probably not going to see a DL run for a TD to often. Besides, it's was great to see Mario get the recognition he got for a great game.

PS: You're not going to see TJ intercept too many passes at the line of scrimmage either.....
Old 09-12-2007   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's awesome that there were so many plays that could've been on the poll.

I voted for the pass to Dre because it was a beautiful deep pass that hit him in stride. It was a sight for sore eyes.
Old 09-12-2007   #13
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Cool Re: Chiefs Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Texans View Post
PS: You're not going to see TJ intercept too many passes at the line of scrimmage either.....

Crud, that one, too.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-12-2007   #14
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Texans View Post
I loved seeing that 77 yd pass to AJ, and that's what we want to see a lot of. I voted for Mario's TD though, because you're probably not going to see a DL run for a TD to often. Besides, it's was great to see Mario get the recognition he got for a great game.
I agree that Mario's play was big but we all knew deep down that he would come around.

Schaub on the other hand, reagardless of how we twisted his knowledge of the WCO from the college days into how it would come into play as our starter, we still had that fear in the back of our minds that he just might not make it as a starter at the pro level. Folks here can argue all you want on your stance on Schaub before we ever saw him in preseason action but everyone, not only in Houston but nation wide, had their worries/doubts. This play not only vindicated Schaub but also took our offense from one dimensional to a triple threat. You play us deep we'll eat you with the run, you stack 8 in the box we'll eat you for mid-range passes, you play us cover 2 we'll force the deep ball down your throat. I firmly believe that play alone gave us an identity and established us as an NFL calibre offense for the first time in franchise history.

Sunday is so friggin far away! Go Texans!

My $0.02
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

There were so many besides the ones mentioned, including all the hits.

But I vote for the one after Mario's TD, where Demeco, as usual, jump on top of Mario, only he kinda ducks, and Demeco jump right over his head.

Perfect ending to a celebration!

Edit: Err, it's the nonplay after the play!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #16
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Every running play during the 15 play, 10:26 drive during the 3rd/4th quarters.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #17
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I voted for the AJ touchdown pass. We haven't seen a long TD pass like that since the Miami game in our second season.

A close second is one of Mario's sacks where he blew threw three KC offenisve linemen.

TJ's pick and Mario's fumble return are probably tied for 3rd favorite.
texasguy346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Schuab to Dre for 77 yards and TD
Longest reception of his 5 year career and most receiving yards, as well.

While I really enjoyed the Mario TD, the Schaub/AJ connection was so beautiful and a perfect burn on coverage that I think it's a sign of the many good things to come.
Old 09-12-2007   #19
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Every running play during the 15 play, 10:26 drive during the 3rd/4th quarters.
Actually, I thought the best play of that drive was the initial 3rd down conversion, where Schaub beats the blitz with a pass over the middle to Daniels.

3-4-HST 31
(14:20) M.Schaub pass short middle to O.Daniels to HST 45 for 14 yards (T.Brackenridge)

The defense has just held the Chiefs to a FG after a long drive, and needed a rest. That conversion was huge. Schaub went 4-4 for 38 yards on that drive and really put the Chiefs defense on their heels.
Old 09-12-2007   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Actually, I thought the best play of that drive was the initial 3rd down conversion, where Schaub beats the blitz with a pass over the middle to Daniels.

3-4-HST 31
(14:20) M.Schaub pass short middle to O.Daniels to HST 45 for 14 yards (T.Brackenridge)

The defense has just held the Chiefs to a FG after a long drive, and needed a rest. That conversion was huge. Schaub went 3-3 for 34 yards on that drive and really put the Chiefs defense on their heels.
Yeah, we've talked about the running game on that drive, but the initial part of it was Schaub and that conversion was huge.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read